PDA

View Full Version : Could use some prayers for my better half

Arty
12-07-2014, 08:58 PM
We were at some friends last night. Wife went upstairs to the bathroom and when she started to come down the stairs, she slipped on the very top step and went head over heels down the steps. The steps were hardwood, no carpet to pad anything. She went so fast she had no
time to brace, prepare or stop herself.
She landed in a clump on the hardwood floors at the bottom of the steps. She was out cold.
I FREAKED OUT. PROBABLY did several wrong things, including moving her arms and legs (trying to get her laying straight and also attempting to wake her up). After what seemed 10 minutes, but our friends say was 30-45 seconds... She started to moan a little. It was then and only then I realized her head was laying in a pool of blood. She head cut herself wide open right above her right eye. About a 2 inch long cut.

We stopped the bleeding with a towel compress and then I took her to the ER.

They stitched up her forehead. Then they did a cat scan of her head. THANKFULLY everything was ok there.

She had HUGE bruises on her right knee, hip, shoulder and arm. Shoulder and arm were the worst pain, and they did 4 X-rays there. THANKFULLY everything was ok there.

SO I brought her home with some bruises and stitches. But she will be OK.

To say she is sore is an understatement. She can walk, sit, Etc. But it hurts.

She is mostly upset because she is training for a full marathon in March, and she WONT be able to run. At least this week..... And I haven't told her this but id be surprised if she can the week after next.

Where I was sitting in the dining room at our friends house, I had a birds eye view and witnessed the whole thing. I was actually looking at her as she came around the corner to the top of the stairs. Those moments right after (while I was trying to wake her up) were the most scared I have ever been. I thought for a moment I had lost my best friend.

So, prayers would be appreciated. She's very sore. She's Gonna be taking it easy for a few days...but SHE IS OK! And for that we are very thankful.

LW
12-07-2014, 09:13 PM
Thank goodness she is just sore. Take care of her, be her personal gopher and let her control the tv clicker.

Captain
12-07-2014, 09:30 PM
Dog gone man that some serious stuff! SO glad she is OK. Even with the "whoopin" them stairs put on her. It could have been much worse.
Will be thinking of you both

BarryBobPosthole
12-07-2014, 09:40 PM
Glad to hear she's okay, man that is scary as shit. You and her got 'em from Oklahma, Artie.
BKB

HideHunter
12-07-2014, 09:41 PM
doggone the bad luck.. Scary stuff. We'll have a good thought for her.

Chicken Dinner
12-07-2014, 10:10 PM
Holy-moly, that us some scary stuff! I'll pray for a speedy recovery.

Thumper
12-07-2014, 11:21 PM
Man, that had the hair on the back of my neck standing up and my heart racing just reading it. Wow ... you just never know ... one minute all is well and then your whole world can be turned upside down in a heartbeat. Glad all seems to be well ... cuts, bruises and sore muscles heal ... it could have been MUCH worse. I can't image the thoughts going through your head when you first got to her. Glad to hear there was no permanent damage. Good thoughts headed your way.

Niner
12-08-2014, 07:54 AM
BLAST! I do believe that is the most frightening thing I have ever read on here. That could have been SOOOOO much worse. I am super-glad that she's "just" shaken up and bruised. At least you can kiss those boo-boos away. :)
I cannot imagine how freaked-out you were when you got to her......which I'd wager only took about 1.2uS.

It's A Thousand Wonders (as my Dad used to say) that she didn't break a bone or sprain something or worse. Must have had an angel riding on her shoulder or somesuch.

I'll be sending up some prayers of gratitude.....and for healing. Just so, so glad she's "only" bruised up. Keep an eye on her for the next several days to make SURE she's ok and nothing pops up unexpectedly.

Arty
12-08-2014, 08:26 AM
Thanks e'erbody.
She's a tough cookie for sure.
She has more bruising this morning, but says her shoulder actually feels a little better.
If there's any good news in this... I got to help her put on her bra this morning! :) :)

Captain
12-08-2014, 08:37 AM
If there's any good news in this... I got to help her put on her bra this morning! :) :)

Your breast friend. :D
Glad she feeling better.

Thumper
12-08-2014, 09:28 AM

Well that's a change! I always looked forward to helping take those things OFF!! :D

Chicken Dinner
12-08-2014, 09:49 AM
Not to make light, but something tells me alcohol may have been involved.:beerbust

Fido
12-08-2014, 09:50 AM
Glad too hear she's doing ok! Watch out for those "Double Barrel Slingshots" I hear they got some goodies in them!!!

LJ3
12-08-2014, 11:11 AM
Damn dude! I bet that was scary as hell to see! I can't imagine. I'm glad she's recovering well.

HideHunter
12-08-2014, 11:32 AM
Thanks e'erbody.
She's a tough cookie for sure.
She has more bruising this morning, but says her shoulder actually feels a little better.

Pictures or it didn't happen. :lmao

Arty
12-08-2014, 12:38 PM
Not to make light, but something tells me alcohol may have been involved.:beerbust

Believe it or not... It wasn't. The dang kids had just been put in bed!

Thumper
12-08-2014, 12:51 PM
Put the kids to bed? Oh ... you were at home? I kinda wondered why the wife went upstairs to use the restroom ... I thought this happened at the friend's house. I was wondering how good their homeowner's policy might be. ;)

We were at some friends last night. Wife went upstairs to the bathroom and when she started to come down the stairs, she slipped on the very top step and went head over heels down the steps.

LJ3
12-08-2014, 01:58 PM
They were at a friends house, they were hanging out past the kids usual bed time. All kids went upstairs for bed at the friends house. Duh :)

Arty
12-08-2014, 01:58 PM
Put the kids to bed? Oh ... you were at home? I kinda wondered why the wife went upstairs to use the restroom ... I thought this happened at the friend's house. I was wondering how good their homeowner's policy might be. ;)

Our friends children, thump.
My children are old enough to put themselves to bed.

LJ3
12-08-2014, 02:10 PM
I was close enough :)

Thumper
12-08-2014, 03:06 PM
Okay, got it. Yeah, I see now where you were in the dining room at the friends house when you saw it happen. My bad.

hotshot
12-08-2014, 05:46 PM
scary, but a happy ending.

Buckrub
12-08-2014, 06:03 PM
Wow.
So glad she's ok.

Bwana
12-08-2014, 06:57 PM
Can't imagine how scary that must have been.

Hoping for a quick healing.

Buckrub
12-09-2014, 09:13 PM
So hows she doing?

Arty
12-10-2014, 02:02 AM
Physically:

Bruises are bigger than Sunday or Monday .... But she feels ok other than sore. She Discovered a broken toe this morning when she put "work shoes" (read "heels") on. She took yesterday off. To recover a little.

She's tough, I'm telling you. I've never seen such a delicate, timid, loving person with such inner .... "Gumph". She does things I could never do. Runs like the wind... For literally hours on end. But can't take the lid off a new jar of pickles.

Mentally:

She's down. Feels like a klutz. And very upset that she isn't at 100% physically. She also has mentioned she "spent her iPhone watch money on a cat scan".... I guess she is just sulking a little. I'm trying to lift her up all I can. I'll still get her an iPhone watch. When I can. So that hasn't changed.

Thank you for asking. It was and is a BIG deal. In the top two or three of the biggest thing we've had to deal with in 18 years of marriage.

Guess we're lucky. SHE certainly is. I mean, hey, she landed me. :)

Thumper
12-10-2014, 08:13 AM
Guess we're lucky. SHE certainly is. I mean, hey, she landed me. :)

ONLY because she didn't meet me first! :D

Glad to hear she's on the mend. The more I've thought about this story the past few day, the scarier it got. Get her that watch dufe! ;)

Niner
12-12-2014, 09:49 AM
Same here. I keep thinking about this and how lucky YOU BOTH are that she came through it with just a few bruises. It cetainly could EASILY been much much worse.....and I think you know what I mean so I won't say it.

Get that danged watch for her and get it under the Christmas Tree. I'll just bet you she'll hug your neck when she opens it!!!
:hello :fine :rockon