PDA

View Full Version : I think I can do this

Buckrub
02-27-2015, 11:27 AM
I am not sure, but I think I can watch this........

in about a half hour, my beautiful 16 year old granddaughter, along with 200 of her high school classmates, are going to assemble in their gym at high school, and have a live broadcast of.........all of them shaving their head. My 12 year old grandson is also doing it at his middle school, but that's not broadcast, and that bugger shaves his head every summer anyway.

This is being done for pediatric cancer kids. Those with longer hair are giving to Locks of Love........but some of these kids with shorter hair are simply doing it out of support for those that can. My granddaughter is in that bunch.

Supposedly, the kids who aren't giving away their hair have spent the weeks leading up to this coloring their hair blue and green and whatever. So, I dunno what I'm going to see.

I guess......it'll grow back! Proud of her, of course.........but still gonna be hard to watch.

LJ3
02-27-2015, 11:41 AM
Good for her. It does sound like it could be hard to watch. It's a little weird as well. And that much hair on the floor at once is a little on the nasty side.

But good for your Kin!

Big Muddy
02-27-2015, 11:47 AM
Very nobile gesture and cause.

DeputyDog
02-27-2015, 12:08 PM
That's awesome! Are they doing it because of someone in their school or town that has cancer, or just for pediatric cancer patients in general?

Buckrub
02-27-2015, 12:12 PM
In their area, but not any specific kids.

Feed is not working........yet..........not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing! :)

DeputyDog
02-27-2015, 12:39 PM
That makes it even more of a great thing, doing it for patients in general and not just for someone they know.

Buckrub
02-27-2015, 02:52 PM
Reprieve.

CO Springs had school snow delay, and they postponed this till next week.