PDA

View Full Version : Man, this really hurts me....

Big Muddy
12-20-2014, 09:10 AM
Sandy chased a squirrel into a stack of lumber behind my farm shop, and somehow got her right rear leg lodged in between some of the boards....I wasn't home at the time, but my son had just come in from hunting, and found her.

Evidently, she had struggled to free herself, and really stressed the tendon, running up the back of her lower leg bone, from her ankle to her knee....fortunately, nothing is broken or torn, but she is limping really bad....doc has her on some meds for pain, but time is the only healing factor.

She seems to be improving, and feeling better, and still eating well....but, I can see the disappointment in her eyes, every time I leave home without her.

DeputyDog
12-20-2014, 09:16 AM
That sucks. Thankfully nothing is torn, so time should heal her right up.

Niner
12-20-2014, 09:17 AM
Poor little gal.
Sorry to hear she got hurt, but glad that it's not too serious....could hav been worse.
She needs lots of TLC and head rubs now, and some time laying in front of the fireplace.

She'll be back after those darned tree rats in no time flat.

Big Muddy
12-20-2014, 09:30 AM
I sure hope so....I really missed not having her at our annual squirrel roundup, yesterday.

I attended it, and hunted with some other guys and their dogs, but it sure wasn't the same without Sandy, romping up and down those hills with me.

Big Skyz
12-20-2014, 10:25 AM
Total bummer.

Thumper
12-20-2014, 10:27 AM
That sucks. Hope she mends rapidly and gets back after those tree rats asap.

Bwana
12-20-2014, 12:09 PM
Hunted the better part of 3 seasons without my dog due to an ACL tear so I know what you are feeling. It just isn't the same.

Hoping for a speedy recovery.

LW
12-20-2014, 03:45 PM
Extra snacks for her.

Captain
12-20-2014, 08:03 PM
Man sorry to hear about Sandy. I've hunted quail behind some awful good dogs the past couple of days and they are amazing. I've never been much of a dog guy, as far as owning them. I use to have coon hounds as a kid and a few pointers and setters. But I get way too attached to them and when they leave this world it works on me pretty good.
I do enjoy hunting rabbits with a good bunch of beagles. Perhaps I'll get out your way one day and see Sandy work some squirrels.
Hope he is doing better soon.

Thumper
12-20-2014, 08:14 PM
Ummmm, I believe Sandy is a "she". ;)

Captain
12-20-2014, 08:32 PM
Ummmm, I believe Sandy is a "she". ;)

I knew that. Guess I just typed it wrong or missed a key....