PDA

View Full Version : What's in the menu for the big game?

Chicken Dinner
02-01-2015, 11:24 AM
We're keeping it pretty low key this year. I just put a batch of chile verde in the crock pot and will make up a batch of jalepeno corn bread at meal time.

Big Muddy
02-01-2015, 11:47 AM
I put a butt on the smoker at 9 pm, last night....took it off at 9 am, this morning....wifey doing her famous baked beans, coleslaw, and cherry pie with ice cream.

Before I can start pigging out, today, I gotta cut up the doe, that I got yesterday afternoon....needed one more for making sausage, and yesterday was the final day of our season.

DeputyDog
02-01-2015, 11:58 AM
Not doing much. Was supposed to work today and with the big snow storm, didn't know when I'd get home, so didn't plan much. Then I went outside and started my truck, went back in for a cup of coffee before I left home and found the only patch of ice in the driveway under about 3 inches of snow that we'd gotten overnight. Of course I went down with my one knee folded up the wrong way underneath me and ended up in the ER. Nothing broke, but will check in a couple of days for ligament damage.

Nice part is I get a couple extra days off when the weather is going to be nasty. They are calling for at least 10 inches by the time the snow stops tomorrow morning. The bad part, since I have a 4 wheel drive, I had to give it up to one of the guys with a regular patrol car.

Chicken Dinner
02-01-2015, 12:46 PM
Damn, some guys will do anything to get a day off!:D

BarryBobPosthole
02-01-2015, 12:50 PM
I don't think I'll watch it. Probably catch a western on TV if I can find one. Pro football has done screwed the pooch with me for a little while I'm afraid. Hopefully I'll be primed for it by next year's FFL draft.

BKB

Thumper
02-01-2015, 01:41 PM
What game???? ;)

Bwana
02-01-2015, 03:30 PM
Pig dip with a twist.

Chicken Dinner
02-01-2015, 04:35 PM
Now that piques my curiosity. What sort of twist?

Buckrub
02-01-2015, 04:35 PM
Leftovers. And of course I'll watch. Surely there's SOME way both these jerknuts can lose!!!!

Arty
02-01-2015, 05:38 PM
Pig dip with homemade sausage, artichoke dip with enough garlic in it to kill a vampire, buffalo chicken dip, salami/cream cheese/ scallion wraps, and a fresh keg of brew that I picked up yesterday for the kegerator.

I'm watching for the commercials this year. I hope both teams end up with a terrible case of athletes foot.

Buckrub
02-01-2015, 05:43 PM
Pig dip with homemade sausage, artichoke dip with enough garlic in it to kill a vampire, buffalo chicken dip, salami/cream cheese/ scallion wraps, and a fresh keg of brew that I picked up yesterday for the kegerator.

I'm watching for the commercials this year. I hope both teams end up with a terrible case of athletes foot.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

LW
02-01-2015, 06:15 PM
I am making award winning chili tonight. Actual award winning chili. I had a citizen come up to me after my engine crew went pretty much above and beyond helping them out of a bind and she gave me a copy of a coveted top secret chili recipe that is in her family. And she showed me the pedigree that goes with it. This stuff has won big contests from one coast to the other for the past 30 years. She swore me to secrecy and didnt even want me to give it to the guys at the station but told me I could cook it for them. We shall see how it stacks up against my "chainsaw chili".
The superbowl is kind of like 2 gay guys fighting. It dont really care who wins.

Big Skyz
02-01-2015, 08:30 PM
I don't care about the game this year, but after seeing what Big Muddy has planned I wish he would adopt me!

Buckrub
02-01-2015, 09:04 PM
I am making award winning chili tonight. Actual award winning chili. I had a citizen come up to me after my engine crew went pretty much above and beyond helping them out of a bind and she gave me a copy of a coveted top secret chili recipe that is in her family. And she showed me the pedigree that goes with it. This stuff has won big contests from one coast to the other for the past 30 years. She swore me to secrecy and didnt even want me to give it to the guys at the station but told me I could cook it for them. We shall see how it stacks up against my "chainsaw chili".
The superbowl is kind of like 2 gay guys fighting. It dont really care who wins.

Please tell the World that this has no beans. CAN'T have beans.

Please.

LW
02-01-2015, 09:32 PM
Clearly chili MUST have beans. Geeze

LW
02-01-2015, 09:36 PM
Next thing you will have a "hook'em horns" bumper sticker.

Big Muddy
02-01-2015, 10:08 PM
Chili has GOT to give you those big bean farts, or it just ain't chili !!!! ;)

Buckrub
02-01-2015, 11:17 PM
You people are crazy as an outhouse rat.

You put beans in an official Chili Cookoff, and they'll disqualify you instantly.

See Rule 1.

http://www.chilicookoff.com/event/event_Rules.asp

You can put whatever you want into it. It may even be GOOD. But if it has beans, it's not OFFICIALLY chili. I don't care what you eat. Not arguing what is good and not good, although I hate beans in chili. Just telling you the official rules.

Carry on, however you please.

Thumper
02-01-2015, 11:35 PM
If I'm just havin' a bowl of chili ... I like beans (and maybe even cornbread if it's juicy). If I'm havin' chili-dogs or dippin' it with chips ... I go the no beans route. To each his own.

LW
02-01-2015, 11:40 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/01/world-chili-cook-off-beans_n_1928450.html

Beans are in.

Big Muddy
02-01-2015, 11:48 PM
Hahaha.....I sure do love "UN-official rules" chili. ;)

Buckrub
02-02-2015, 10:05 AM
I do too.

But, it ain't chili. It's bean soup!

(HEY! IF I can be chastised for calling a danged revolver a pistol, I can tell y'all the correct way to label chili, for gosh sakes!) :)

BarryBobPosthole
02-02-2015, 10:14 AM
I'll fess up and say I NEVER put beans in my chili until I married this Missouri ridge runnergal who even got me to eating pork steaks too. So I only put beans in mine now for the love of a good woman. And that's reason enough.

But people put all sorts of shit in chili. Whatever is to their liking I say. But the basic chili, is just chili. You can add rabbit turds if it makes you happy.

BKB

Buckrub
02-02-2015, 10:21 AM
It's getting EXCEEDINGLY hard to continue being the humorous Contrarian around here.

I guess I'll just be literal and nice from now on...........

LJ3
02-02-2015, 10:22 AM
I did old bay grilled wings, my chili (which would put all of yours to bed with supper), deviled eggs with bacon and green onions, pig dip, home made guac and salsa, home made chocolate chip cookies and brownies.... Oh and I had a bloody mary big enough for a midget to swim laps in.

Thumper
02-02-2015, 11:06 AM
What a bunch'a apron wearin' pansies! LYNN made some great homemade dip with tortilla chips as a pre-game starter, then followed with some kick-ass tacos with all the fixin's for me to eat during the game. Even brought it all to me and set it up on the coffee table so I didn't have to get off the couch. :D