PDA

View Full Version : Time to rock

Bwana
02-12-2015, 09:21 PM
Not sure if I'm trying to get back my youth or just taking advantage of some musical opportunities? Anyway, in a couple of weeks my wife & I are heading to a Heart concert featuring Joan Jett & the Blackhearts.

Have had those tickets for a couple of weeks & then today some friends invited us to a Def Lepard/Styx/Tesla concert in October.

Might have to start growing out the mullet again. 😜

Chicken Dinner
02-12-2015, 09:28 PM
Have fun and bring your ear plugs. My older son really enjoys classic rock and we typically catch at least one if the buggies from the 70's or 80's every summer.

Niner
02-13-2015, 06:31 AM
MAN!! Heart and Joan Jett....that should be an awesome concert. :thumbsup

I'm pretty fortunate here. I have two different radio stations that I can pick up that do the 70's/80's classic rock thing 24/7.....and they are both good.
However, I THINK they are sat downlink stations with no "real" people there. One of them adverts for the iHeartRADIO music app a lot.

http://www.iheart.com/

BarryBobPosthole
02-13-2015, 10:54 AM
Out of all those, Heart is the only one I like. Ann Wilson has some pipes. Can't abide Styx (len's favorite band). They sound too much like Rush.

BKB

Big Skyz
02-13-2015, 11:00 AM
Styx sounds like RUSH, bite your tongue man. Styx is no where near the talent or sound that RUSH has.

HideHunter
02-13-2015, 11:39 AM
I've been to about 5 concerts in my life. Had VIP tickets (backstage and the whole bit to two Uncle Ted concerts). Smart enough to take my ear plugs and made it clear through the first one. Second one - I made it about a half-hour. I was probably in my 40s - and "If it's too loud - you're too old" applied.

BarryBobPosthole
02-13-2015, 11:44 AM
I saw Nugent in a bar in a little college town in Oklahoma back when his band was the Amboy dukes. Had to have been about '73. He pretty much sucked then too. Have never been a fan.

BKB