PDA

View Full Version : For you cast iron or boating freaks ...

Thumper
02-21-2015, 01:43 AM
I was hitting estate sales today and came across some old Wagner nickel plated cast iron pans. They're "Sidney O" models (as opposed to "Sidney -O-") which dates them to between 1895 - 1920. I have to do a little cleaning, but they're some cool pans and have the fire rings. One is an 11" skillet and the other is a hair over 12" (to the outside of the pour spouts). They should be some really cool looking pans once I do a little cleaning (sorry, no pics yet) .... AND worth some pretty decent $$$! ;)

I bought a butt-load of stuff this weekend (had a sale Wed-Thur) as well as four today ... so I've been busy. I did score on an old "broken" flare gun (marine signal flares). It's an Olin (now Orion) 12 gauge gun, but the breech would not open completely. Heck, they bring $35-$45 (used) on eBay, but it was broken so I bought it for $0.25 figuring if I couldn't repair it, I could just throw it away and not really lose anything. I went on-line to see if I could find any reference on how to fix it and found out there's been a recall for the same persact problem. All you have to do is send 'em back in and they'll replace it with a brand new model! It's a 1989 model and the recall is on anything prior to 2000. Cool! Now instead of a 16 year old, used gun, I'll have a brand new one to sell and they run $70 in the stores. Not a bad investment for a quarter. ;)

http://i55.tinypic.com/29122wm.jpg

I have a dang truck load of crap here to sort through, but I thought those were some cool finds that may not bore you too badly.

Thumper
03-11-2015, 10:54 AM
Well dang! I set this flair gun on a shelf and forgot about it. Just dug it up this morning and called the company to double-check my info. They said to just send it in and they'll send me a brand new one in the mail. I just checked and they're selling for $50 at Wally World. I can handle that kind of profit margin! :D

Big Skyz
03-11-2015, 11:14 AM
If you had as much luck with lottery tickets as you do with estate sales you'd never work another day in your life.

Thumper
03-11-2015, 11:24 AM
If I had JB's luck at door prizes, I could'a retired 30 years ago!

Yep, this find was kind of cool since I pretty much fell right into it and had no clue about the "recall". I just packaged it for shipment and the postage ran me $2.09

I think I should be able to turn a profit on this $2.34 investment. There are a LOT of boats in Florida! :D

Bwana
03-11-2015, 11:54 AM
I'm thinking it is a good thing I don't live down there Thumper or you would either have a partner in crime or some competition as what you are doing sure sounds like fun.

Buckrub
03-11-2015, 12:12 PM
If you had as much luck with lottery tickets as you do with estate sales you'd never work another day in your life.

Um........um................

nah, too easy.

Thumper
03-11-2015, 01:27 PM
Bwana, my childhood buddy (since we were 7 years old) just retired about a year ago. He tagged along with me on one sale shortly after retiring and is now hopelessly hooked! He hasn't missed hitting the sales one single weekend since and we have kept a friendly competition going on a monthly basis. (I'm kicking his butt so far this month) ... last month I had ONE more sale than him. In fact, we've been mapping out the upcoming weekend just this morning. It's really a TON of fun ... AND we're making money at it. When "work" = fun ... it HAS to be a good thing!

We're drooling all over a sale coming up in April ... it's our kind of sale. Peruse these pics if you get a chance. Talk about a collection of great 'junk"! Some serious $$$ can be made at this one if we play our cards right. (Oh, and BITE ME Bucky!) :D

Scan down and click on the pics. (I LOVE to dig in and get dirty!)

http://www.estatesales.net/estate-sales/FL/Lakeland/33801/822744

Buckrub
03-11-2015, 01:32 PM
Hmmm.

There's several of those items that we have.........two old singer sewing machines, an old clock similar to one of those, and I have a couple of those old hand turn drills.......

I need Antique Road Show to walk through my house...........

Thumper
03-11-2015, 01:36 PM
The first thing that would catch their eye is YOU! ;)

Then they'd give you the sad news that not ALL antiques are worth anything. :D

Thumper
03-11-2015, 01:39 PM
Bucky, I recently sold one of those old drills for $61.00 ... paid $1.00! This dude must'a collected a bazillion of 'em. I'll DEFINITELY be bringing a few of 'em home with me.

Buckrub
03-11-2015, 01:42 PM
I ain't sure even YOU need to ever walk through our house or my garage............

Thumper
03-11-2015, 01:46 PM
I'd prolly have a field day!

Captain
03-11-2015, 09:32 PM
I just packaged it for shipment and the postage ran me $2.09

You could have shipped it in a flat rate box for $13.60. 😈

Thumper
03-11-2015, 09:44 PM
You could have shipped it in a flat rate box for $13.60. ��

Hello Mr. S/D! ;)

Captain