PDA

View Full Version : Day'um, talking about the will-to-live !!!.....

Big Muddy
01-09-2015, 11:23 AM
I'm sure Thump could do this....he'd prolly just roll over on his back, and float like a whale. ;)

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/01/09/former-nfl-player-swims-nine-miles-to-shore-after-falling-out-boat/?intcmp=trending

LJ3
01-09-2015, 11:48 AM
Man... that's a good distance to swim! I think most people would surprise themselves that they could do it if they took their time.

Chicken Dinner
01-09-2015, 11:54 AM
And not panic...

Big Skyz
01-09-2015, 02:13 PM
It's not only a long dang ways to swim, but you have to deal with currents, waves, and sharks. It would be quite a feat in an inland lake, on a calm day, let alone in the ocean.

BarryBobPosthole
01-09-2015, 02:28 PM
You have a lot of bouyancy in the ocean so staying afloat isn't a problem. Its fighting currents and waves that would be the toughest. But floating and resting on the surface would be pretty easy. Dehydration and hypothermia would be the biggest threats I could see if you were in the water for nine hours. Consider your core temp is 98.6 and the ocean in that part of the world in winter is probably 78 or so and that's a shit load of calories you're going to burn up just maintaining your core.
Sharks? I wouldn't worry a bit about sharks unless he'd been chumming while fishing or if you had an open wound.
A pretty amazing feat but not all that impossible.

BKB