PDA

View Full Version : ISIS

johnboy
02-19-2015, 03:21 PM
You ever get the feeling that whoever is in charge of these assholes knows exactly what they are doing and we (as in our politicos) haven't got a clue? They are spreading every day and at this rate will soon control most of the middle east whilst our idiots in charge can't even agree on whether we are at war with them or not. If it wasn't so fucking sad, I'd have to laugh. Talk about Nero fiddling while Rome burns...... :pissed

Big Muddy
02-19-2015, 04:02 PM
This is sooooo appropriate....the new cover photo of the New York Post.

LJ3
02-19-2015, 04:12 PM
You ever get the feeling that whoever is in charge of these assholes knows exactly what they are doing and we (as in our politicos) haven't got a clue? They are spreading every day and at this rate will soon control most of the middle east whilst our idiots in charge can't even agree on whether we are at war with them or not. If it wasn't so fucking sad, I'd have to laugh. Talk about Nero fiddling while Rome burns...... :pissed

Yes, I have that feeling every day. Their information, tactics and actions outmaneuver every single country from what I can tell. Call them what you will, but they are making fools of just about everyone. 'Cept Jordan.

Chicken Dinner
02-19-2015, 04:38 PM
I kinda sort of disagree. Starting to burn people alive and beheading Etyptian Christians instead of Westerners is pretty much an act of desperation. They're going broke and they're losing the shooting war where it counts. So, they're reduced to outlandish acts against individuals that are designed to offend our sensibilities. The best response is to ignore it. I realize this stuff is hard on the individuals and their families. But, you can't conduct foreign policy based on the micro-level impacts.

LJ3
02-19-2015, 05:59 PM
Word. I disagree but I see your point :)

Buckrub
02-19-2015, 06:50 PM
I am not able to validly state my opinion in this particular venue.

johnboy
02-19-2015, 06:58 PM
Why not? Opinions are just that - opinions. Can't be right or wrong.

Anyway CD, I hope you are right but I fear that you are not. The burnings and beheadings seem deliberate acts to incite, I dunno, something and I just can't figure out what they are about. Maybe I'm giving too much credit and they really are just thrashing around but when Al Queda, Hezbolla, the Taliban, Iran and a few other nutjob Islamic groups are talking about the danger of ISIS then that concerns me.

Why has so little been published on the leadership of ISIS? Who is in charge? Anyone?

Buckrub
02-19-2015, 07:01 PM
Because........I'm labeled an idiot when I state most of my opinions. Not interested in that much.

It'll all be clear before too much longer.

Thumper
02-19-2015, 09:05 PM
There is a leader Johnboy. I'd have to look up the name, but it's XXX XXX xx XX Big Bag-daddy ... or sumpin' like that.

He's the new Bin Laden.

Thumper
02-19-2015, 09:12 PM
Here ya' go .... Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.

johnboy
02-20-2015, 12:55 PM
Then it seems to me that the number one target should be Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi. Drop a friggen Hellfire on his ass. Best way to kill a snake is to cut off its head.

Buckrub
02-20-2015, 01:06 PM
There is no organization to these folks. It's an ingrained system of belief. Infidels are not human, and death is not a problem to any of them. NO fear. NO interest in being like us. In fact, the opposite.

We can't define the problem, and until we do, we can't fix it. But killing any one guy is simply worthless to them. They are not a snake. They are a virus, a mutating one.

Nothing will occur..........until massive disaster strikes, God forbid it happening. And probably not then. I know this, if every American had to pick a side, and understand that the side they pick is going to try and kill the other side, I'd hate to hazard a guess where our current administration would fall.

I've said enough.

johnboy
02-20-2015, 01:16 PM
That might be so Buckster but I do believe that there is an organization at the heart of this ISIS phenomenon and that is what I would be targeting by any means possible. I wonder that the Israelis aren't doing it already (or maybe they are?).

Anyway, sitting around wringing our hands will not slow or stop them so start taking them out from the top down. Just my opinion, of course.

BarryBobPosthole
02-20-2015, 02:28 PM
This ISIS deal is a puzzler to me. The news idiots have latched onto it like its solid gold and that in turn has brought the hawks out that insist we go to war with them because of the danger they pose to us. And that's supposedly at least partly because of folks from America and other places that are going to the ME to join up with them. My problem with this is I don't believe a fucking thing the media has to say about ISIS. All the 'majors' have some washed up has-been bureaucrat as their 'middle eastern terror expert' and I have yet to see a credible one say anything intelligent.
With that said, ISIS is real and I think we're starting to see US policy actually working the way we want it to: the middle eastern nations are starting to really participate in rubbing these bad guys out.
My opinion is we need to stay the hell out of it, we need to bring our troops home completely from Iraq and Afghanistan NOW and if Iraq falls totally into ISIS hands them screw 'em, they need to rise up and stomp these assholes themselves.
Finally, its gotten to where politicians are actually willing to commit us to real face to face war, and 90% of the reasons they want to do it are ideological and political. Nd to me that's wrong. Its also fucking sad.

And that's my two cents on ISIS.

BKB

Buckrub
02-20-2015, 02:37 PM
This ISIS deal is a puzzler to me. The news idiots have latched onto it like its solid gold and that in turn has brought the hawks out that insist we go to war with them because of the danger they pose to us. And that's supposedly at least partly because of folks from America and other places that are going to the ME to join up with them. My problem with this is I don't believe a fucking thing the media has to say about ISIS. All the 'majors' have some washed up has-been bureaucrat as their 'middle eastern terror expert' and I have yet to see a credible one say anything intelligent.
With that said, ISIS is real and I think we're starting to see US policy actually working the way we want it to: the middle eastern nations are starting to really participate in rubbing these bad guys out.
My opinion is we need to stay the hell out of it, we need to bring our troops home completely from Iraq and Afghanistan NOW and if Iraq falls totally into ISIS hands them screw 'em, they need to rise up and stomp these assholes themselves.
Finally, its gotten to where politicians are actually willing to commit us to real face to face war, and 90% of the reasons they want to do it are ideological and political. Nd to me that's wrong. Its also fucking sad.

And that's my two cents on ISIS.

BKB

I could agree.

But I think you know that America, regardless of who is 'in power', is NOT going to sit around and watch terror groups annihilate kids and women and cities and whatnot............even when those guys hate us worse than the terrorists...........they just won't.

So, "Let 'em all kill each other" is never going to work, as much I and you wish it would. It's Fantasy World to think we will do as you say.

quercus alba
02-20-2015, 02:45 PM

BarryBobPosthole
02-20-2015, 02:47 PM
You're probably right. Terror is powerful, as much as we might try to feel safe, when stuff like that happens it shakes people to the core. And when news networks make it bigger than it really is, its even more impactful. Imagine if CNN and Foxnews were around when the Brits taught the injuns to scalp people and paid them a bounty for all they collected! That was another use of terror. Its all through history. And it almost never works. Israel is probably the one exception I can think of. nobel Prize winner Menachem Begin was a terrorist in his heyday.
BKB

Buckrub
02-20-2015, 03:08 PM
All of my rifles are Assault Rifles. That's their role.

All of my attempts at hunting could be seen by the deer as Terror. I'm a Deer Terrorist.

Every murder is a Terrorist Act. AND a Hate Crime, by the way.

Words.

Blood is blood. When they come for you and yours, you will fight back, and you won't dwaddle on trying to define who "they" are! You'll know. Those that are dying now know. There's simply one reason to not define the enemy...........

johnboy
02-20-2015, 03:22 PM
I think it might be a mistake to look at ISIS as just another terrorist group. They are much more than that and we need to recognize that. They plan/want to take over the world and remake all of us (those they don't kill in some barbaric fashion) into their image of a 'good' Muslim. They can not be reasoned with or negotiated with and to think so is to give them additional power. To bring up the fact that other people and religions also did really bad stuff a thousand (or few hundred or whatever) years ago seems to me to be a very lame justification for what they are doing now. Not productive.

I agree that it is a good thing to see other Muslim countries directly involved in fighting them and I hope to see more of that in the future but most of these countries also have a sizable number of their people who think ISIS is the cats ass so it is a balancing act for them. Why ISIS seems to be deliberately antagonizing Egypt and Jordan for example is a mystery to me. Do they know what they are doing or are they just a random acts of violence? Not knowing concerns me.

Barry, I agree that the media tends to blow things out of proportion but I fear that this is a case where the opposite is true. We are just not getting the real story on what is happening and I am not sure why. One commentator the other night noted that this 'war' has been coverd by the mainstream media much less than any other conflict in recent memory. One reason he proposed is that it is so dangerous to be any where near ISIS held territory that correspondents just won't go there. Bye the way, Canada actually has 'boots on the ground' in Iraq doing laser spotting for our fighter bombers attacking ISIS targets which makes the air attacks much more effective. They have been in firefights with ISIS but will continue their role. Care to join us?