PDA

View Full Version : Question for Guitar players or musicians.. or hell, anyone

LJ3
01-26-2015, 11:28 PM
So, I've played guitar off and on since I was 18. In the last 4 or 5 years I hadn't picked one up for more than 3 minutes and not really done anything with it to speak of.

Since we've moved in to the house I got my electric stuff all setup again. I figured I may jam to the stereo or something every once in a while. Turns out I gave my Strat an overhaul, cleaned her up, put new strings on her. Got a couple rheostats on my Fender Stage amp and next thing I know I'm playing every day. Tonight I actually taught myself a song I never even tried because I "knew" it was completely out of reach for me. Never even tried it because I didn't even know where to start.

Turns out I figured that bitch out and jammed the whole thing in less than an hour. Zeppelin's Nobody's Fault But Mine, off their Presence album.

My question is do any of youse musicians ever lay off playing anything for so long? I honestly thought I was done with it all and was considering selling off most of my guitars (never the Strat, though)

Buckrub
01-26-2015, 11:31 PM
Yes.

48 years.

LJ3
01-30-2015, 10:33 AM
Nevermind... After having figured out all the chord progressions and changes, that song's pretty easy :) I shoulda tried a long time ago.