PDA

View Full Version : Blacks NASCAR and Letterman

jb
01-26-2015, 08:07 PM
DAVID LETTERMAN MAY BE IN TROUBLE WITH NASCAR!!!!

Now, THIS is funny.

David Letterman may not get any flak from NASCAR, but I'll bet he does get
some 'flak' from the NAACP, and others such as Al Sharpton and the Rev.
Jackson will absolutely go nuts !!!

David Letterman's Top 10 reasons why there are no black NASCAR drivers:

# 10 - Have to sit upright while driving.

# 9 - Pistol won't stay under front seat.

# 8 - Engine noise drowns out the rap music.

# 7 - Pit crew can't work on car while holding up pants at the same time.

# 6 - They keep trying to carjack Dale Earnhardt Jr.

# 5 - Police cars on track interfere with race.

# 4 - No passenger seat for the Ho.

# 3 - No Cadillacs approved for competition.

# 2 - When they crash their cars, they bail out & run.

AND THE NUMBER ONE REASON WHY BLACKS CAN'T BE IN NASCAR...

# 1 - They Can't wear their helmets sideways.

Arty
01-26-2015, 08:18 PM
Snopes says this is false (from 2005).
But this is still funny !!! :)

Thumper
01-26-2015, 10:10 PM
Actually it's "TRUE" ... it just wasn't one of Letterman's "Top Ten". ;)

Niner
01-27-2015, 06:48 AM
:like

Fido
01-27-2015, 08:16 AM
Old Dave forgot one major reason, NASCAR doesn't use a BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BarryBobPosthole
01-27-2015, 08:18 AM
They used to have balls, Fido! Just not any more since they became a 'family' sport.

BKB

Captain
01-27-2015, 09:00 AM
They used to have balls, Fido! Just not any more since they became a 'family' sport. BKB

A truer statement has never been made.

Fido
01-27-2015, 11:02 AM
Have you two no shame!! I've attended quite a few dirt track races since I' moved down toooo southern Ohio and you can believe that it's not tooo difficult too get a sip of fine corn squeezins at just about all the tracks, especially in the fall when the nights are on the cool side. That and the girls down here really go for the racing scene!

Thumper
01-27-2015, 11:27 AM
Ha ha! I remember as a kid growing up and practically "living" at the various race tracks in the area, when I'd see "controversy" on the track, I'd head over to whomever's pit stall I thought would be the "score settlement" area and wait for the fireworks after the race! It was some major excitement for a kid my age. Back then, the drivers threw punches ... now they just throw their helmets ... and sometimes get fined for THAT! ;)

I have to admit ... civility is better than a frigging brawl ... but they sure were fun to watch! :D

The funny thing is ... about 25 years ago, I started going to an annual reunion of the old drivers. The reunions are pretty much a thing of the past now as many have passed away during those years and the one's who are still kicking are in their late 80's or 90's now. It was a blast to sit with those old-timers over a BBQ sammich and a Coke and recall those old rivalries and battles. It was a real hoot and always a good laugh. I remember as a kid, there were the ass-holes and the good guys ... when they're old, they're just happy to have survived and end up walking around arm in arm.

The reunion was named after my dad's old best friend who passed away years ago ... and his son (who was my age) always sponsored it with the cooperation of the Orlando International Raceway and the car dealership where he and his dad worked practically all their lives. Problem is, the son passed away a few years ago and someone else (my cousin) tried to pick up the pieces and continue the tradition. Some of the drivers still had their old race cars stashed away in a barn or garage and would drag 'em out for friendly exhibition races. It was cool to see all those '55-'57 Fords and Chevies back at it after all these years (even some of the old "Sportsman Class" cars would get dragged out) and it was a huge hit with the fans as well as a money-maker for the track. Some of those old codgers would get back into their "groove" and actually start scraping paint again, then they'd come back to the tent and, like old times, start calling each other out, threatening to kick each other's asses! (all in fun of course)

I'd been watching some of those guys race since I was 6-8 years old! It's an era that's now just "ancient" history. :(

Buckrub
01-27-2015, 12:09 PM
Have you two no shame!! I've attended quite a few dirt track races since I' moved down toooo southern Ohio and you can believe that it's not tooo difficult too get a sip of fine corn squeezins at just about all the tracks, especially in the fall when the nights are on the cool side. That and the girls down here really go for the racing scene!

Maybe I've sold this racing thing too short, huh????