PDA

View Full Version : OMG!!!....Sandy got skunked !!!!!

Big Muddy
02-24-2015, 11:08 AM
Noooo, not that kinda skunked....she got sprayed by a real skunk....then, she ran back into the house, thru her dog door....the whole house is now skunkified, and my eyes are burning.

She WILL be sleeping in the shed, tonite !!!!! ;)

Thumper
02-24-2015, 11:14 AM
You know, I used to do the same thing when I farted in the house ... blame it on the dog!

When's the last time you showered? :D

BarryBobPosthole
02-24-2015, 11:19 AM
Tomato juice works! Just use lots of it. Been there, done that! And like MacManus says, every time she gets wet for the next couple of months, you'll get a good whiff of it.

BKB

Buckrub
02-24-2015, 11:26 AM
Skunk spray here would freeze before it hit anything!

Seriously, that's bad. Maybe she'll learn??? I don't have solution.........never happened to our dogs. Good luck. But I know you....that 'shed' is either nicer than my house, or at least heated.......or you're lying and she'll be in the house. Your wife might be in the shed, but not that dog!!! :)

Big Muddy
02-24-2015, 11:36 AM
HAHAHA....TRUE DAT !!!! ;)

HideHunter
02-24-2015, 11:38 AM
Seriously, that's bad. Maybe she'll learn???

Most don't.. I've had one out of the last half-dozen that did. ;) Fortunately - we don't have a lot of skunks here.

Yep - tomato juice works to some extent. Mostly, makes them smell like a dead skunk floating in a Bloody Mary. ;)

Big Muddy
02-24-2015, 12:03 PM
Wifey read somewhere that placing small bowls of vinegar throughout the house would "neutralize" the skunk scent molecules in the air....now, our house smells like a pickled skunk.

It seems that the skunk molecules have a positive charge, and vinegar has a negative charge(or, visa versa)....the opposite charges attract each other, and the odor is neutralized.

I'll hafta admit, the vinegar seems to be working.

Thumper
02-24-2015, 01:23 PM
I've always heard the tomato juice remedy also ... but never tried it persoanlly.

Not sure about the vinegar, but it sounds reasonable. Kinda-sorta how Febreze works in a way.

http://chemistry.about.com/od/cleanerchemistry/f/how-febreze-works.htm

Chicken Dinner
02-24-2015, 01:56 PM
Wifey read somewhere that placing small bowls of vinegar throughout the house would "neutralize" the skunk scent molecules in the air....now, our house smells like a pickled skunk.

Either that, or Grandma's old red bag...

Thumper
02-24-2015, 02:02 PM
Either that, or Grandma's old red bag...

Bucky has an old, red bag. ;)

Big Muddy
02-24-2015, 02:27 PM
Bucky has an old, red bag. ;)

Haha, yep, and I bet there ain't NO amount of tomato juice, vinegar, gasoline, or battery acid that would remove THAT odor. ;)

Captain
02-24-2015, 02:59 PM

Big Muddy
02-24-2015, 03:02 PM
Cap, that dog looks dead and taxidermied. ;)