PDA

View Full Version : The Sacketts

BarryBobPosthole
02-14-2015, 11:01 AM
Saw a pretty good movie last week based on a L'Amour book and decided to go dig out the old Sackett paperbacks and reread them. On the 3rd one now, The Warriors Path. Dang good stuff! Reminds me of what I loved best about LL's writing style.

BKB

DeputyDog
02-14-2015, 12:15 PM
My dad was a huge LL fan. He had everyone of his paperbacks. I loved to read them too. The movies they made based on the Sackett books weren't too bad either.

DeputyDog
02-16-2015, 02:12 PM
This post got me wanting to re-read them too. The old paperbacks are long gone, but I found them packaged together for the kindle. Volume 1 is the 5 books covering the backstory of the family and their arrival in the US, and volume 2 is 12 books covering the family during the 1870's period with the three brothers.

Captain
02-16-2015, 02:21 PM
I've got everyone me of them "somewhere". Finding them might be the biggest trick of all.
I always enjoyed reading them. Seems like writers now cannot tell the stories with the descriptions LL did. Really put you in the story.

quercus alba
02-16-2015, 03:27 PM
Galloway Sackett: "He couldn't be so ornery, not even a Sackett could be so down right ornery. He don't dare let us be late."

Falcon Sackett ; "Ornery?"

Galloway: " He couldn't be so ornery as too kill all forty of 'em before we get there"