PDA

View Full Version : MS gunowners are pissed!!!!!

Big Muddy
01-30-2015, 09:36 AM
"""For Only $145 Get a List of Mississippi Homes with Guns"""

I can not believe our DOW just started doing this sheeit....is this being done in any of you guys states???

http://www.mississippigunnews.com/for-only-145-get-a-list-of-mississippi-homes-with-guns/

https://www.ms.gov/mdwfp/public_record/

Buckrub
01-30-2015, 05:39 PM
Dunno. I heard they are selling our CCW license list info here.

BarryBobPosthole
01-30-2015, 06:49 PM
How do they get it?

BKB

Buckrub
01-30-2015, 06:56 PM
FOI request.

BarryBobPosthole
01-30-2015, 08:27 PM
That's some crazy shit right there.

BKB

Arty
01-30-2015, 09:43 PM
Bush's fault

Big Skyz
01-30-2015, 10:56 PM
...and people wonder why I'm not a fan of most DOW entities.

Big Muddy
01-31-2015, 09:33 AM
Sky, I'm beginning to get that same opinion....it appears that DOW's will do just about anything to stuff their coffers....even at the expense of the very people(sportsmen) who pay their salaries.
They are starting to get a back-stabbing reputation.

Also, these young-gun DOW wardens, who are recent graduates, have no people-skills, whatsoever.
The ones I have met in the past few years are arrogant and egotistical....evidently, their academy classes do not include, dealing with people, respectfully.

I suppose that is because our wardens have more power than any other LEO....down here, they can search anything and anywhere, without a search warrant....more powerful than police dept., sheriff's dept., or even state troopers.

Buckrub
01-31-2015, 11:33 AM
They could here too.........until a recent court decision that says that they have to follow the same Fourth Amendment and "probable cause" issues before stopping someone for anything.........it has the whole state in an uproar. AGFC says they can do anything, and court says they can't, and some in AGFC are saying they're going to stop 'doing their job' and some are saying 'nothing has changed', and no one knows where this is headed.

They also get 1/8 cent of all state sales taxes, in addition to license fees, so ours is full of cash. They got in trouble 2 years ago because they have 1.6 personal vehicles PER EMPLOYEE. I can take you to one of their compounds on Lake Conway where they have hundreds and hundreds of new Dodge pickups sitting like a new car dealer, covered in dust. Just waiting till someone has 10,000 miles or so on theirs, then they get a new one. Office employees have a car, freedom to go anywhere even on vacation. Friend of mine is their IT Director.

And pardon my ignorance......clearly I know what you're talking about........and the D and the O, I get. But I don't know what DOW actually stands for. Department of Wardens?? :)

Big Muddy
01-31-2015, 12:06 PM
DOW=Dept. of Wildlife....some states, like ours, has a lengthy name, i.e., "Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks", but most sportsmen throughout the nation know what your talking about, when you just type "DOW."

Buckrub
01-31-2015, 12:29 PM
Yeah. Arkansas is always different. I always heard "DNR" for other states. But here, they are technically not a cabinet level "Department" of the State. They exist via Amendment 35 to the State Constitution, as a separate entity, not to be governed by the Governor. Governor appoints the 7 Commissioners, that's it. Legislature approves their budget, but the appropriation funding that budget comes from them, not state funds..........except for their 1/8 cent sales tax, that is mandated to go to them by law.

Thus, they've always thought they were exempt from FOI, or any other regulation. Recent findings say no........so they're ticked.

It's a mess.

DeputyDog
01-31-2015, 01:26 PM
It's DNR here. (Department of Natural Resources). They have several branches, Fish and Wildlife, State Parks, Law Enforcement, etc..

Big Muddy
01-31-2015, 02:10 PM
Colorado is DNR, too, so when I'm talking to friends out there, I always refer to it, as DNR....most other times, I usually refer to DOW.

Thumper
01-31-2015, 03:59 PM
They go by FWC down here ... shortened down for Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission.

HideHunter
01-31-2015, 09:09 PM
Talking to a friend of mine who retired from the USFWS, and later the IA DNR, after 38 years. He told me when he interviewed for his job (aprox. 1955), one of the questions was - did he hunt/fish? Every employee of the FWS at that time was *required* to have a fishing/hunting license. When he retired - less than 40% of federally FWS employees actually hunted or fished. I'm sure it's probably less now. Not hard to see the trend.