PDA

View Full Version : Warn 8000# Winch Value ????

Niner
12-04-2014, 07:02 PM
I have an old Warn 8000# winch (Model 8274).
It was on a ~1980 F150 that I owned once upon a time. It rode in one of those nice winch bumpers. but when I traded that truck in, I pulled the winch off with the intent of putting it on the next truck. Well, that was about 4 trucks ago, and it is STILL sitting under the stairs in the basement.

I contacted Warn, and they said that while they DO have hardware to mount a winch to my 2007 Tundra....the 8274 will NOT work with that hardware. Guess I'd have to have one of the newfangled "low profile" units.

So.....It may be time to get shed of that old rascal. While it would be cool to be sporting a winch on me truck...just not sure I can justify that kind of expense for the amount of actual use I'd get out of it.

I reckon I could put it up on eBay, but I have NOOOO idea how I'd ship the thing.
Thump???? Have you shipped something this heavy before? According to the specs it weighs 110#

Thumper
12-04-2014, 07:33 PM
My first suggestion would be Craig's List. It's free and you can sell it to a local with no shipping involved. I usually meet 'em in a public place instead of having 'em come to my house ... but everyone I've ever dealt with personally on CL seemed to be pretty decent, above-board people. If you sell it locally, you can put that bazillion $$$ you'd spend for shipping/fees straight into your pocket.

I don't think you'd have any problem at all selling a winch in your area.