PDA

View Full Version : Techy keyboard help, Len, Foo, Egg, someone

Buckrub
01-28-2015, 10:42 AM
Remember when I got a new keyboard a few weeks ago? It was highly simple to install.

BUT, since I put this in, this keyboard is SLLLLOOWWWWWW. And I type fast enough that it just misses keys, especially the space key. I look up, and I have a ton of misspelled words and runtogethers. If I capitalize one letter, the caps function is so slow to turn off that the next 3 characters are caps too!! And worse, when I see the errors, and backspace.......the backspace takes about 3 seconds to 'kick on' and then and only then backs up, which ends up who knows where.

This is, or was, a GOOD fast PC. And it's paid for. So don't tell me to buy an Apple. Not gonna buy nothin'.

I have the keyboard function in Control Panel set to highest speed. Don't know where else to turn.

I am having to type almost like 'hunt and peck' to get it to come out right. It buffers the words and then blurts them out onto the screen.

Is this possibly the fault of this keyboard? I guess I could get the old usb keyboard out and see if it does same.....

help????

LJ3
01-28-2015, 11:03 AM
Yeah, try to usb keyboard and see if the problem follows. I doubt it will. Reinstall the new keyboard and make sure all connections are solid. If it is still happening, RMA that keyboard, she's defective.

Thumper
01-28-2015, 11:05 AM
I have a hunch I know what your problem may be. When you installed the new keyboard, did you use a 20 oz. claw hammer? Or a 4 oz. ball peen? ;)

Buckrub
01-28-2015, 11:21 AM
Neither. I told you then. Do you not remember?

8 oz tack hammer, medium flat screwdriver, small adze, and a sickle.

Seriously, I don't know where to go now. This came from China. Ordered from Ebay! Used to be, Chinese junk came to a US distributor and they sent it to you from US location. Now, China just openly ships directly. No shipping charges, they eat them. Plus, EVERYTHING like this is made in China.

So, tell me where to get an ASUS X73S compatible keyboard?????????????????????

Buckrub
01-28-2015, 11:39 AM
Test test the big brown cow ran over the big moon and jumped up on Thumpers back and bit his neck and died instantly.

Hmmmmm.

Odd.

'Splain this, Lenster.

I tried the USB keyboard. It worked perfectly. So I killed power, took out battery, unplugged all usb stuff, and took keyboard out. I very carefully insured it went back in with all tabs lined up, and that the power strip was perfectly inserted and locked.

SO now it seems to work. Well, and I don't mean this bragging just for technical reasons, no keyboard has ever really kept up with my typing.........and I can't stand misspelling a word so I am constantly backspacing and fixing.........and so this one is not really as fast as I am, but the problems I mentioned above appear to be mostly gone. Mostly.

So what happened??????

Thumper
01-28-2015, 11:59 AM
Initial installation error obviously.

'Course, I suppose, technically, removal and re-installation was basically a major re-boot. ;)

LJ3
01-28-2015, 12:08 PM
Could be anything bucky. Dust on one of the contacts, something didn't seat all the way, etc

You're welcome :)

Buckrub
01-28-2015, 12:46 PM
OK thanks. That was easy enough. It was driving me nuts.

BarryBobPosthole
01-28-2015, 07:13 PM
The Clearance Code for that would be 4501- Came clear while testing.

You're welcome.

BKB

Thumper
01-28-2015, 07:33 PM
I thought you were retired. ;)