PDA

View Full Version : I hate following posted links as much as the next guy ...

Thumper
02-21-2015, 10:26 PM
... but this should get a rise out'ta youse car nuts. It made me drool!

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/one-rare-super-snake-appears-40-years-dust/?utm_source=o1&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=o1gallery

Captain
02-21-2015, 11:23 PM
That IS my dream car. Always has been.
In 1977 I had a chance to buy a 68 GT 350 for the price of 9 grand.
Which was a LOT back then for a 10 year old car, to a boy that just finished school.
Sure wish it could go back and do that over.

Buckrub
02-22-2015, 08:20 AM
Y'all remember what GTO stood for? No fair looking it up..........memory only. And yes, I do! :)

Thumper
02-22-2015, 10:01 AM
Y'all remember what GTO stood for? No fair looking it up..........memory only. And yes, I do! :)

I can still recall exactly when I learned it. The '64 GTO was introduced ... I was immediately in lust ... and my dad told me what GTO stood for. I may blow the spelling, but it's Gran Turisimo Omlogato (I know I f'd that up, but I know it's real close ... it's been a lot of years)

I was a huge Pontiac fan in the 60's. Dad managed the Pontiac Dealership in Orlando and also built Pontiac racecars for NASCAR in that era. I had the dream job after we moved to Mississippi in '67. Although I was only 15 years old and only had a learner's permit, I worked at the Pontiac dealership (actually Pontiac, Cadillac, Buick, GMC & Opal) in Vicksburg. My job was to move, park cars in the dealership as well as (believe it or not) ... pick up and deliver customer's cars for service! I will ALWAYS remember driving those GTO's and Firebirds! My first car was a Pontiac Ventura with a GTO engine in it. In H/S I drove a Pontiac LeMans (same body as GTO).

Thumper
02-22-2015, 10:06 AM
Well, I just looked it up ... I did blow the spelling, just barely. Corrected spelling "Gran Turismo Omologato".

johnboy
02-22-2015, 02:17 PM
What an amazing find! Look for that car to go to Barrett Jackson and sell for mega $$'s.

Bye the bye, Ford will have a 2016 version of the Shelby 500 (Supersnake) coming out soon to go with the new Shelby 350 (which makes me drool). Look for 800+ hp