PDA

View Full Version : Question for LEO's.

Buckrub
02-25-2015, 07:29 PM
I saw this on another site. I have NO idea about it. I've never thought about this, but I do see a potential problem.

I'll just repeat it verbatim.

Guys???

How hard is it for non law enforcement people to get LEO uniforms?
Every flea market sells black caps with SWAT or DEA or ICE.
I have a strange feeling that the next 9-11 will take place in a crowded area by a bunch of terrorists dressed as SWAT.
How would we know the difference if 50 bad guys dressed in SWAT clothing showed up at Wally World or the Mall?
Uniforms should be protected from the manufacturer all the way to final purchase by only the good guys. I’m talking about lock & key protection.
50 men wearing uniforms, yelling orders and shouting hut, hut, hut. Then they break out in massive gunfire.
So, how secure is the purchasing of uniforms and the places that sell them?

It’s a scary thought, and I probably just made some kind of watch list just for mentioning it.

Captain
02-25-2015, 07:34 PM
In NC its agency to agency depending on policy.
I always required return uniforms and patches.
Some of the guys would trade patches (something about all LEO's do) and I would allow them one or two old ones for that purpose. They would have to put in a request for them.
But some agencies you can have a billions of extra uniforms and "stuff"

Captain
02-25-2015, 07:53 PM
Here you go pick out about any departments patch you want and see them on your shirt and make your own uniform.
http://www.robpatches.com/page2.html

Thumper
02-25-2015, 08:49 PM
Same deal with the military, you can buy mil. surplus at a bazillion places. Plus, you keep all your uniforms when you get out (at least that's the way it was when I was in). There's only so much you can do. Illicit drugs are illegal ... anybody can get them. Keep uniforms under lock and key, somebody will break in and get them. Same with military weapons ... if you want 'em, break into your local armory.

The thing with uniforms and patches even, any tailor can duplicate them. In Asia, NOTHING off the rack (including shoes) fits me. ALL my clothing/shoes was custom tailored. All you do is go to a tailor, pick out a picture from a catalog and say, "Make me a shirt just like that," ... then go in after a couple days and pick it up. I used to use the Sears Catalog. I did the same with custom jewelry, either design my own, or choose a picture from a catalog and have 'em duplicate it. I did that with a diamond/ruby ring for my h/s sweetheart shortly after arriving in Asia.

What'cha gonna do?