PDA

View Full Version : Hey, Quercus, WTF, man!!! .....

Big Muddy
02-23-2015, 11:33 AM
Why you be sending all this freezing rain and sheeit my way???....very unusual for us to be getting winter weather from your direction....we normally just get tornadoes and flooding rain from your way.

I was on google maps, and happened to run across Bradley, Ark.....I didn't realize just how close you live to our place at Lake Village....heck, it's only about 160 miles....and, if it wasn't for, having to take that long detour around the south end of Lake Erling, it prolly would only be about 140 miles, or so.

It looks like you live pretty close to the Red River....years ago, my father-in-law farmed some land, down south of Coushatta, LA, and we fished some of the Red River backwaters quite a bit....it was some awesome crappie fishing.

You ever fish your area of the Red???

Buckrub
02-23-2015, 12:55 PM
There's TWO "Red Rivers" in Arkansas. One north with trout, and one south with........water.

I doubt V got it yesterday. But I did.........this is out my front door this morning. This is snow..........not ice this time.

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk131/Buck7088/Various%20Pics/022015Snow1_zpswajpewx6.jpeg (http://s279.photobucket.com/user/Buck7088/media/Various%20Pics/022015Snow1_zpswajpewx6.jpeg.html)

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk131/Buck7088/Various%20Pics/022015Snow2_zpsobvwzubo.jpeg (http://s279.photobucket.com/user/Buck7088/media/Various%20Pics/022015Snow2_zpsobvwzubo.jpeg.html)

Big Muddy
02-23-2015, 01:05 PM
Actually, we call ours down south the "Little Red", but I'm sure QA knows the one, near him, that I'm talking about.

BarryBobPosthole
02-23-2015, 01:09 PM
The one withthe monstrous alligator gar?

BKB

Buckrub
02-23-2015, 01:33 PM
Snowing here again.

Most years, I have jonquils by now, and grass starting to grow. Buds out on trees.

Thank the good Lord for Global Warming, or I'd be a full popsicle.

Big Muddy
02-23-2015, 01:57 PM
I'd kick Al Gore, square in the nuts, if he was here....maybe that'd jar a warm spell outta him. ;)

quercus alba
02-23-2015, 02:19 PM
The Red ain't like it used to be, Army Corp of Engineers have taken some of the bends out to make it more navigable. The farmers have turned those bends into private duck killing grounds for rich doctors and lawyers. Down around Shreveport they've got a bunch of lock and dams to control the water flow. There's one public boat launch within 30 miles of me, everything else is fenced or private.
In my youth we slew our share of catfish, gasper goo, sturgeon and gar out of the Red. Every now and again, you'd hook something you'd have to break off to keep him from stripping off all your line and breaking it off at the spool. Probably one of them 80lb blue cats. Never fished it for bass or white perch, you could catch the sand bass running every now and then, fast as you can cast then and three more chasing him trying to get them some. Now about all you can do is look at it when you drive across one of the bridges. BTW Lake Erling has been purchased by a private group is gouging people who live on it with dock and boathouse fees as well as a $35 sticker to put your boat in. Everything in southwest arkansas requires big bucks to access.

As far as the weather goes, this started in Texas, I unlike most Arkansans don't hate Texas, but I do wish they'd keep their ice to themselves. I'm supposed to have trees budding now, not icicles hanging off the house. we're getting sleet and freezing rain right now, yesterday was a monsoon

Big Muddy
02-23-2015, 05:34 PM
Dang, QA, I ran my perlimeter over a map of that lake, and it has almost 35 miles of shoreline....that's a big-azzed chunk of water!!!

How much did that group of investors pay for it???....just curious.

Buckrub
02-23-2015, 05:42 PM
I heard about that too.............not a lake I've been on. Dunno who bought it. They are requiring 'stickers' to be purchased if you put your boat in, and a big annual fee, etc. SO I've heard........second hand. The brouhaha is immense, again so I've heard.

P.S.
Snowing AGAIN here, big time.

BUBBA??? How do you deal with this? I'd be insane if this was 1/2 of every year.

Thumper
02-23-2015, 07:02 PM
I've been running the a/c the past 2 days. Beach and bikini weather here (83 degrees here). I'm in shorts, t-shirt and flip-flops ... my daily uniform. ;)