PDA

View Full Version : Christmas List

LJ3
12-17-2014, 04:15 PM
I'm not sure at what age this became my reality. Nothing I want Santa to load and bring to me is less than $3,000. I became a materialistic, self centered asshole somewhere along the line.

Buckrub
12-17-2014, 04:25 PM
I don't want anything. I'd like to give some stuff away.

I just want to see my kids and grandkids. Not even gonna get to do that for some of 'em.

Grandma has spent a year's income on Xmas already. Trucks show up all hours of the day. I hope Uncle Sam doesn't want money this year, cause Santa has it all.

I hope you get five of what you want, LJ. I bet one is a Boffo Camera.

jb
12-17-2014, 04:32 PM
LJ3, been that way for a number of years, I have all the normal stuff you can get in 70 years, every Christmas it gets harder for the boys.
I set a limit of $25, they need the money more than me, if they want to spend more I tell them to spend it on Mama, she's does more for them than I do.
I get my Christmas presents all year long so when I do spend a few bucks I just tell myself this is a Christmas present nobody else can afford.
Even Mama doesn't know everything Santa brings me. :happy

Big Skyz
12-17-2014, 04:50 PM
Len don't be so hard on yourself. You weren't always self centered. ;)

LJ3
12-17-2014, 04:50 PM
I see a nice stool is at the top of your list, kind sir :)

Sunshine
12-17-2014, 09:01 PM
You've forgotten, it's not about getting!!
Its about giving.

I don't want anything for Xmas.
I'm in the middle of my rounds making others Christmas's happy .

Stopped by the Fire station and dropped off some cash, so they can help a family.
One year, during my divorce, I was one of those families. Would not have had Christmas without their help.
Been doing it, every since I got back on my feet.

Dropped off presents to a family I kinda took under my wing.

Always donate to the local food bank.
During my divorce, I used the food bank.
Before the divorce I was on the board of directors! Never thought the day would come I'd personally need the help.

I've done the giving trees, secret Santa stuff and much more.
It just feels right helping, when I can.

Dropped off $$ at my grocery store, for them to use for paying several customers groceries.
Been doing that for three years now.

Its a lot of fun to hear the employees stories, when the customer finds out their groceries are covered.
Only the store manager and a couple employees know I'm the one that is doing this.

The employees tell me it just makes their day, when they tell a person their groceries are covered.
The customer always has a story how it helped them and to tell the person (me) thank you for helping them.

Last year I helped pay groceries for 5 people.
Some elderly, some having a difficult time making ends meet and others that were short on money at the till.
A get to hear the stories, in Jan, when I stop by the grocery store.

One lady thought she hit the lotto and wondered if she was on camera. Lol

That's what Christmas is about.

I'm hoping the kindness I'm doing helps that one person that's just about given up.
It lets them know, someone out there does care about them.

Just makes my Christmas knowing I did something for someone else.

Last year I was in a store, when a young man was trying to find a job, so he could get presents for his family.
The store owner said she didn't have anything right now and he left.
I asked her if she knew him and she said yes. He's a good kid.
She wished she could have done something for him.

I saw him later in another store and walked up to him.

I asked him if he was the young man I just saw in the other store, looking for work.
He said YES MA'AM! I recognized him, so I knew it was him.
I reached out to shake his hand and when he reached for my hand I laid $100 bill in his hand.
I had it hidden in the palm of my hand.
He looked up at me in shock.
I said this is for you and keep trying to do good and find a job.
He just kept saying thank you over and over.
I told him Merry Christmas and walked away.
He's a good kid and I have no problem helping him out.
That's what Christmas is for me.

I already told my husband and kids I do not want anything for Christmas, except spending some time with them.

I'm still not done spreading Christmas joy.

Have three more unsuspecting individuals, to drop in on before Sat.

You just have no idea how good it feels inside, to make someone's day.
There might come a day, again, where I can't do all this, but for now I can and its a lot of fun.

Merry Christmas you bunch of Dufus's.

Outta here, but I'm lurking.

HideHunter
12-17-2014, 10:41 PM
Just *very* cool Sunny! Kudos...

Chicken Dinner
12-17-2014, 10:44 PM
Nice to have you pop in. Merry Christmas!

Buckrub
12-17-2014, 10:56 PM
Merry Christmas, Sunny.

Thumper
12-18-2014, 12:47 AM
You're a good woman Sunny. Merry Christmas.

johnboy
12-18-2014, 12:53 AM
Thanks Sunny. That made my day.

Niner
12-18-2014, 08:06 AM
Good on ya, Sunny. SO glad you dropped by. Made my day!

Cards01
12-18-2014, 08:51 AM
Merry Christmas Sunny!! You are a great person!!

DeputyDog
12-18-2014, 08:58 AM
Sunny, thank you for popping in and posting that uplifting message. I know that I've really been down lately with everything going on in this country and what seems to be the prevailing attitude towards my profession and to see that there are still some good people out there made me feel a little better. I know that not everyone hates the police and in reality it's really a small minority of the population that do, but with everything in the media lately perception has kind of became reality to me.

Arty
12-18-2014, 09:02 AM
That's awesome. You need to change your handle here to "mrs claus"

Fido
12-18-2014, 09:16 AM
You just "MADE MY DAY" girl!!!!!!!!

Thumper
12-18-2014, 09:19 AM
Deppity, I respect everything about you, your profession and your fellow LEO's. I've walked in your shoes and although I consider myself a "strong" and level headed person ... I simply couldn't handle it. Not because I wasn't capable of doing the job, but because the negativity I dealt with on a daily basis finally wore me down ... and it only took 6-months on patrol to break me. I went from being one of the most patient people in the world to having a "hair trigger" and ended up with NO patience (or tolerance) at all. Although I loved the job, I was smart enough to realize I needed to change my career path while I was still young and before I hurt someone.

It takes a special person to do what you and all LEO's do and that makes you and your fellow officers special IMHO. Merry Christmas to you and yours, including your LEO "brothers and sisters". many of whom will be working as we're sharing Christmas Day with family.

DeputyDog
12-18-2014, 09:28 AM
Thanks Jim. I didn't include that to get any sympathy or anything, but I've just been really frustrated lately since everything has been so negative towards LE lately. Here is an editorial from our local paper that was nice to see.

December 17, 2014

Police and fear
The number of police killings is shocking
By Matt Getts
No, not the number of people killed by the police, the number of police killed by the citizens they are sworn to protect.
Cases in New York City and Ferguson, Missouri, have everyone talking about police tactics. Those in the national media would have you believe that our police officers are jack-booted thugs with itchy trigger fingers.
People talk about being scared of the police, citing such isolated incidents as if they were the norm.
But that fear is created and stoked by folks with an agenda, and has no basis in fact.
Consider:
• From 2010-2013, according to the FBI, on average 422 people each year were killed by police officers doing their duty.
• The United States population was 316 million in 2013.
• For every 686,956 people in this country, one was killed by a police officer in 2013.
• Odds of a U.S. citizen being killed by police were 1.45 in a million.
• According to the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s Uniform Crime Report, there were 27 police officers killed by felonious acts in 2013 (this does not include those killed in traffic crashes or being struck while on a highway).
• That same report drew its data from only some of the country’s law enforcement agencies — as many as 25 percent don’t report any statistics. The data set included 686,956 sworn officers.
• For every 23,220 police officers, 1 was killed.
• Odds of a police officer being killed by a citizen were 43 in a million.
What does that mean?
It means that a police officer is 29 times more likely to be killed by a citizen than for a citizen to be killed by police.
Those same statistics show that police made approximately 11.3 million arrests in 2013. With 422 deaths at the hands of police, the odds of a citizen who has allegedly broken the law walking away alive (even if it is to jail) is 99.996 percent.
What about in northeastern Indiana?
In 2013, police in DeKalb, LaGrange, Steuben and Noble counties shot and killed … nobody.
In 2012, police in those counties shot and killed … nobody.
In 2011, police shot and killed one person, and that was Ralph Hardiek after he shot Waterloo Deputy Marshal Steve Brady on Dec. 15.
In 2010, police shot and killed one person, and that was after a Ligonier man pointed a rifle at officers during a standoff on Nov. 12. The man had shot at a Ligonier police officer earlier in the day.
Thank God no police officers have been killed in that time frame.
Police in general, and in particularly locally, are good men and women. Some are better at their craft than others, some are more friendly, some are more motivated. No one wants to take a life. And all of them want to go home at the end of their shifts.
It bears repeating: A police officer is 29 times more likely to be killed by a citizen than for a citizen to be killed by police.
Which begs the real question: Who should be afraid of whom?

According to www.odmp.org, so far this year, 110 LEO's have died or been killed in the line of duty, 43 by gunfire.

LJ3
12-18-2014, 10:57 AM
Good on ya Sunny! And you too LW and our other Law Dogs. Been a rough stretch for you guys but I can assure you that the sane majority of the country supports you all 1000%

As these morons recede back to the fringe where they belong, I think the country has become more aware of the perversion of truths in order to further an agenda. It's so freaking obvious in this case that even the most unaware among us has at least raised an eyebrow.

Big Skyz
12-18-2014, 11:18 AM
Sunny I think that might just be the best post I've ever seen you make. It made me feel good and a little guilty at the same time knowing that I could do more for those around me that are struggling.

As for those of you in law enforcement you have my complete respect and support. Len is right the majority of people still support you guys despite what this idiotic news media prefers to portray.