PDA

View Full Version : My Chirren's High School - Playing for the State Champeenship tomorrow

LJ3
12-12-2014, 04:25 PM
An article from the Washington Post. They've had a cinderella year, for sure. The deceased coach mentioned in the article, Adam Fortune, was a fantastic guy. A great role model, mentor and advocate for the kids in every aspect of school. He touched both my girls lives in very positive ways and they were both devastated when he suddenly died. I've gone to their last 4 or 5 games and the level of excitement gets more and more intense as they laid down country style ass-whippin's on all their rivals. Regardless of what happens tomorrow in Charlottesville, it's been one hell of a run for these guys.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/highschools/tuscaroras-fortune-huskies-charge-into-state-final-with-inspiration-from-late-coach/2014/12/12/74762a52-80c8-11e4-81fd-8c4814dfa9d7_story.html

Niner
12-13-2014, 08:19 AM
SOOOOO!!!!!!
How did they do? Are they the Champeeens????

LJ3
12-13-2014, 11:58 AM
Game starts at noon. The amount of people traveling down for the game is impressive. It's a cool thing. Leesburg is small enough that there's no way you could not know about their journey this season. Pretty cool to be a part of it. It would make a great made for TV movie :)

Niner
12-13-2014, 04:47 PM
You going down to photog the event for posterity????

LJ3
12-13-2014, 07:26 PM
Nah, I'm still trying to catch up from wedding season. They lost to the 3 time state champs by 3 points after leading the whole game until late in the 4th.

Great game though and there's tons of fans waiting for them at the school to welcome them back and hopefully help them hold their heads high!