PDA

View Full Version : You're slipping Delco!

Thumper
01-28-2015, 07:47 PM
You kept cutting the life expectancy of your batteries, but you went a little too far and need to back off a tad or you'll start losing money!

Last month, the battery took a shit in my mom's Caddie, so I went over to take care of it. I thought I'd replaced it fairly recently, so I dug the paperwork out of her glove box. Dang! I'm in luck ... the Delco battery I installed the last time her old Delco battery took a dump was 35-months old. It had a 36-month "free replacement" warranty and was to be pro-rated after that. Bingo ... normally it would have lasted at least 37-months the way my luck normally runs, so I got lucky.

Today, I went out to start my truck and it barely turned over. If it had taken a nano-second longer to start, it wouldn't have made it. Damn! I thought I'd just "recently" replaced that battery (also replaced a Delco with a new Delco). I pulled my file and found the receipt. Cool! I replaced it in April of 2012, so it's only 33-months old and also has the 36-mo. "free replacement" before the pro-rate! I took it down and got another Delco installed gratis.

Heads up Delco ... you shaved 'em a little too close and blew it! Ya' better add a hair more material to those plates or Obama may have to bail you out before long! :D