HOOOPTY DOOO

Nice. You'll enjoy it!

Be careful out there!

Cards01
01-16-2015, 10:59 AM
sweet ride

Chicken Dinner
01-16-2015, 11:16 AM
I thought about giving you a hard time about the bow tie on the front of that truck. Then I realized that if I had walked away from the same wreck you did I'd never drive anything else. Congrats on the new ride!

Trav
01-16-2015, 12:04 PM
CD you know that had a lot to do with it. I drove about 8 trucks just about everything but the Nissan Titan. They were all so close the wreck kind of pushed the Chevy over the top. I probably like the Dodge a little more but for some reason the insurance on it was about $150 more per 6 months.

Niner
01-16-2015, 12:08 PM
Man, that IS one nice truck! That dash looks like something out of the space program.
Curious...is that a periscope or what on top of the roof over the drivers's seat???

Sunshine
01-16-2015, 12:37 PM
Nice truck!!!
My Ranger is now paid off and eventually I'll turn it over to hubby for a commute vehicle and I'm going to get another brand new truck. I'm wanting the new FORD 1500 King cab, with doors behind driver seat so it will be easier to get the dogs out of their crates behind me.
I'm going with white color again too. I really like the white, in during hot days, truck stays cool.
Congratulations.

Thumper
01-16-2015, 03:05 PM
Hot days?? You're in frigging Washington State! ;)

DeputyDog
01-16-2015, 04:31 PM
It's all relevant. Don't you cry about the cold when it hits 50?

Buckrub
01-16-2015, 05:29 PM
BAM

Thumper
01-16-2015, 06:34 PM
Doesn't affect me ... but the beach bunnies start wearin' long-sleeved bikinis! :(

BarryBobPosthole
01-16-2015, 07:35 PM
Trav if you turn in at QT on 86th and go likeyou're going to Neighborhood Market, there's some plare glass windows that you can see yourself head on and in profile when you turn right towards MacAlisters.

That truck's a beaut! And I though the 3/4 tons had that 4x4 decal and the Z71s were 5/8's ton. You get a 3/4 ton? You buying a big boat next?

BKB

Trav
01-16-2015, 08:55 PM
Co9 I think that is the OnStar antenna you are talking about. Barry its a half ton all star edition so I guess that is why it has the 4x4 decal. One really cool thing is I can start it or unlock it from my phone which will be great for the days when I am flying home from a business trip. It will be nice and toasty or cool when I get to it.

Thumper
01-16-2015, 09:19 PM
My buddy in Ohio called me cussing his fool head off one day. He told me he was knocking the snow off the top of his cab with a push broom and accidentally broke the cover off that antenna ... said it cost him over $400 to fix it! (just a heads-up to keep in the back of your mind if you ever clear snow from the top!) :D

Nice Hoopty!

Buckrub
01-16-2015, 10:55 PM
Yeah, ain't that cool? I can start mine, check the air in the tires, fuel level, diagnostics.......and other stuff I forget. All from my phone. What they won't think of next.

And I think the 4X4 emblem is just that.....and Z71 has some other meaningless b/s like undercarriage panels or something (for 'off road'). But I honestly am not sure. My buddy's son was dickering for a new GMC a few years ago, a mid level truck.......and he said "Well I'd like a Z71, but....." and the salesman said "No problem. We'll still Z71 stickers on it!!".

Thumper
01-17-2015, 12:00 AM
How's about a lesson from an old dealership type car dude?

Actually, these "Z" designations come directly from the GM order forms and have been around for a bazillion years. Using these codes to name cars all started with the Z28 Camaro back in the day. On the standard salesman's order form, if you wanted to order a Camaro with a "performance package", the salesman would put a little check mark in the box next to the Z28 option. These were officially called RPO's (Regular Production Orders). For example, the old Super Sports were L packages ... an L35 or an L78 would be a big block engine and the 35 or 78 would be the horsepower package (say, L35 would be the 325 HP package, L78 would be 375 HP). When Trans Am racing was real popular, they had a cubic inch limit (305 I believe) and Chevy developed the 302 engine with the nice handling package, etc. The option on the order sheet was Z28. People started referring to these performance 302 powered Camaros as Z28's and the name stuck. GM later started sticking Z28 badges on the cars. Like the older Corvettes ... the 350 cid package was the LT1 and ... say the big block aluminum jobbie was the ZL1. I think the RPO's are something like ZR1 and ZO6 nowadays.

The same thing eventually happened on the truck line (for "some" vehicles). Similar to the performance (Z28) Camaro, the Z71 designation on the RPO simply meant the "off-road package" (whatever it was at the time ... better shocks, skid plate, special wheels, etc). Like the Z28 Camaro, GM started sticking Z71 decals on the trucks. As far as I know, technically, you could probably order a 2WD Z71 (unless 4WD happens to be part of the package, but I doubt it is), but most people automatically expect a Z71 to be 4WD. It's simply an option package.

As Paul Harvey used to say, "Now you know the REST of the story".

You're welcome. ;)