PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Seen John Denver

BarryBobPosthole
01-18-2015, 12:32 AM
Julie and I made the 12 hour drive to Fort Collins, Co today to spend a few days with daughter and SIL. Was a nice trip if you don't count the Kansas part.

Saw more waterfowl flying today than I've ever seen in my life. That was cool.
Back to Oklahoma next Wednesday.
BKB

Sunshine
01-18-2015, 02:36 AM
Glad you guys made a safe trip. Now watch out for those Rocky Mountain Highs. Lol

Buckrub
01-18-2015, 10:47 AM
So, did you load up?

Chicken Dinner
01-18-2015, 10:49 AM
One toke over the line, Sweet Jesus
One toke over the line...

BarryBobPosthole
01-20-2015, 12:36 PM
Visited the dispensary here the first day. It's an interesting experience. Went on a four mile hike in the mountains yesterday just to prove how out shape I am. Was a beautiful day in the upper 50s and we took advantage of it to get outside. Today we're going on a couple of brewery tours. New Belgium is one and we will decide on the other later. Good water here
= brewery on every corner it seems. Home tomorrow!
BKB

HideHunter
01-20-2015, 09:09 PM
So, if they made it legal in your state.. how many would imbibe? I'll go on record saying I would. I grew up in the 60s.. Fortunately/unfortunately I grew up in rural Iowa where Blue Ribbon was king and "Mary Jane" was hippie shit. Probably smoked it 20 times total.. and I liked it. . . and then I got civilized..

Buckrub
01-20-2015, 10:01 PM
Tried it once, but did NOT inhale.

B.C.

Chicken Dinner
01-20-2015, 10:35 PM
I was never one to let legality get in the way of a good time. So, I'm sure I would.

Thumper
01-21-2015, 12:25 AM
Smoked backyard crap in h/s. Got to the "good stuff" in college. Ha ha! Funny now, but it was the bomb back in the day ... Maui Wowie and Acapulco Gold. Then Uncle Sam got hold of me and during training, we were getting our dirt weed out of Saint-Frigging-Louis! It wasn't the best in the world, but it did the job ... IF you washed it down with a few PBR's or Boonsfarm Strawberry Hill! Then a dude came in TDY from Turkey and brought along a frigging duffle bag of Turkish Hashish with him. A few buds and I helped him lighten his load a bit! ;)

THEN I hit S.E. Asia! Being based out of Thailand for 3+ years, I discovered "Thai Stick" ... I don't think a day went by that I didn't get high at some point. Heck, the stuff was free if you wanted to clean it yourself. If you were lazy, you could buy a brick (25 sticks) for $2.50! I had a bong that was hand carved by a villager in Cambodia (gave it to me as a gift). I wish I could have brought it to the states, but didn't want to chance it, so just before I left the country, we cut it open, dug out the residue and the village chief made some kick-ass hash out of it!

Then I got back to the States and the dang price alone was a major deterrent ... plus the fact I had responsibilities. I won't say I never did any once I got back home, but it was a rare treat. Still is. :D

We (Florida) tried to get it legalized this past election but it failed. It was being pushed big-time and financed by a big attorney in Tampa. I understand it's going to be tried again the next election. The attorney says he learns from his mistakes and he won't make the same one's next time. I really hope it passes ... I just hope it'll be legal to grow a little for personal consumption ... 'cause I'm a cheap f...er! 'Course, maybe the VA will give it to me free ... for my back ya' know! :D

I gots ta' admit ... I tried it all back in the day, BUT I draw the line at needles. It seems pretty mild compared to the crap that's out there today. Heck, in "my" day, LSD was the biggie ... did window pane once, that stuff on a blotter once and the ol' sugar cube stuff once. Naaa, wasn't for me. Then I lived in L.A. for 10 years ... back in my "party days". I worked about half the time in Hollywood and the other half in Beverly Hills. Back then (the 80's) you could not go to a Hollywood or BH party where they didn't have a kilo of coke cut out on the coffee table or the bathroom counter top. Tried it all .... you can have it. Even drank like a fish for years ... but have to admit ... if only ONE could be legal and everything else had to be banished from planet earth ... I'd choose pot any day of the week. I'd much rather spend the evening partying with a pothead than a drunk ... no question!

BarryBobPosthole
01-21-2015, 12:50 AM
If it was legal in my state I'd probably be a regular toker. Not as many unhealthy side effects as alcohol at my age. And the way I use it when I do is very much like caffeine, that is not as much of a means to get high but as a mood enhancer. They do it right in Colorado as far as I can tell. I think the biggest issue I can see is stuff like edibles. The candy is awesome but it's very easy to take too much and put yourself to bed. That has to be better packaged as I can see folks getting unintentionally baked and getting behind the wheel. Not cool.
We had our last dinner with the kids tonight and are headed home tomorrow morning. I am a new fan of New Belgium Brewery! Awesome beers. And Captain they are building a brewery in Asheville so you'll have Fat Tire beer soon if you don't already.
BKB

LJ3
01-21-2015, 10:59 AM
So, if they made it legal in your state.. how many would imbibe? I'll go on record saying I would. I grew up in the 60s.. Fortunately/unfortunately I grew up in rural Iowa where Blue Ribbon was king and "Mary Jane" was hippie shit. Probably smoked it 20 times total.. and I liked it. . . and then I got civilized..

Absolutely.

Buckrub
01-21-2015, 11:26 AM
Nah.

HideHunter
01-21-2015, 10:00 PM
Interesting.. haven't met a one of you.. but so far, I would have guessed right. ;)

DeputyDog
01-21-2015, 10:17 PM
I think it must be a generational thing. When I was in HS, (graduated in '87) the only ones who smoked weed were the dirtbags, the ones who were just barely going to make it out of school if they did at all. I wasn't in that group, but we did drink like fish.

Now my older sister, who graduated in '79, is another story.

LJ3
01-22-2015, 12:26 PM
I graduated in '80. There were more students that smoked than refrained. Very ingrained in to the young culture.

Chicken Dinner
01-22-2015, 12:48 PM
'81 here. Pretty much everyone across all strata at some level.

BarryBobPosthole
01-22-2015, 12:51 PM
Graduated hs in 72 in a pretty small town. We're behind the curve here in Oklahoma so it wasn't too awfully wide spread. I'd say around 10% smoked it regularly, and probably at least 30-40% of kids my age had tried it or been closely exposed to it.
Its definitely a gateway drug. I've been smoking it for 44 years and I'm hooked on all sorts of drugs now. Right.

For a society that thinks its okay to take a pill to get a hard on and take another pill to take a shit regularly, we seem to have a lot of to say about people smoking something to feel good. Of course, we seem to also be eager to find any fucked up reason we can for society's ills other than bearing any responsibility ourselves. Maybe there's a pill for at too.

BKB

LJ3
01-22-2015, 01:18 PM
Pretty sure that's a commonly prescribed medication. Liberalicillin or something like that :)

Chicken Dinner
01-22-2015, 02:04 PM
I don't know about that Len. It seems like Conservatosin gets more folks worked up over somebody else having a good time.

BarryBobPosthole
01-22-2015, 02:09 PM
You mean there's a vaccine now for dicktheria?

BKB