PDA

View Full Version : About 20 miles from here.....

Big Muddy
12-26-2014, 08:33 AM
This one was taken a few days ago, just up the road from me.....btw, his first shot missed, and instead of running off into the cut-over, the deer just turned and walked away....second shot got him. I'd say he was prolly shaking pretty bad on the first shot. ;)

Big Skyz
12-26-2014, 10:58 PM
Dang! Just DANG!!!

Bwana
12-27-2014, 12:24 AM
What a HOG!

Captain
12-27-2014, 08:40 AM
Damn! He would have sure enough been a good one next year. ;)

That thing looks like one of them deer farm deer
Wow!

Thumper
12-27-2014, 10:23 AM
Dang! I'd have been shaking so badly, I'm sure I'd have missed that bad boy! What a moose!

Big Muddy
12-27-2014, 12:56 PM
Here's the guy's statement in the magazine article:

""“When I finally walked up on him, I yelled out something and jumped about as high as my truck,” he said. “I could not believe how great of a deer this was. I called my brother-in-law and told him that I’d just killed the biggest deer of my life and by the time he got there, I’d walked a mud hole around the deer from amazement.”

As it turns out, Braswell never touched the deer with the first shot and the fact that he got another shot immediately following the first one, is something that he’ll always remember.

“I’ve named him Second Chance because he gave me that second shot,” Braswell said.

The deer is an exquisite main frame 10 with two non-typical points in front of its G2’s that are 12 inches long each, a spread of 23 ¼ inches, and a gross score of 193 4/8 inches.

“We ended up scoring him non-typical,” Braswell said. “If we’d have scored it typical then that would have been about 24 inches of deductions, but his left side and his right side are only less than an inch difference, so it’s very symmetrical.”""