PDA

View Full Version : Burnt

BarryBobPosthole
01-28-2015, 06:47 PM
I finally got all of my leaves picked up yesterday, four truckloads squashed into the back of my truck and it took all damn day. It was a beautiful day, no wind, mid 70's, and bluebird skies. I got sunburnt. Today Birddog and I went fishing. It was 79 when I got home a bit ago, the wind was blowing 1987.99 mph, and I added more sunburn and windburn to yesterday's. I also got fishburned as fishing was typical January slow and only managed 14. In addition, I got burned from the back wash putting the burn on Keith as I think he may have caught a few in the front of the boat enjoyinghmself while I tried to keep the boat adjusted so he could fish. Only fifteen crazy ivans today. One hand on my cap, one hand on the trolling motor, and one hand on my fishing rod. And one hand to scratch my enormous balls.

The boat leaked but thanks to good old Waterweld we got it stopped up enough to stay afloat. I've never owned a jon boat that didn't leak. Waterweld is the best shit ever invented.

But it was nice to get outside for an entire day. Especially on a day when everyone else was working, and paying for my obamaphone.

BKB

Buckrub
01-28-2015, 06:49 PM
Geez. You wouldn't even know the number of the danged thing, or which button to push to answer it.

Thumper
01-28-2015, 06:59 PM
Yep, I got fried in the Keys also. I even broke down and stopped in some little touristy shop and bought myself a $5 ball cap with "Key West" on the front of it. Unlike someone I know, I only wear a ball cap once every 5 years or so ... maybe for a day, if that. Never have been a ball cap kinda guy.

BarryBobPosthole
01-28-2015, 07:10 PM
I don't wear a ball cap near as often as I used to. In the sun is one of those. I've been threatening to get one of those with the big huge bill and the neck protection but I don't want to look like a Lawrence of Arabia. Besides, that's what hair is for.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
01-28-2015, 07:28 PM
That's the kind of retirement story I really enjoy reading. Gives me hope...

LW
01-28-2015, 07:38 PM
Posthole, I'm glad you were referring to a sunburn. I was afraid you were referring to the big fire up towards owasso today, was listening to channel 8 while at the Oklahoma Surgical Hospital getting the boy his MRI. Sounded like a hell of a mess up there.

BarryBobPosthole
01-28-2015, 07:54 PM
Yep heard about it but didn't smell it or see it where I live. Red Flag warnings all over the place today.

BKB

Thumper
01-28-2015, 08:02 PM
My buddy from Ohio was down here one year and we ran over to Daytona to watch qualifying for the Daytona 500. We met some folks in the stands who were from West Virginia. Along the Ohio River, the W. Va. folks and the Ohio folks have sort of a "feud" going on, each always cutting the other's state down. Anyway, he asked those W. Va. folks if they'd heard about the HUGE fire up their way. They got all concerned and asked him what the deal was. He told them there was a huge wildfire in West Virginia that got totally out of control and completely burned 90% of the state! He continued and told them initial reports stated there was an estimated $137.00 in damage! The couple looked really concerned before they realized they'd been snookered. ;)

Another time we were hunting with a group of West Virginia boys who came over to hunt the Ohio side of the river. They were complaining about the wind and my buddy says the wind ALWAYS blows in Ohio because West Virginia sucks! :D

HideHunter
01-28-2015, 09:19 PM
I don't wear a ball cap near as often as I used to. In the sun is one of those. I've been threatening to get one of those with the big huge bill and the neck protection but I don't want to look like a Lawrence of Arabia. Besides, that's what hair is for.

BKB

I bought one of those with the hangy-down thing last year Barry. You never see them up her but we were in Florida and they had several to choose from. I bought one of Columbia's. It wasn't quite as obnoxious as most but cashy. I had a ten dollar coupon and the damned thing still cost $18. Now, here's the kicker.. I didn't buy it to keep the sun off my red neck.. Works great on them devil-spawned buffalo gnats. ;)