PDA

View Full Version : Book Recommendation.......

Niner
01-21-2015, 09:27 PM
I don't read a lot of books. Most of my reading is periodicals, and such...and the books I do read are mostly stuff related to something I am working on. Reloading manuals, How-To books on home repair stuff...etc...etc.

However, I just finished reading (actually listening to) a book that I can highly recommend. I listened to the audio version of the book. The book is Killing Jesus, by Martin Dugard and Bill O'Reilly.

I listened to it just about non-stop over the last week (didn't listen any over the long weeekend). At any rate, I found it to be extremely interesting and learned quite a few things that I did not know.

This book was so well done that I am planning to listen to the other audio books in their "Killing" series.

Another book that I recently listened to was UnPHILtered by Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty fame. This was not a bad book, but not nearly as good as the "Killing" book.

Chicken Dinner
01-21-2015, 09:48 PM
I've read "killing Lincoln" and would definitely recommend it.

BaseballCoach (Rev A)
01-21-2015, 10:02 PM
I read Killing Lincoln about two weeks ago and really liked it. When I get a spare minute, I sure I will download more of that series.

DeputyDog
01-21-2015, 10:20 PM
I've read "Killing Lincoln" and liked it. Someone here recommended "Killing Patton" a while back.

Bwana
01-21-2015, 11:58 PM
I've read it too Niner & like you I was impressed and learned a lot as well.

BarryBobPosthole
01-22-2015, 07:16 AM
Killing Patton was the only one I've read from that series and it was pretty good. Full of a lot of interesting facts.

BKB

Captain
01-22-2015, 07:37 AM
I've read the Lincoln, Jesus and Patton "Killing" books. Like them all with Lincoln at the top. Still want to get the Kennedy book.... I would recommend them to anyone.

Fido
01-22-2015, 09:27 AM
I have and read them all. Whats interesting in all the killing books is information that has not been told too the public till now!!!!! There are three more Killing books too come out in publication but who they deal with was not mentioned on Oreily's show.

Big Skyz
01-22-2015, 10:58 AM
I haven't read Killing Jesus yet, but it's on my to-read list. I have read Killing Kennedy and Killing Lincoln, both were very good.

LJ3
01-22-2015, 12:20 PM
I've read Lincoln and listened to killing Jesus. Both great books. I felt pretty dang informed when listening to killing Jesus. I knew almost all the information! That NEVER happens :) I really like the format of the books. It's simple, built on a real timeline, tells a story and teaches you a thing or two along the way. One thing I like about the style is it's very easy to know when something is fact or opinion.