PDA

View Full Version : Sums it up pretty closely..

HideHunter
02-22-2015, 01:40 PM
I didn't write this.. I did modify it slightly.. Some might relate - some won't.

I'm finding myself, more and more, to be neither a conservative nor a liberal. I do not get my facts from either FOX News or MSNBC. Neither Bill O'Reilly nor John Stewart shape my political beliefs. I believe in less government, level taxes and am pro-choice. I strongly support the First Amendment and the Second Amendment. I believe everyone should be entitled to marry whomever they desire. I stand up for legal immigration, but believe anyone here illegally should be sent packing. I am in favor of providing assistance for those in need; most - with a set time limit to get yourself right and move on. I believe things should be taken care of here first, before poking our nose into other countries. If there is no money in social security it is because of mismanagement. Don't be sending billions of dollars to some armpit country overseas until that money is returned. Follow whatever religious doctrine you believe in, but don't preach to me. I have my own beliefs. I don’t have to agree with your views to like and/or respect you.

BarryBobPosthole
02-22-2015, 01:43 PM
Man. That's about as close to describing me in the fewest amount of words as I've ever seen.

BKB

Buckrub
02-22-2015, 01:53 PM
Hmmm.

I dislike Bill O'Reilly, John Stewart, Rush Limbaugh, and Wolfe Blitzer equally. I dislike Brian Williams most. I don't get my facts from any of them. I don't read the front page of the paper, but I do subscribe for the funnies, sports, and editorials. I support all the Amendments, and believe they are not that hard to understand. I believe government should remove itself entirely, 100%, from the marriage business, the charity business, and the jobs business. They don't belong in any of them, and have only screwed up everything they touch. In fact, I believe government is the problem and not the solution, and further, could not validly foment a solution to any problem. I begrudgingly give them authority over roads, schools, law enforcement, and prisons. I believe Social Security is the largest mandatory Ponzi Scheme ever devised by satanic-like individuals, but if it must exist, it should be sacrosanct. I believe what George Washington told us in his farewell speech about foreign affairs and political parties. I believe I have the right to discuss religion with anyone, without them telling me I'm preaching or coercing them in any way. They have as much right to disagree or reject as I have to discuss my views of right and wrong and the standards I use to determine both. I respect every man who willingly and strongly discusses his views, regardless of how different they are from mine. I believe every man should stand on his own two feet, and that poverty is not a societal ill nor a crime, nor should it be disdained; nor should wealth.

Hhmm...

That was interesting. I've never done that before. Thanks for giving me an opportunity!

Thumper
02-22-2015, 01:57 PM
Man. That's about as close to describing me in the fewest amount of words as I've ever seen.

BKB

Ditto ... to a tee!

Thumper
02-22-2015, 02:02 PM
Buckster ... I can agree with some of what you said ... some is unrealistic. I've been to countries where the government lets the people manage themselves. Trust me ... it doesn't work. I know it may be hard to believe ... but MANY people are more ignernt that the government. Heck, how did Obama get elected? By the people you trust to run the country?

Captain
02-22-2015, 02:47 PM
Hideman you hit me on the head...
That is as close to me as I've read.

HideHunter
02-22-2015, 04:20 PM
Hmmm.

I dislike Bill O'Reilly, John Stewart, Rush Limbaugh, and Wolfe Blitzer equally. I dislike Brian Williams most. I don't get my facts from any of them. I don't read the front page of the paper, but I do subscribe for the funnies, sports, and editorials. I support all the Amendments, and believe they are not that hard to understand. I believe government should remove itself entirely, 100%, from the marriage business, the charity business, and the jobs business. They don't belong in any of them, and have only screwed up everything they touch. In fact, I believe government is the problem and not the solution, and further, could not validly foment a solution to any problem. I begrudgingly give them authority over roads, schools, law enforcement, and prisons. I believe Social Security is the largest mandatory Ponzi Scheme ever devised by satanic-like individuals, but if it must exist, it should be sacrosanct. I believe what George Washington told us in his farewell speech about foreign affairs and political parties. I believe I have the right to discuss religion with anyone, without them telling me I'm preaching or coercing them in any way. They have as much right to disagree or reject as I have to discuss my views of right and wrong and the standards I use to determine both. I respect every man who willingly and strongly discusses his views, regardless of how different they are from mine. I believe every man should stand on his own two feet, and that poverty is not a societal ill nor a crime, nor should it be disdained; nor should wealth.

Hhmm...

That was interesting. I've never done that before. Thanks for giving me an opportunity!

Good thoughts, 'Rub..

Only downside is, I probably have some ultra-conservative friends and some mega-liberal friends who will hate me equally now. ;)

Buckrub
02-22-2015, 04:27 PM
You have more friends than I do!!!

I appear to be losing faster than gaining them.............. :)