PDA

View Full Version : Hey, Phole, whatcha cooking???....

Big Muddy
12-06-2014, 11:47 AM
It's hot and raining here, so I'm not hunting, today....I thought I'd pick on you a little bit....I know you bound to be smoking or grilling something for today's big Cowboy/Sooner game....Sooners are a 21 point favorite. ;)

Whatcha got cooking??? ;)

Lotta good games on, today....since my Dogs are ranked at #10, I'm hoping for any #1 to #9 team to lose big time!!! ;)

We oughta move up a couple spots, since #7 Ariz. got demolished last night....my weekend will be a success, however, if only Ohio St. and Fl. State get beat....bad as I hate to say it, I still think TCU will be playing for the NC.

BarryBobPosthole
12-06-2014, 11:58 AM
Eddie, I'm hoping for a Bama, FSU, and Ohio State loss today just so it mucks up the whole picture. Mainly just to see what all those TV 'experts' have to say about it.

Those Dogs of yours had an awesome season. Can't wait to see what they do next year! Its about time we had a new couple of dynasty teams in the SEC. I think Arkansas is on the cusp and MSU is definitely there.

Say, is anyone in the south talking about the possibility of the Mad Hatter to Michigan? He's a Michigan alum and it'd seem to me to be a logical cap to his career. Would tickle me to death just because it'd put a brown spot in Urban Meyers' drawers.

Haven't decided on gameday food yet. Probably will stop by on the way home from my DIL's 'gender reveal party (an excuse to get presents if you ask me). I'm actually thinking about frying up some yardbird but not sure what I'll do.

What's on at your place?

Chicken Dinner
12-06-2014, 12:14 PM
He's already turned that job down twice. You really think they'll ask him again? My bet is it's a ploy to get a raise or extension out of LSU.

Big Muddy
12-06-2014, 12:23 PM
Yep, the Miles/Mich. rumor has been circulating around here for about a week....however, it seems the coonasses are satisfied with him staying for at least another year....personally, I think his coaching career has about topped-out, and he might wanna finish it off by retiring, after a couple of years at Michigan.

Chicken Dinner
12-06-2014, 01:11 PM
Sweet Mother of Abraham Lincoln, I just saw the spread for the Bedlam game. I OU that good? Or, are the Cowboys that bad?

Big Muddy
12-06-2014, 02:37 PM
Chick, I too, was a bit surprised that the Sooners are a 21 point favorite....that's a HUGE in-state rivalry game, and anything can happen....but, I think the Sooners will win it, but not more than 9 pts....the o/u is 60.5 pts....if I was a betting man, I'd take the over bet.

OSU has a pretty tough schedule....6 of the top 20 teams are on their schedule....they lost to the Fla State Crableg Boy by only 37-31 in their first game of the season....and, gave #7 Baylor a pretty fair game last week.

Going out on a limb here....Sooners win 35-26.

BarryBobPosthole
12-06-2014, 02:55 PM
OSU is that bad. The Sooners are a good team with an excellent O line and a mediocre defense with a couple of notable exceptional players. The only mystery today is how many yards Samaje Perine rushes for. I say he'll have a 300+ yard day. The kid is good beyond and OSU is REALLY undersized on the D line. OU's line averages about 330 and is pretty experienced. And that's why this team is so disappointing because they have a lot of talent but for whatever reason they just haven't been able to put it all together this year. Also, keep your eyeballs on #3, Sheperd. He's a pretty awesome receiver.

My prediction is Sooners 56 Aggots 17.

BKB

BaseballCoach (Rev A)
12-06-2014, 07:32 PM
Not looking like a shoot out or blow out so far.

Buckrub
12-06-2014, 08:19 PM
Ouch.

Chicken Dinner
12-06-2014, 08:28 PM
Double-ouch!

BarryBobPosthole
12-06-2014, 09:43 PM
That was like sliding down a ten foot razor blade into a vat of alcohol! Ouch!
BKB

Thumper
12-06-2014, 09:54 PM
I have no clue what youse dufes are talkin' about ... but I'll go along with the "ouch" part! :eek:

Chicken Dinner
12-06-2014, 10:02 PM
OU, the 21 point favorite, lost in OT.

Thumper
12-06-2014, 10:12 PM
OUCH!!! ;)

Big Muddy
12-07-2014, 02:37 AM
Phole, if I lived near you, we could go have a root beer, and cry together because I, too, know the exact pain and agony of loosing to an in-state arch rival....it absolutely sucks !!!!!