PDA

View Full Version : here's I've been home all day

quercus alba
02-17-2015, 04:40 PM
with the crud and you bunch of slackers haven't posted anything for me to expound on. A rare chance for me to enlighten the great unwashed is wasted. The rest of my day is booked solid now, I have to feed the rabbits, take a nap then eat supper. Maybe some college hoops later

Thumper
02-17-2015, 04:47 PM
Why would we want to risk hangin' out with you all day? You might be contagious! ;)

BarryBobPosthole
02-17-2015, 05:00 PM
Do you have cough due to cold?

I've been doing the thing I love the most all day, and that's doing some drywall repair work and getting the whiole upsatirs of my house ready to paint. Reminds of two periods of my life, once when a buddy of mine and I painted the entire inside of the LeFlore County Hospital one summer and the other when I worked for a complete and utter asshole hanging and finishing drywall out in western Oklahoma. In other words....NOT. I've successfully avoided doing much of either kind of work the rest of my life, at least until now. Whose friggin idea was this anyhow?

So here's something for you to chew on QA. Why is it that most painters are crazy as a junebug? And why is it most paperhangers are assholes? Is it something in the fumes and dust they breathe? Is it catching. Will I become a crazy asshole?

BKB

Thumper
02-17-2015, 05:07 PM
Why is it that most painters are crazy as a junebug? And why is it most paperhangers are assholes?

Well dang! I thought it was just me who thought that. In all my years of pressure washing, I would many times prep a house for the painters to come in behind me. My personal observation is that 99.9% of them are drunks. (or maybe it's the fumes?) I called a few wall paper types in for estimates years ago to remove the wall paper from my house so I could re-paint. This house was owned by an interior decorator when we bought it and she LOVED wall paper! Me, not so much ... 'cept "maybe" in the bathrooms. What a bunch of jerks who showed up.

quercus alba
02-17-2015, 05:13 PM
Posthole

It's obviously job prerequisites, I don't think you're in any danger. In my expert opinion, your problem of insanity and bungholery stems from being stuck in management too long. Either that or you need to get laid more often. Both can be fatal if not medicated promptly. My prescription is to fire up a blunt and chase Julie around the house. It's not a cure but it will relieve the symptoms

Thumper
02-17-2015, 05:18 PM
What would he do with her if he caught her? ;)

Hombre
02-17-2015, 05:38 PM
I think she's been properly incented over the years to ensure that doesn't happen

BarryBobPosthole
02-17-2015, 09:10 PM
QA, you are a very smart man. And its a HELL of a lot more fun treating symptoms instead of fixing problems! That's my middle name!

Kiss my rusty butt, Kansas Boy.

Speaking of, West Virginia beat Kansas and it caused an earthquake here. And damned if their couch burnin' didn't get out of hand in West Virginny and they burned a whole damned train.

BKB

Buckrub
02-18-2015, 06:36 PM
QA, you are a very smart man. And its a HELL of a lot more fun treating symptoms instead of fixing problems! That's my middle name!

Kiss my rusty butt, Kansas Boy.

Speaking of, West Virginia beat Kansas and it caused an earthquake here. And damned if their couch burnin' didn't get out of hand in West Virginny and they burned a whole damned train.

BKB

Hmmm.

Several news outlets reported on that event, that a lot of train cars are old and dilapidated and need replaced. And that they carry oil past most of our houses.

Same guys scream bloody murder if we try and fix that problem by building a shiny new, well-functioning pipe line, and get rid of the old train cars. Or stated vicey versey, folks that scream bloody murder cause a shiny new pipe line MIGHT burst, are more than willing to do nothing, which means THEIR oil comes to their very old refineries in very old train cars.

Makes ya wonder what folks are using for logic these days........