PDA

View Full Version : Panic buttons....

Big Muddy
02-15-2015, 03:31 AM
Just got in a while ago from grandson's first baseball tourney of the year....good news is they play in the championship game tomorrow....bad news is some idiot accidently set off his panic button on his vehicle's remote, during a critical time of the ballgame....it was a night game, and the vehicle was parked in the lot, outside the center field fence, and facing the ball field.

From outta nowhere, the horn started blowing and headlights were flashing, right into the field of play....umpire stops the game, sends a kid out to get a description of the vehicle.

The kid returns, and runs upstairs to the PA announcer, who says, in a very pizzed voice, "Will the owner of the silver Ford F150, PLEASE shut off your dadgum alarm???"....everybody starting looking around for the idiot to blame.

Well, we were sitting in the bleachers, and almost instantly, my wife elbows the sheeit outta my ribcage....day'um near knocked the breath outta me, and I rather loudly blurted out, "Dammit woman, that can't be my truck, my keys are right here in my hip pocket".

By then, what seemed like 50 people, had turned around, staring at us like we were two really ugly Martians....I said, "Look here, I'll show you"....I pulled the keys outta my rear pocket, and hit the remote button.

I've never received so much applause.

(A little advice, here, don't put your remote keys in your hip pocket, when sitting on hard bleachers.) ;)

Captain
02-15-2015, 09:01 AM
Dang. Keys and phones should never go in a back pocket of jeans.
I bet the whole crowd was looking at Ya!
Did you put on your sunglasses? 😃

Thumper
02-15-2015, 10:27 AM
Yep, I see all those young gals walking around with their phones in their rear pants pocket and have always wondered how many cracked screens they've had.

Good one Edward. Remind me not to sit with you if we ever attend a ball game together. :D

LJ3
02-16-2015, 02:39 PM
That right there is funny!

BarryBobPosthole
02-16-2015, 03:20 PM
When I see young gals walking around with something in their back pockets that ain't the crack I get to thinking about.
BKB