PDA

View Full Version : Youse dufes would'a gone bonkers!

Thumper
01-10-2015, 08:12 AM
I went to an estate sale yesterday and couldn't help but think of youse dufes. The guy was obviously an outdoors type. It appears he was also a tournament fisherman. A bazillion fishing rods/reels, lures, tackle boxes (some full), you name it, he had it ... looked like a private Bass Pro Shops. He had EIGHT depth finder units (but I don't know squat about them) and some were new in the boxes (looked like prizes won at tournaments). He even had a bazillion Ranger Bass Boat jackets, shirts, etc. Guess he was a big boy, my size even (3X and/or 3XLT) ... but they were embroidered with "David" over the pocket. (Cappy, what size does that Hammerhead kid wear?). Then there were turkey/duck calls, ammo, camo clothing ... name it, he had it.

Weird, I just couldn't get excited about digging through all that stuff and pretty much ignored it. There was too much other stuff that really piqued my interest and I should be able to pull in about $500 profit on the crap I picked up.

Wish you bozos had been there. I'm tight with the guy (and his wife) running the sale and I can pretty much buy anything for a reasonable offer (other than as marked).

Later dufes ... headed out to a couple more sales this morning.

Niner
01-10-2015, 08:45 AM
Details.....detailssssss......post up some pics of the rods/reels.
Any Shimano spinning reels???
How about Rapala lures?? I KNOW Big Sky would be interested in some Rapala minnow lures.