PDA

View Full Version : Current Events and American Roads

Buckrub
01-09-2015, 10:03 AM
I am unable to present my opinions of either current events, or the status of the American roadway, in this venue.

That is all.

LJ3
01-09-2015, 10:09 AM
I thought about you as I listened to some extreme right wing talking head last night. He was espousing the opinion that the issue wasn't a terrorist problem, it was an Islam problem. I confess my opinion has moved more toward that end but only slightly. I do believe that Muslim countries have to stop enabling these people to operate and the WORLD should consider sanctions against those who do. Still... I know way too many very kind and caring Muslims who are humble and in no way condone the crap these radicals do.

And the US road system is the best in the world. Stop crying!

Chicken Dinner
01-09-2015, 10:10 AM
Je suis Charlie.

Buckrub
01-09-2015, 10:15 AM
I thought about you as I listened to some extreme right wing talking head last night. He was espousing the opinion that the issue wasn't a terrorist problem, it was an Islam problem. I confess my opinion has moved more toward that end but only slightly. I do believe that Muslim countries have to stop enabling these people to operate and the WORLD should consider sanctions against those who do. Still... I know way too many very kind and caring Muslims who are humble and in no way condone the crap these radicals do.

And the US road system is the best in the world. Stop crying!

Your post is rife with assumptions.

LJ3
01-09-2015, 10:48 AM
no it isn't, I really did think about my buddy Bill! :)

Buckrub
01-09-2015, 10:50 AM
No doubt.

BarryBobPosthole
01-09-2015, 11:00 AM
You bring any pot back from Colorado?

BKB

Buckrub
01-09-2015, 11:01 AM
Illegal in Colorado Springs.

Hit some potholes, though.

BarryBobPosthole
01-09-2015, 11:06 AM
Really? I did not know that. A city ordinance or something?

I put a couple thousand highway miles on my truck every year on our highways thanks to our annual fishing trip. I would have to say that road conditions on our interstate highways are going to be an issue soon if something isn't done about it. Of course we'll never agree what it is or when or how much it should be done until some bridge collapses somewhere and kills a gay traveling gospel quartet on its way to a animal rights festival, but it is an issue.

BKB

Buckrub
01-09-2015, 11:12 AM
Yes, it's legal statewide EXCEPT where voted out by local governments. Most/many have voted it out.

As for roads........I........well, as I said, this venue prohibits me from providing my opinion of many issues, including that one.

DeputyDog
01-09-2015, 12:02 PM
I'd have to say that the majority of the roads in Indiana are pretty good. That was accomplished by the former Governor leasing out the Indiana Toll Road to a private company for 75 years for a one time cash payment of 3.5 [B]Billion[B] dollars. That money was spread between the counties that the Toll Road ran through and the state to be used for infrastructure and economic development. It was invested and the interest and only a small part of the principal has been used to pay for road improvements.

LJ3
01-09-2015, 12:54 PM
...until some bridge collapses somewhere and kills a gay traveling gospel quartet on its way to a animal rights festival, but it is an issue.

BKB

Jimmy, no travelling for you and your Thai "buddies" for a while. Stay safe!