PDA

View Full Version : Congradulations Patriots

Sunshine
02-01-2015, 11:07 PM
:(

Captain
02-01-2015, 11:10 PM
I am one happy boy.....
Not that I pull for the Patriots, it's just I cannot STAND that arrogant coach of the Seahawks.
And we all saw what kinda sportsmanship Seattle had on the last couple of plays.

Buckrub
02-01-2015, 11:13 PM
Amen.

I HOPE it was Pete who called that last stupid play. What a moron! Maybe the most moronic call in the history of football.

Couldn't have happened to a better Yuppie jerk.

Big Muddy
02-01-2015, 11:31 PM
Just in case ya'll missed it.....Malcomb Butler from Vicksburg, Mississippi made that game-winning interception for the Pats.

If I was the Seahawk's owner, the dumbazz who called that pass play, instead of giving the ball to Marshawn Lynch, would be fired, before the team left the field.

Captain
02-01-2015, 11:49 PM
I was just glad to see the son of a bitch choke on the chewing gun and spit it out before the interview!

Thumper
02-01-2015, 11:49 PM
Ok, I'll admit, I watched the game. I'll many times (IF I have nothing better to do), watch the Super Bowl and maybe even SOME of the NBA play-off games, but there's no way on God's green earth I could ever watch the World Series ... baseball bores me to tears! Now I'll admit, I was a pretty decent ball player in Jr. H/S!. My coaches BEGGED me to try out for the football team every year, but I wanted no part of it. I had too much to do after school to dedicate my life to practice sessions. I was 6'2" tall and 175-180 lbs. in Jr. H/S and the basketball coach also begged me to join the BB team. I played those games during Gym class and they took note ... I simply didn't care to get serious about a stupid game and declined. In H/S, I was too busy with fast cars and even faster wimmins to even consider such a bonehead move as playing ball ... I was havin' too much fun and didn't even NEED to be a ball player to date the cheerleaders! ;)

BUT ... tonight ... even with my basic knowledge of the game, I could not believe my eyes when I saw Seattle go to the air at the goal! If he'd have made a TD, I still would have thought it was a bonehead move. I guess he got cocky and over-confident there at the end, who knows? Well, that's my VERY amateurish, give-a-shit opinion anyway. Could'a been a REAL good game if it weren't for that dumb-ass play and even more dumb-assery that followed. I was actually pulling for Seattle, only because my dad lived there about 15 years and I visited many times ... even came this -- close to buying property and building a house up there (Snoqualmie). I still can't get over that b/s at the end. Now get ready to move from Deflategate to accusations of some high-roller payin' off the Seattle coach to throw the game! Ha! ;)

Thumper
02-01-2015, 11:52 PM
Eddie, I heard the announcers comment on Butler playing in Vicksburg ... I assume that was high school ball? What school did he attend, do you know? I don't even know how many high schools they have there now, but I attended H.V. Cooper ... GO GREENIES! (Greenies!! I always thought that sounded so gay!) ;)

Edit: Nevermind ... I Googled it and it said he attended Vicksburg High School. Never heard of it ... maybe it's new (since '67-'68) ... or maybe my memory of those days are vague and I simply don't remember another h/s in town. Since I wasn't a ball fan, I didn't pay much attention to any other schools and could'a cared less about any rivalries if there were any. ;)

Edit #2: Ha! Got curious and looked it up. Cooper is listed as one of Vicksburg's "former" high schools. I guess that means I'm officially old ... that school seemed pretty new to me, but it was built in 1958. :(

Chicken Dinner
02-02-2015, 12:11 AM
Meme of the night.

Captain
02-02-2015, 12:22 AM
Bam....

Captain
02-02-2015, 12:33 AM

Big Muddy
02-02-2015, 12:43 AM
Thump, there's been a ton of school consolidation down here, since you lived in V'burg back in the '60's, so V'burg H.S. may not have been formed at that time....V'burg H.S. and Warren Central H.S. are the two largest high schools there, now.

And, Malcolm Butler played college football at Hinds Community College in Raymond, MS, then at Div. II, Univ.of West Alabama in Livingston, Ala.

Thumper
02-02-2015, 12:47 AM
Ha ... yeah, I saw that also Edward ... here's where I got the h/s info. Sounds like he wasn't really a choirboy in school. (I also edited my above post ... Cooper no longer exists)

Butler got a late start with football while growing up in Vicksburg, Miss. He only played for two seasons at Vicksburg High School, during his freshman and senior seasons, and when he graduated the only opportunity he had — in part because of his grades — was at Hinds Community College.

But in one fell swoop his football career almost came to crashing halt. After five games during his 2009 freshman season, Butler was kicked out of school. (Though he wouldn’t confirm the reason, the only arrest on his record shows a charge for possession of drug paraphernalia.)

Big Muddy
02-02-2015, 12:57 AM
Cap, I couldn't find a pic of P. Carroll's eyeballs, when that interception occurred, but I imagine they looked something like this:

Niner
02-02-2015, 07:33 AM
We watched the game. The ONLY pro game we watch during the year....mainly for the commercials, which left a lot to be desired this year. The only one that I can remember off of the top of my head was the Doritos "When Pigs Fly" commercial.

I was kindofsortof pulling for Seattle. Mainly because they were not the Patriots. I'll have to say that Seattle QB has a heck of an arm on him and his long distance receiving players are really good at catching his passes.

It was, as the announcers said early in the game, a very close scoring game. At one point fairly early on they said that every Superbowl the Pats had been in was either won or lost by (I THINK they said) no more than 4 points.

Now a word about the Half Time Show. WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!! First off, I have NO idea who the heck those "entertainers" were, and secondly I could not understand a single word they were singing. Were they even speaking English? Pretty good fireworks display though. Too bad they didn't have any Wardrobe Malfunctions.....might have made it less of a waste of time.

Captain
02-02-2015, 07:35 AM

Captain
02-02-2015, 07:44 AM
If halftime shows keep going the way they are in 10 years they will just fly over the stadium and drop chicken shit on the crowd....

Thumper
02-02-2015, 08:15 AM
I have to agree with 9'er ... I usually watch the Super Bowl looking forward to the commercials and the entertainment ... it's like an annual tradition isn't it? I can't even remember the last time they impressed me and it seems half-time is becoming no different than regular television ... simply time to take a potty break, grab some more chips/dip and a cold beer. I can remember a time you did all that DURING the game so you wouldn't miss half-time.

Of course, I've always wondered (in years past) ... if advertising companies can come up with big "winners" for the Super Bowl ... shouldn't they be doing that year-round? Isn't that their job? I never got that ... are they just half-assed during the year and only make an effort to actually do their job ONCE per year? 'Course lately, it seems they can't even do THAT.

As for half-time entertainment ... maybe I'm just getting old. I've heard the name Katy Perry ... just have no clue who she is ... and after listening to whatever it was she sang, I don't think I'm missing anything. I mark that up to age and the generation gap, but I didn't see anything last night that impressed me. Heck, I'm not so sure even a "wardrobe malfunction" would have done it. Dang! I hope I haven't inherited some of Bucky's curmudgeoness just by hanging around this joint for so many years! :hair

Captain
02-02-2015, 09:18 AM
Lewis Blacks take on halftime shows.

Careful.... Strong language.

http://youtu.be/arzWW3y7g20

Why does he remind me of LJ??? 😳

Thumper
02-02-2015, 09:37 AM
Ha ha! I'm assuming there's some sort of rotation and it won't play for everyone, but mine started out with a Budweiser ad that basically said Budweiser is for TRUE beer drinkers, not some pansy-assed micro-brew Yuppie type beer drinker ... THEN the potty-mouth came on and I thought, "Oh! THIS is the subject of this post!" :D

Big Skyz
02-02-2015, 09:54 AM
I'm not a fan of either team so I could care less who won. However, that play by the Seahawks has to be the dumbest play ever called in the history of Super Bowl football. It's so stupid it's beyond comprehension. A 10 year old kid in Pee Wee Football wouldn't call a play that stupid, let alone an NFL coach. WOW!

jb
02-02-2015, 10:02 AM
Watched a total of 10 min of the 3rd quarter, then went to bed. Caught the high lights this morning, nice win,
High lights were all I needed to see.

Buckrub
02-02-2015, 10:02 AM
Just in case ya'll missed it.....Malcomb Butler from Vicksburg, Mississippi made that game-winning interception for the Pats.

If I was the Seahawk's owner, the dumbazz who called that pass play, instead of giving the ball to Marshawn Lynch, would be fired, before the team left the field.

I don't know this, but I'd GUESS it'd be one "Pete Carroll" who called that. Always being cute.

And Big Sky says it all.

Poor Russell Wilson. He's just not experienced enough to say "NOPE, we ain't runnin' THAT play Coach".......

Buckrub
02-02-2015, 10:04 AM
Wife watched all night for some Victoria Secret commercial where the models were playing football. She/we never saw it. She read something about it and wanted to see how they did it.

But maybe it was during Half Time. We do NOT leave it on that channel at halftime. I missed 1 1/2 minutes of 2nd half because the automatic clock in my head was off, to tell me to turn back to the game.

BarryBobPosthole
02-02-2015, 10:11 AM
I didn't watch it. Watched The Thirteenth Warrior for about the 50th time. Still my favorite Crichton book and movie.

So ole Petey screwed the pooch it sounds like. I'm sure they had a geoup hug and a bowl of granola and all is better.

BKB

Buckrub
02-02-2015, 10:22 AM
Thump watched.
Posty didn't.
I'm misunderstood.
My world is crumbling.

LJ3
02-02-2015, 10:27 AM
I watched it with the biggest Pats fan known to man, my step-son. His room is essentially a shrine to Tom Brady (no exaggeration). He can rattle of Pats stats and schedules for years. I got all caught up in it and it was awesome. Seahakws showed their asses on that one. I just don't like 'em, at all. Now more people got to see what asshats they are, as a team.

BarryBobPosthole
02-02-2015, 10:28 AM
I didn't watch it. Watched The Thirteenth Warrior for about the 50th time. Still my favorite Crichton book and movie.

So ole Petey screwed the pooch it sounds like. I'm sure they had a group hug and a bowl of chili with beans in it and all is better.

BKB

Okay, Bucky, just for you I amended my post.

BKB

Buckrub
02-02-2015, 10:30 AM
You're my main man.

LJ3
02-02-2015, 10:35 AM
Everyone's piling on Pete for the bad call at the end but it's not THAT bad of a call.

First, the Pats D-Line is amazingly strong. They put people in the hospital! Those guys are seriously beefy and can push most O-lines around like little bitches. With a goal line play, you get the best of their best. Add to that, every single person watching the game knew that the ball would be given to Lynch. And oh yeah, the point of play calling is to do something your opponent isn't expecting in most cases.

So yeah, should he have made that call? Prolly not. If they had scored? He's be the "Ballsy" "That's the kind of confident play calling a true champion makes" kinda bullshit.

Buckrub
02-02-2015, 10:45 AM
Bull Feathers.

I just read he admitted making that last call. WOOO HOO. My day is made. He deserves it. I HATE arrogance. I hate it. Above any other thing, I hate arrogance. And he reeks of it, has no humility. Even Sherman, you can see that glimmer of "I'm just playing a game". Not Carroll. That's my two cents opinion.

LJ3
02-02-2015, 10:57 AM
Bullfeathers on your bullfeathers! BUT, I do agree Carrol is an arrogant sumbitch. Still, it's not that outrageous of a call to make. If they were going to throw, on off shoulder outside route would have been less risky.

Don't get me wrong, it's head shaker and I'm glad he made that call :) He did own up to it right after the game. Even said "That one was on me."

Buckrub
02-02-2015, 10:58 AM
I appreciate your appreciating my appreciation for your appreciation of the Bull Feathers.

Thumper
02-02-2015, 11:24 AM
You girls need to get a room!

HideHunter
02-02-2015, 11:27 AM
Meme of the night.

That's horrible .... and hilarious... you guys are on a roll this morning. ;)

Captain
02-02-2015, 06:30 PM

BarryBobPosthole
02-02-2015, 06:36 PM
It seems to me, just from being a noticer of what I read in the sports page about the game, that Tom Brady threw the game winning pass to a guy na,ed Edelman. On second and goal. And they had a large black running person in their backfield too. I suppose they are saying the Patriots are dumbasses too then aren't they?

Just wonderin. I didn't watch the game though. I'm starting to wonder if y'all did.

BKB

Captain
02-02-2015, 08:17 PM
I don't have a dog in the fight as I really didn't care for the game or outcome (but it was nice to see the sour-puss loose)

But I would consider a pass to the end zone from 6 yards out would make more since than one from 1 yard out on first down.

HideHunter
02-02-2015, 09:01 PM
I'm not a fan, Barry. Could care less. Played some as a kid - have always been a lousy spectator.. anyway.. We were in the middle of a blizzard. So, I watched. The team that lost ( I don't even remember who it was) had a big back (I think we'd have called him a fullback - back in the day) who - all night - probably made 6 yards after he was tackled.. The pass was dumb.

Buckrub
02-02-2015, 11:05 PM
The Patriots didn't have Marshawn Lynch, dimwit.

:)

Big Muddy
02-03-2015, 01:34 AM
This article was printed in our state newspaper about Malcolm Butler, today....looks like he was a troubled MS kid, who was determined to get his life straight, and follow his dream....congratulations, Malcolm!!!!

"""Malcolm Butler: From Vicksburg Popeyes to Super Bowl Hero"""

"""Last month, there was a celebrity outside the Popeyes in Vicksburg.

Nearly four years ago, that same celebrity was working the drive-thru.

Malcolm Butler, the Vicksburg native and rookie cornerback who intercepted Seattle quarterback Russell Wilson's pass with 20 seconds left to seal New England's 28-24 Super Bowl XLIX victory on Sunday, had spent four years working at that fast-food restaurant.

"It's so hard for me to believe the guy who made that play in the Super Bowl is the same Malcolm who was working here not long ago," said Shennelle Parker, a manager and Butler's former boss. "He came by and just said hello after the Patriots' (bye week). It still hasn't really hit me yet that Malcolm is doing all this."

Butler worked weekends at Popeyes through out most of high school.

He returned again in 2010, after he was dismissed from Hinds Community College.

Exactly why is unclear. Hinds coach Gene Murphy will only say Butler "just needed to get back on track."

Parker recalls Butler being a "great" employee. When he was out of football in 2010, Butler worked six-hour shifts seven days a week.

"He never complained," she said. "He was always happy. He was never really down or anything."

He was distracted from time to time, though.

Alonzo Stevens would swing by Popeyes drive-thru window at least twice a week in the summer of 2010.

The then-Vicksburg High School head football coach would lean out his car window when he reached the glowing menu, order a two-piece chicken meal and pull forward to talk football with Butler.

"I'll never forget rolling up to that window the first time he was there," Stevens said. "I just told him, 'Hey, don't you dare lose your dream.' He'd just look at me and say, 'Coach, I know I messed up, but I know I'll be fine.'

Parker remembers those conversations well.

"He'd have his whole body at the window and I'd say, 'Hey, Malcolm, we have work to do,' " Parker recalls. "He'd just say, 'Hold on, hold on. I'm talking about football with coach. I really need this.'"""

Big Muddy
02-03-2015, 12:35 PM

LJ3
02-03-2015, 04:08 PM
It seems to me, just from being a noticer of what I read in the sports page about the game, that Tom Brady threw the game winning pass to a guy na,ed Edelman. On second and goal. And they had a large black running person in their backfield too. I suppose they are saying the Patriots are dumbasses too then aren't they?

Just wonderin. I didn't watch the game though. I'm starting to wonder if y'all did.

BKB

Dear Noticer, The Pats threw a corner route off shoulder so that the pass was either a TD, or out of bounds. The 'hawks threw an inside route in to massive amounts of traffic, up for grabs basically.

DeputyDog
02-03-2015, 04:31 PM
They also threw it to a rookie receiver who only had like 18 catches all year.

BarryBobPosthole
02-03-2015, 04:42 PM
All I'm sayin' is a lot is being made of that play costing them the game while I'm pretty sure the Pats ran pass plays on not one but two straight 2nd and goal situations on their last two touchdowns.

Maybe they should look at their defense for giving up ten point lead in the 4th quarter. Sheesh.

BKb

LJ3
02-03-2015, 06:34 PM
It was a team loss :)

Big Muddy
02-04-2015, 11:49 AM
A pizzed-off Seahawk fan.
This is prolly staged, but still funny:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgepmUrbHyg

Thumper
02-04-2015, 12:06 PM
Funny, but I'm with you ... I call "staged". That's an old projection tv ... worth about negative $25.00!! (he'd have to pay to have it hauled to the dump BEFORE he destroyed it!) ;)

Big Muddy
02-04-2015, 01:16 PM
HA, yep, he was already in a running position, and his buddy was filming it on his phone....on the other hand, by the size of that tiny apartment, maybe that $25 rear proj. screen mighta been all he could afford. ;)