PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye, Cruel World

Buckrub
01-14-2015, 01:22 PM
Well, it's time.

Over a year ago, I spilled Coke onto my laptop keyboard. Ugh. Some keys work, some do funky things, some don't work.

So, I got a USB keyboard at Walmart, and it works. But of course, it's cumbersome and unwieldy.

I love this laptop........Len recommended ASUS and I like it fine. Wife has a tablet, I will NEVER go there until technology makes me. Touch screen is fine, but I don't want to run Apps instead of Programs.......and side processes like printing or copying or moving around are way too cumbersome for me. Maybe I'll change but for now, I want my laptop back.

So......when Geek Grandson was here Xmas, we ordered a new keyboard. It has come in, and I have studied a Youtube on how to install it.

And I have my electric drill, ball peen hammer, sledge hammer, long screwdriver, adze, and weedwhacker at hand.

And here I go.

If I never return, I love y'all and I ain't dead....well not physically!

Bye!

Thumper
01-14-2015, 01:29 PM
FYI ... you already SMELL dead!

Good luck ... I don't see this ending well. :D

LJ3
01-14-2015, 01:36 PM
It's pretty easy Bucky, you'll be back in no time!

Buckrub
01-14-2015, 01:52 PM
Voila.

The big brown cow jumped over the 223,099,456,789,123 cubic feet moon and landed on Earth where Capital Letters exist and the backspace key works, and my wrists are not used to this new/old keyboard and I am going to get carpal tunnel today sometime and the Political Landscape in America has changed and I wish it'd warm up now and I was fishing.

Geez. What goober (ME!) wasted a flipping year not doing this?? This was easier than math!

Chicken Dinner
01-14-2015, 01:53 PM
It can't be harder than installing a scope.

Buckrub
01-14-2015, 02:07 PM
Stools are on after-Christmas clearance.