01-01-2015, 09:20 PM
Looks like the axle just broke too!
Wow!

Buckrub
01-01-2015, 09:53 PM
No crab legs for post game meal.

Niner
01-01-2015, 11:25 PM
Man oh man!!!! The look on Shamus's face whilst the Ducks was kicking FSU's butt was priceless!

I've never watched Oregon before, but I'll keep an eye out for them from now on, I'll tell ya. Those guys were like little green monsters... running hither and yon and just playing an outstanding game of feetsball.

Big Muddy
01-01-2015, 11:49 PM
Those Ducks are tough and swoof little mofos....love those John Deere green and yellow uniforms. ;)

Niner
01-02-2015, 06:16 AM
Well darnit.....
Bama certainly did not play like themselves last night. Not sure what their problem was, but they just couldn't BUY a break. Seems like old Lady Luck turned a blind eye to them last night and instead smiled big on the Buckeyes.

So, I guess this inaugrual playing of the new championship series will be betweeen Oregon, and Ohio......the "Double Ought Bowl"....... so to speak. Should be a good one, I can't wait to see how these Ducks do.......

CFP Championship
Monday, January 12, 8:30 PM on ESPN
AT&T Stadium, Arlington, Texas

#5 -- Ohio State "Buckeyes"
vs
#3 -- Oregon "Ducks"

Should be a "barn burner" of a game!!!

Chicken Dinner
01-02-2015, 10:02 AM
How 'bout that SEC West? 2-5..,

Captain
01-02-2015, 10:10 AM
Alabama was leading when I fell asleep. Gonna have to catch a sports show to see what the hell happened? Them ducks sure gave a spanking. Saw most of that one. Going to be one heck of a game if both teams show up as ready as they were in last night...

quercus alba
01-02-2015, 10:23 AM
How 'bout that SEC West? 2-5..,

the main thing that matters is that the Piggies were one of the two

BaseballCoach (Rev A)
01-02-2015, 10:28 AM
Guess the OSU win proves what 99% of the people have said for years, we need some kind of playoff system. Just playing 1 vs 2 is not enough.

Chicken Dinner
01-02-2015, 11:14 AM
Yeah. I saw something this morning that said under the old BCS system it would have been FSU v. Bama.

BarryBobPosthole
01-02-2015, 11:55 AM

jb
01-02-2015, 11:56 AM
My only football post for the year.
Big 10 didn't do to bad this year, Mich. State, Wisconsin, Ohio.
Glad to see they're back.
Michigan should be fun to watch in the next few years with Harbaugh there.

Big Muddy
01-02-2015, 12:37 PM
TCU got screwed....they shoulda been in the top 4....I think they could beat both Fla. State and Ohio State, handily....jmho.

Hombre
01-02-2015, 01:41 PM
Football yesterday was great. Watching Winston get pummeled was nice, and the Ohio / Alabama game did not disappoint. I agree Big Muddy TCU should have been in the hunt.....I liked what Gary Patterson said when they asked him if he thought TCU should be in "I don't think I need to say anything". Either way I think the playoff is far better than what we had before and going to an 8 team will really improve on that.

Buckrub
01-02-2015, 03:43 PM
More turnovers Dec 31 and Jan 1 than Pillsbury could crank out.

Crazy football season. Fun to watch though.

And 8 teams fixes all legitimate complaints.

Big Muddy
01-02-2015, 03:46 PM
Yep, it's a whole lots better, now....but, an 8 team playoff is the fairest way to go.

Buckrub
01-02-2015, 04:39 PM
8 gets every single team that has even a remote legitimate chance of winning it all.

Big Muddy
01-02-2015, 04:47 PM
8 teams eliminates most of the bitchers and whiners.

BarryBobPosthole
01-02-2015, 05:06 PM
The biggest improvement I can see that needs to be made is they need to eliminate, as much as they can, a secret committee that decides the participants. There should be automatic qualifieers for maybe six conference champions and then the two at large bids can be decided by a bunch of old tired fuckers who probably don't know beans about most of the teams they are judging. I know its probably not possible to automagically decide all 8 but six would improve the integrity of the result immensely.

And I agree TCU should have been in, but they can only blame the Big 12 for that fiasco. If the Big 12 had the sense to crown a triue conference champion then TCU wouldn't have gotten screwed. I honestly think they thought the committee would choose both Baylor and TCU and that's just stupid. Especially when all year long the conference has been running promos that say 'One True Champion' and then declare a friggin tie. Go figure. Its stupid.

The Bama - OSU game might've got my vote for game of the year. Can't remember a better one that I watched.

BKB

Thumper
01-02-2015, 05:59 PM
The biggest improvement I can see that needs to be made is they need to eliminate, as much as they can, a secret committee ...

Hey!!! What'chu gots against "Secret Committees"?? ;)

BarryBobPosthole
01-02-2015, 06:25 PM
I'm just saying that what we gots tongue in cheek here is what college football has for reals. Nobody knows what their criteria is for their selections, nobody knows if they have a personal system they use or if they even halfway have paid attention to the teams they vote on. And folks think this is 'better' than the BCS? I guess whatever floats your boat. But this ain't a playoff. This is a closed exhibition football tournament for four teams selected by a committee. If it was a tournament then teams could play their way in. Not so today. That's my beef. This is about as far from a plaoff as you can get.

BKB

Buckrub
01-02-2015, 08:28 PM
So if the criteria is being champion of X number of conferences, what happens if winner of Conference A is 7-5, and Conference B has three teams 11-1, 11-1, and 10-2?

Your way has one undeserving team in and two deserving teams out, it seems. Only by having human judgment involved can you eliminate the potential unfairness of fixed but unfair criteria.

BarryBobPosthole
01-02-2015, 08:37 PM
Name another sport that has a playoff where human judgement is the decider in who gets in.
BKB

Big Muddy
01-02-2015, 08:47 PM
Name another sport that has a playoff where human judgement is the decider in who gets in.
BKB

Bull-fighting....OLE' !!!!! ;)

Buckrub
01-02-2015, 09:45 PM
BKB

Basketball.

FCS football playoffs.

College Baseball.

Volleyball.

College soccer.

Buckrub
01-02-2015, 09:47 PM
You want it to be like the NFL where the NFC East champ is in, but sucks.

Buckrub
01-04-2015, 06:53 PM
Well, in an effort to argue with myself, the sucky team with losing record won, and the 12 win team who had to play first round is losing.

So see, Buckrub? You're wrong!

Chicken Dinner
01-04-2015, 07:13 PM
I'm no Carolina fan, but thy did go 4-0 in December and were the hotter team. As for the Cowpies, they can just suck it.