PDA

View Full Version : Remember my post about the football referee's errant call.....???

Big Muddy
02-12-2015, 11:48 AM
In that incident, I thought the ref's error shoulda been over-ruled by the school's athletic commission.

http://www.goodhunting.info/showthread.php?5902-Whatcha-think-Phole-quot-quot-quot-Okla-high-school-screwed-by-the-refs-quot-quot-quot&highlight=football+referee+school

Well, how do ya'll feel about this one???

I watched most of the LLWS games, and this team was awesome....but, it looks like they did cheat....and, look who's gotten involved in the dispute because it is an all-black team....none other than ole hair-lip Jesse Jackson.

I doubt Bro. Al Sharpdick gets involved because he's spending most of his time, fighting his rather LARGE tax problem.

http://patch.com/illinois/beverly-mtgreenwood/jackie-robinson-west-little-league-stripped-us-title-cheating-0

DeputyDog
02-12-2015, 03:01 PM
You have have to feel bad for the kids, because the really won the games they played, it is the adults who were at fault entirely for playing kids they knew shouldn't have been on the team.

BaseballCoach (Rev A)
02-12-2015, 07:20 PM
The real losers here are the kids that didn't make the team at all because of the kids pulled from outside their district and the teams they crushed along the way using the illegal players. They beat one team 43-2, talk about poor sportsmanship. Guess karma does work now and then.

BarryBobPosthole
02-12-2015, 07:31 PM
It ain't the kids fault, but they are the ones that the ones that pay the price. That's what ain't fair and as faras I'm concerned nothing else matters.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
02-12-2015, 08:19 PM
It's almost always the adults that fuck things up.

Niner
02-13-2015, 06:36 AM
I heard about this on the radio yesterday, but the report failed to mention that good ol' Jessie was getting in on the action.

Thumper
02-13-2015, 07:42 AM
I'm just wondering ... when a new kid joins the team, wouldn't the others naturally ask them where they're from? Or where they live? Don't they know what the boundaries are since they had to know the restrictions in order to join the team in the first place. That said ... yes or know ... the adults screwed up and rules are rules no matter how badly they suck. That should be ONE of the lessons kids learn from sports, correct. We've all learned lessons "the hard way" in our lives. What if the Vegas team had stacked the deck?

The fact I see Jessie's fat mug in every press release makes me sick.

Chicken Dinner
02-13-2015, 10:31 AM
Boundaries are probably more complicated in an Urban area like Chicago. If the coach and the league commissioner say this is the boundary, and you live within it, it's probably not going to be questioned.

I've seen some crazy-assed stuff around here in our "house" leagues. Most of the leagues don't have a draft as the idea is to let kids play with their friends/school mates. These teams pretty much typically stick together year after year. It's a great idea. But, there's always 1-2 coaches that uses that as an excuse to build a mini-select team and beat up on everybody else. In 3rd grade baseball there was actually a coach that sent emails to parents before the season letting them know that their kids weren't welcome back. (Again, this is in a house league not a select or travel team.) In 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade basketball, there was one coach who magically always only had 7 players show up for games and thereby the minimum playing time rules didn't apply. I coach and I just don't understand the adult motivation manipulate the rules so you can beat up everybody because you have more talent. I'd much rather see kids develop because they're learning.

BarryBobPosthole
02-13-2015, 10:50 AM
And this ain't really little league baseball. Well, it is, but it ain't what most of our kids play in. These teams are all star teams that are typically by invite only or definitely by try-out only. Around here there are teams like that that even have indoor practice facilities. My point is, this ain't sandlot or little league sponsored by the local Dairy Queen. Its big time competitive baseball and its a big deal. So the teams can come from all over a metro area. There's pros and cons to it, but when folks think of little league world series they think its a bunch of neighborhood pals who happened to have a good team. It ain't that by a long shot.

BKB

DeputyDog
02-13-2015, 12:10 PM
Whatever happened to just letting the kids play and have fun? Why did it have to change to make everything so serious? I can see having an all-star team made up of the better players from all the teams in the league, but most of the AAU and travel leagues are developing a few players that will play in D1 college sports and the rest are just bankrupting the parents in hopes that their kid will make it big.

I know someone here locally who spends just about every weekend in Chicago (2 1/2 hours away) with their daughter so that she can play in a volleyball club there. How can any normal family afford that without spending the money that would have been used to send the kid to college in hopes that they will get a scholarship so they don't have to pay it themselves?

BarryBobPosthole
02-13-2015, 12:29 PM
I agree there's pros and cons, but I think there's a place for competitive baseball for young kids in that 11-13 range. That's when the kids that really have the desire and skill to play get separated from the ones who wouldn't otherwise go on and play. So its not like competitive baseball denies any kids the opportunity to play, what it does is create a place for kids with real talentand desire to move along. Is it done the right way? I'm sure there's aspects of itthat aren't. I can only imagine the dads in those leagues. Whew!
Baseball isn't like other sports where there is ample opportunity for kids who want to go on playing to get a chance to play. That's where competitive leagues provide that chance.

Can you tell I'm a baseball fan?

BKB

Big Muddy
02-13-2015, 12:52 PM
Jesse Jackson Alert: Cheating Black Little League Team Losing Their Title Is Racist

"""The Jackie Robison West baseball team who won the American Little League championship last summer was stripped of their title for violating residency rules. The all black team used players from outside the area they represent, building an all-star team in clear violation of the rules everyone else followed. Because of this, the team must vacate all of their wins, forfeit their title, and their coach has been suspended. Oh, and of course, the punishment is totally racist.

In a press conference led by a tearful Jesse Jackson, parents of the players took turns at the microphone accusing Little League Baseball of racism for enforcing its rules.

ABC 7 Chicago captured all of the action:

“Little League says that they teach character and they teach courage. Well, this isn’t an act of courage and this sure isn’t an act of character. Brandon Green and his teammates, they earned the championship win and we will not stop until justice is done,” said Venisa Green, mother of JRW player Brandon Green.

She does understand that part of a person’s character is not cheating to win a baseball game, doesn’t she?

“A lot of people feel the players – the boys, the young men – should not be punished for the actions of a few,” said Ronald Holt, community leader.

Who should be punished? The team that cheated, or the teams that didn’t but were beaten by the team that cheated?

“This is America. You have to explain to our children that this is America and this is how it works in America,” said Dennis Butler, grandfather of a JRW player.

Yeah, that’s exactly how things work in America. You cheat, you get caught, you are punished. Would he prefer the boys learn the lesson that you are not held responsible for your actions? Apparently so.

Then, for some reason, a white priest took the podium and dropped this bomb:

“You need to reverse this unless you’re going to go after all 16 teams. This is a racist attack and racist at the foot of this, and there’s no way I’ll back off from that, none whatsoever,” Pfleger said.

Fighting back the tears, Jesse Jackson mumbled into the mic:

“This is persecution. This is not right, it’s unnecessary. And it’s not fair,” Jackson said.

And yet it’s somehow fair to the other teams that didn’t break the rules because they didn’t have all-black rosters, right Jesse?

Jackson says this is still new, and the group is still evaluating options including possible legal action. They say the Jackie Robinson team was singled out for scrutiny and if there is an investigation of them, there should be an investigation of all 16 teams in the Little League World Series. And they say if rules were broken, it’s the adults who should face repercussions, not the kids.

Jesse Jackson is so outraged at this egregious example of “racism” that he’s holding a rally for the Jackie Robinson West team this weekend at his Rainbow PUSH coalition headquarters.

For the record, Little League Baseball has previously stripped teams of wins and titles for the same kinds of violations. This may come as a shock to Mr. Jackson, but those teams were not made up of all black players. From ESPN:

Jackie Robinson West isn’t the first team to have its Little League title stripped. In 1992, Little League took away the title from Zamboanga, Philippines, and handed it to Long Beach, California, after Zamboanga used several players who lived outside its district or were overage. In 2001, a team from the Bronx that finished third was forced to forfeit its games after pitcher Danny Almonte was revealed to be overage.

Here’s another shock: not everything bad that happens to black people is racism, especially if it’s of their own doing."""

DeputyDog
02-13-2015, 01:25 PM
They only did that to the Philipino team because they was furriners. ;)

Sunshine
02-13-2015, 01:54 PM
I'm sorry, but cheaters do not deserve anything.
I don't care what color you are.
You cheat.... You lose.

You want that title, then earn it honestly, like every other team's suppose to follow.

Then it can't be taken from you.

Absolutely tired of the "race card!" Getting old.