PDA

View Full Version : Nuttin' Left To Do But Wait, and Wait....

Niner
12-04-2014, 08:21 AM
Well, I got a call from the taxidermy man. He has my capes and horns. Went over to his place yesterday evening and picked out the forms for the mounts and left him a deposit for the work.

Now all that's left to do is to pick out spots on the wall and wait....and wait..and wait.

#1 should be ready in May, and #2 should be ready in September. In the 19 days between the two deers, he had 79 other heads come in. SEVENTY NINE! NO, he is NOT the only taxidermy man in the area. But evidently he is one that a lot of hunters use.

He said he'd TRY to get #2 to me sooner, but he wouldn't make a promise. I told him I'd much rather have GOOD than FAST.

Chicken Dinner
12-04-2014, 10:35 AM
Post up the finished product when you can.

treyball20
12-04-2014, 12:01 PM
i hate the waiting game when waiting for a mount but when you get it back it is just like Christmas morning, except for my wife who grumbles every time I bring one home

Niner
12-04-2014, 12:43 PM
I doubt I'll have that problem (grumbling)....She practically insisted that we get them mounted.
:biggrin :biggrin :biggrin :biggrin

treyball20
12-04-2014, 01:44 PM
you are super lucky...I guess the grumbling started when one room couldn't hold my mounts I have started working on room #3

Big Skyz
12-04-2014, 02:13 PM
That's one thing I've always been grateful for, my wife actually likes taxidermy. I more than understand the wait, wait, wait part though. I'm in the process of waiting for my bear that I got with Treyball20. I can't wait to see it when it's done. The taxidermist is a lady btw, and she is one of the best taxidermist's I've seen. Her work is in a league all its own.

Trav
12-04-2014, 04:25 PM
Could be worse I had to wait for my elk and now I have to either buy a new house or add a new room just so I can put it up. Elk mounts + 8ft ceilings + Neapolitan Mastiff = destruction. So for now it sits on the ground in my office at home.

treyball20
12-04-2014, 06:05 PM
if I were to get an elk mounted I would either do a 90 degree turn or have it on a short pedestal because they take up so much room

Bwana
12-05-2014, 10:21 AM
The first buck I ever had mounted was dropped off at the taxidermist less then 24 hours after shooting it and I didn't take any pictures of it in the field. Had to wait months just to see what the darn thing looked like. ;)