PDA

View Full Version : So the cops don't have a quota to meet????

Niner
01-12-2015, 08:48 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/01/12/nypd-officers-reportedly-told-no-vacations-sick-days-until-summons-slowdown/

NYPD officers reportedly told no vacations, sick days until summons slowdown ends.

NORTHEAST
NYPD officers reportedly told no vacations, sick days until summons slowdown ends
Rank-and-file New York City police officers have been told not to take any vacation or sick days until the number of low-level arrests and summonses return to normal levels, according to a published report.

According to the New York Post, officers in individual precincts are being ordered to hand in "activity sheets" to borough commanders. The sheets describe the number of arrests and summonses made during each officer's shift.

The reported emphasis comes after New York Police Commissioner William Bratton publicly acknowledged Friday that officers in the city had stopped writing tickets and making low-level arrests, though Bratton declined to call it a "slowdown."

"They never stopped working," Bratton said. "911 calls were responded to, arrests continued to be made, crime continued to go down."

Numbers for low-level arrests like fare beating in the subway and public drunkenness had dropped by half and summonses for criminal activity were down more than 90 percent after the Dec. 20 shooting deaths of Officers Rafael Ramos and Wenjian Liu in their patrol car.

Bratton said Friday that he didn't think the decrease was warranted and vowed "We'll work to bring things back to normal."

The night before the commissioner's remarks, the Post reported, all available sector cars in the 105th Precinct, in the borough of Queens, were called to a specific intersection to stage a checkpoint. An officer told the paper that no one was allowed to return to the precinct or take a meal break until two summonses had been written.

"The majority of summonses written aren’t protecting the public in any way," the officer told the Post. "But now they're realizing how much revenue the city is losing and they’re enforcing their will upon us."

Thumper
01-12-2015, 09:39 AM
NYPD officers reportedly told no vacations, sick days .....

Ummmm, so they're not allowed to get sick??? Or is it just "Blue Flu" they're not allowed to "catch"?

Buckrub
01-12-2015, 09:46 AM
They can get sick. They just can't take a sick day, it said.

Or a vacation day.

I was told that a lot when I worked.

Thumper
01-12-2015, 09:59 AM
Somebody should call the cops! I'm sure there's a law against that! ;)

Chicken Dinner
01-12-2015, 10:36 AM
Somehow, I don't see the Commissioner or Mayor winning this one.