PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a GOOD motion activated spotlight?

Buckrub
02-20-2015, 03:12 PM
I want a battery operated (if possible, if not I'll wire it) Motion Sensor Night SPOTlight..........actually I want about 3 of 'em...........for the farm.

Every one I look at, like in Amazon.........have 'cons' in the customer reviews of "made in China", or "Worked ok, but only for a year" or such.

Is there a good one out there? Anyone have one?

Buckrub
02-20-2015, 07:19 PM
Hello? Hello? Buehler??

Captain
02-20-2015, 07:30 PM
Yes I have them at my NC home my SC home.
After getting my legs switched this morning trying to help with the air compressor I figured I'd stay out of it.

Thumper
02-20-2015, 08:19 PM
I don't know about battery operated ... I'd rather have 'em hard-wired with re-chargeable battery back-up ... unless you want to spend the rest of your life checking/replacing batteries. But, that's just MHO.

Actually, I wouldn't even fool with battery back-up if you normally have power to the house.

Big Muddy
02-20-2015, 08:38 PM
Ditto, what Thump said....hard-wired....however, these solar-powered cheap ones at $24.99 work just fine, too....if the thief is serious about stealing from you, he's just gonna shoot 'em out, anyway.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/NTESearch?storeId=6970&ipp=24&Ntt=motion+lights

DeputyDog
02-20-2015, 08:41 PM
I grew to hate those things when I was doing SWAT. Nothing worse than trying to sneak up on a house to do a raid and a damn flood light kicks on. We got to the point someone would carry a pellet pistol to shoot them out if they popped on.

Buckrub
02-20-2015, 09:09 PM
Yes I have them at my NC home my SC home.
After getting my legs switched this morning trying to help with the air compressor I figured I'd stay out of it.

Now that's silly. I didn't switch your legs whatsoever. I wouldn't do that.

I simply said I did not know the answers to your questions. Didja want me to lie and make sumpin up?

Big Muddy
02-20-2015, 09:13 PM
Didja want me to lie and make sumpin up?

Well, of course....that's what all fishermen and hunters do....especially GH'ers !!! ;)

Captain
02-20-2015, 09:34 PM
I simply said I did not know the answers to your questions. Didja want me to lie and make sumpin up?

My questions were:
Did you check the oil in the compressor. Can't believe you did not know the answer to that.
Did the electric motor run? Figured a yes or no would not be too hard for you to know.
How long did it run? Guess you don't know that either.
What question was it I asked that was so hard to answer?

Buckrub
02-20-2015, 09:43 PM
All of those.

I did not check the oil in the compressor, and laugh all you want, I don't even know how to. I said I did not know.

I said previously it ran, for a brief second, a few years ago. I can't even find an on/off switch to make it run again. I just plugged it in before and it ran for a few seconds.

What did I not answer?

I wouldn't ignore your questions. I thought I answered them.

Thumper
02-21-2015, 12:35 AM
All of those.

I did not check the oil in the compressor, and laugh all you want, I don't even know how to. I said I did not know.

I said previously it ran, for a brief second, a few years ago. I can't even find an on/off switch to make it run again. I just plugged it in before and it ran for a few seconds.

What did I not answer?

I wouldn't ignore your questions. I thought I answered them.

Ummm, no ... I'm with Cappy. I asked the same question repeatedly and never got an answer. It was the MOST important question that needed answered in order to have ANY clue what-so-ever how to answer YOUR question. I finally gave up and went to bed ... and have been gone all day today.

You asked a question and we tried to answer, but needed more information. NOT information you did not know ... info that you DID know which was the most important question of the night ... HOW LONG DID IT RUN WHEN YOU SAID YOU HAD IT RUNNING .... ONCE!

I even said if you're selling a vehicle (truck) and a potential buyer asks if it runs ... and you say "I had it running once" ... WTF is that supposed to mean? That's not an informative answer and only opens more questions. I won't even count how many times Cappy asked, but I'll give you a synopsis of MY questions.

Cappy asked repeatedly and finally bailed out at 11:04 AM today after never receiving an answer to the MOST IMPORTANT question!

I asked at 7:24 PM last night ... no answer.
I asked at 11:07 PM last night ... no answer.
I asked at 11:17 PM last night ... no answer.
I asked at 11:34 PM last night ... no answer. This is when I finally gave up trying to help and I went to bed never to return to the conversation.

My final plea for an answer? 11:34 PM LAST NIGHT ... then gave up and did not return.
Cappy's final plea for an answer? 11:04 AM TODAY ... he gave up and did not return.
When did you FINALLY answer the question? 11:09 AM TODAY ... AFTER both of us had already given up and bailed out of the whole conversation!

Then you follow it with, "I was not ignoring the questions........I said "I do not know".

WTF????

Buckrub
02-21-2015, 01:01 PM
OK. It's all my fault. It was not intentional. Of that, I am certain. Maybe I'm insane.

I did not even know that a compressor used oil! Wouldn't have even thought to look. Didn't know to. And I don't sit here all day, every day. That's the beauty of this place. I can answer later. But I do try to. I did not mean to intentionally ignore anyone!!! I STILL DO NOT understand the question that both of you asked that both of you think I ignored. I just don't. As I said, maybe I'm insane. But I never mean to ignore or "switch the legs" of anyone.

There sure seems to be a lot of effort going into proving me wrong. Heck, just ask me. I'll admit I'm wrong. Easily. And apologize. If it's that upsetting, send me an email and say WTF or something, ok?

I am SORRY to upset anyone. I do not mean to. I apologize.

Have to be gone today. Sorry.

Buckrub
02-21-2015, 02:45 PM
BTW, from yesterday afternoon to late this morning, I wasn't even at computer. Not sure the hours, but the "no answer" wasn't ignoring you, it was just not being here.

Why do you guys think I'd ignore you anyway? For what?

Thumper
02-21-2015, 08:33 PM
BTW, from yesterday afternoon to late this morning, I wasn't even at computer. Not sure the hours, but the "no answer" wasn't ignoring you, it was just not being here.

Why do you guys think I'd ignore you anyway? For what?

I have no clue where you're coming from. I've been gone all day TODAY also (since before noon anyway) and just got home. The thread in question was TWO days ago. I bailed out at 11:34 PM ... Cappy bailed out at 8:34 PM yesterday. Of course you were here ... and yes, you repeatedly ignored the question. I was (and I have to assume Cappy was also) honestly trying to help answer your initial question, but there was not near enough information to answer it. It was a simple question and you knew the answer. I don't know how the question could have been asked more plainly.

YOU WERE HERE THE WHOLE TIME!

Your initial post with the question: Buckrub, 7:11 PM (two days ago)
Me 7:24 PM
Cappy 7:42 PM
You 9:13 PM
Cappy 9:43 PM
Me 11:07 PM
You 11:10 PM
Me 11:17 PM
You 11:23 PM
Me 11:34 PM (at this point I threw my hands up and walked off to bed shaking my head!)

That brings us to yesterday ... you came back at 10:34 AM
You again at 10:55 AM

(STILL no answer from you)

Cappy 11:04 AM ... the point HE threw up his hands and wandered off shaking his head after STILL not receiving an answer from you.

Then you come back at 11:09 AM acting clueless and claiming to have answered the question from the get-go!

I'm out ... I was truly trying to help and just needed a minor clarification. From what I can tell from the conversation, Cappy was doing exactly the same and asking the same question I was. I dunno ... maybe you really are insane! ;) (note: That last statement IS followed by a smiley face)

It's a dead horse now ... it's probably an operable compressor. If it were mine, I'd get it running. If you can't tell a potential buyer it runs ... well, you've already been quoted the present scrap prices.

Sunshine
02-21-2015, 09:20 PM
Deleted

Buckrub
02-21-2015, 09:20 PM
Maybe I am, Jim. I've thought about it a lot today.

Again, I'm sorry if I offended anyone, or generated any confusion. It wasn't my intent. I know I can't follow all the above, sorry. Maybe I'm simply not very smart. I know this, at this point, I sincerely and honestly could not list the exact question that you say I ignored. Maybe that proves it......

BarryBobPosthole
02-21-2015, 09:23 PM
Is it too late to weigh in?

I figger its worth about 50 bucks. I'll give you that if you'll drop it off next time you're headed for Colorado and pass through. I'll even meet ya on I 40.

Buckrub
02-21-2015, 09:30 PM
I'd give that amount just to meet you again.

Buckrub
02-22-2015, 01:08 PM
All this hasn't set well with me. I went back and read that original post, and I answered the questions asked, in post 10, 12, and 16. I said "I don't know the answers to any of those questions". That's an answer. I said I don't know if it had rust, I don't know if it leaked, I don't know if there was water in the tank, I don't know if it'll start again now. I said I don't know the answers to ALL those questions.

So why was I beat up????

Thumper
02-22-2015, 01:53 PM
Dufus! Are you being a blockhead or what? I've tried to bail out of this repeatedly and keep getting sucked back in somehow. It's raceday ... after this, I'm REALLY out'ta here. The TITLE to your post asked us what it's worth.

In your description, you said ... and I quote ....

I got it on, once. It has no on/off switch. I plugged it in, and it ran.

Then Cappy and I both started quizzing you on what PERSACTLY you meant by that. Did it run 10 seconds and quit ... never to run again? Did it just come on, sputter and die permanently? Did it run for 3-4 minutes and quit? The last question is IMPORTANT as I explained repeatedly ... that's what they're SUPPOSED to do ... run a few minutes, build up pressure and cut off. You NEVER EVER addressed that question until we'd both given up and dropped out of the conversation. The whole time you repeatedly said either you didn't know the answer or you already answered it. There's no way you wouldn't know the answer ... you were there! Sheeesh, I KNOW you and know for a fact you're not that dense.

We gave up ... finally said it's junk and you may as well sell it for scrap! If it runs, it's worth "something" ... if not ... it "may" be junk.

I'm out'ta here ... again!

Buckrub
02-22-2015, 01:57 PM
Dufus! Are you being a blockhead or what? I've tried to bail out of this repeatedly and keep getting sucked back in somehow. It's raceday ... after this, I'm REALLY out'ta here. The TITLE to your post asked us what it's worth.

In your description, you said ... and I quote ....

Then Cappy and I both started quizzing you on what PERSACTLY you meant by that. Did it run 10 seconds and quit ... never to run again? Did it just come on, sputter and die permanently? Did it run for 3-4 minutes and quit? The last question is IMPORTANT as I explained repeatedly ... that's what they're SUPPOSED to do ... run a few minutes, build up pressure and cut off. You NEVER EVER addressed that question until we'd both given up and dropped out of the conversation. The whole time you repeatedly said either you didn't know the answer or you already answered it. There's no way you wouldn't know the answer ... you were there! Sheeesh, I KNOW you and know for a fact you're not that dense.

We gave up ... finally said it's junk and you may as well sell it for scrap! If it runs, it's worth "something" ... if not ... it "may" be junk.

I'm out'ta here ... again!

I don't care what you do. But I'm tired of being hammered invalidly.

Here's my quote from Post #21:

I have not tried to run it in several years (it started up for a few seconds once, years ago), and I don't even know how to check the oil in the compressor, etc.

Thumper
02-22-2015, 02:12 PM
Sheeesh! WTF??? How the heck do you keep dragging me back in? Yes ... that's your quote from post #21!!!

Now, back up 10 posts to post #11 (waaaay before your #21) ... read it ... think about it ... absorb it! Dang Bucky ... I'm startin' to worry about you.

I give up. YOU'RE not a moron ... I'M a frigging moron ... for continually coming back and trying to explain this craziness.

BarryBobPosthole
02-22-2015, 02:21 PM
What was it we used to call these threads in the old days? Flames?

BKB

Captain
02-22-2015, 02:50 PM
Yea but we all so old now they just fizzles. 😳

BarryBobPosthole
02-22-2015, 03:04 PM
Kind of like lighting a fart isn't it?
BKB

Captain
02-22-2015, 03:30 PM
Kind of like lighting a fart isn't it? BKB

Yep with the same outcome.

Buckrub
02-22-2015, 04:00 PM
Jim, I seriously think you're losing your mind, and somehow taking it out on me. I don't get it. I don't know how I deserve this.

You summarized in Post #20 in this thread the questions you claimed to be asking in that thread. Those questions centered around if I ran it, how long I ran it, what happened when I ran it. You.......YOU.........said that was what you wanted to know.

And I quoted what I said in response to all that. I said the only time it ever ran was for a few seconds, years ago. If that's not an answer to your questions, then you are insane, not me.

As for coming back and answering, I'm not forcing you to. I'm simply defending myself against invalid public accusations...........all over some stupid, freaking antique air compressor, for gosh sakes. I asked a simple question about this thing, and you've done nothing except berate me nonstop for this and that ever since. NOT ONCE has anything you've gotten huffed about been even slightly valid.

I wish some uninterested 3rd party around here would step up and referee and tell us which one of us is a complete and total igmo. Cause I've apologized for it being me, and all you've done is continue to hammer me..........invalidly.

I answered your frigging question, Man.

There's NO reason I'd just ignore your questions, especially since it seems to upset you so. Why would I do that on purpose? Why would I choose to antagonize you, or anyone?

What's this really about?

Sunshine
02-22-2015, 05:23 PM
Deleted

BarryBobPosthole
02-22-2015, 06:06 PM
What's the fun in that?

BKB

Sunshine
02-22-2015, 06:08 PM
Deleted

BarryBobPosthole
02-22-2015, 06:12 PM
I've been waiting for an invite likethat for years!

BKB

Thumper
02-22-2015, 06:12 PM
Sunny ... you're missing the whole point. He did NOT need to know shit from shinola about the mechanics of the whole thing. ALL I wanted to know was the details of when it DID run. Did it start and crap out after 3 seconds? (even then, there may be a reset switch on the back of the motor) Did it simply run until he unplugged it? Or did it run for a few minutes and then stop? (which MAY have been normal operation) He KNOWS the answer to that question ... he was there! It doesn't matter whether he knows anything about compressors. The title to the post was, "And this is worth???" He was asking what the thing is worth. The number one question ANY moron would ask is, "Does it run?" It ran once isn't an answer ... under what circumstances was it running? It was a simple question that only required a simple answer.

I've been around compressors since before I could walk. I can't remember a time in my 63 years that I did NOT have access to a compressor (my dad's) and have owned one myself since I was a kid riding a bicycle ... I've never been without one since and have one now. I know how they work. I thought I could answer his question.

That said, Cappy also obviously has been around compressors. Who knows how long? But I'll guarandamntee you he did not fully restore and paint that tractor without one. Cappy and I didn't consult one another ... we jumped in to HELP ... and isn't it odd we both were asking the same basic question? It had NOTHING to do with stickers or the lack thereof ... it was a simple, basic question that Bucky would know the answer to. It never got answered until the subject had been driven into the ground, and even then, not in detail. We (Cappy and I both) finally threw in the towel and gave up trying to help BEFORE the question was ever half way answered. I kept trying to explain WHY the question was an important one and somehow I turned into the bad guy here. If you don't want to know the answer to a fucking question, don't fucking ask it in the first fucking place! (Is Len in the house?) Sheeesh! This is so frigging stupid and I'm a dumbass for not being able to drop it and walk away.

I'd welcome Bucky's suggestion ... bring in a third party (who knows wtf he's talking about) ... actually, it would be a fourth party because it appears Cappy and I were both on the same page. If the 4th party doesn't tell Bucky what he wants to hear ... bring in a 5th ... until someone agrees with him.

Buckrub
02-22-2015, 07:41 PM
No, you're a dumbass if you think that I'd just tell two friends, that I DO TRUST know about this stuff, to piss off because.........of reasons unknown, and just ignore you.

If you think I'm pissing on you, call my fatt butt, you lambastic lamebrain! You and Cappy are the only two that EVER call me on phone, so I know you both have my number. If I've pissed you off, call and talk first hand.

Nothing I did was intentional or crazy. I had no clue I was ignoring you. I thought I'd answered. That's sincere. I had no idea you'd both get your frigging panties in a wad over this and get upset that I was somehow ignoring you. I'd never do that. And if you thought I was, then call. Or email.........something! Call me out. Tell me, explain, but I can't follow all this crapola on here about who said what, at exactly what time, and then folks get upset because they somehow feel I'm ignoring them.........when all I did was go to bed.

I've had diverticulitis,and been in pain, and I didn't sit here forever during that whole thing. Not an excuse. Just a fact. THe whole thing still boggles me.

I apologized once. I will apologize, in public, again..........I did not MEAN to upset anyone.

If it did not go such against my principles, I'd erase both these entire threads.

I am sorry. This is insane. Just plain nutsoid. I wish I'd never have asked anything about this.

Sunshine
02-22-2015, 08:01 PM
Deleted

Captain
02-22-2015, 08:08 PM
Bucky I've stayed out of it and stayed clear of any comments.
I don't like you dragging me back into it either
I'm not piss, you still my buddy, etc etc etc.
But you saying I've got my panties in a wad is just poking to get me back in it.

I saw the whole thing unfold till I get tired of it and have kept quiet.
But bottom line is in this case you are wrong
I tried and honestly wanted to help you. Was even going to suggest you being it out and I'd restore it for you with a new tank, If you had just answered my basic question of did the electric motor run,,,,
It was only after I got tire of asking and said bye did you say
"It ran for a few seconds a couple of years ago"
That was AFTER it had been asked many times by me and Thumper
Go back and read, your very first post led me to believe it ran RECENTLY as in when you took the picture.
It was only after I said forget it did you FINALLY answer and at that point I was done and still am.
Any more shit talking about this subject can be continued between you and thumper.
But don't address me on this matter again or we will have a problem

Thumper
02-22-2015, 08:25 PM
I'm out ... it's junk ... throw it away.

That was easy.

Buckrub
02-22-2015, 08:36 PM
I apologize. As God is my witness, I did not intend to upset anyone. I wasn't trying to drag anyone in.

I get told what my intentions are a lot, though.

I'd give a finger if I could just delete all this crap.

Chicken Dinner
02-22-2015, 09:47 PM
Bucky, it's not you.

BarryBobPosthole
02-22-2015, 09:54 PM
My sister has two kids: Laura and Thomas. Sometimes we play cards. Its a lot like this.

BKB

Arty
02-22-2015, 10:00 PM
My sister has two kids: Laura and Thomas. Sometimes we play cards. Its a lot like this. BKB

^ same with my 11 and 16 year old boys.

BarryBobPosthole
02-22-2015, 10:17 PM
Apropos of nothing, here's picture of a monkey with disturbing lips. Maybe os belongs in the Viagra thread, I don't know.

BKB

Captain
02-22-2015, 10:57 PM
4353 4354 4355 4356

BarryBobPosthole
02-22-2015, 11:12 PM

Captain
02-22-2015, 11:26 PM
Posthole would take that shot......
He's got a track record! 😉

Thumper
02-23-2015, 12:19 AM