PDA

View Full Version : Oh?? Really????

Buckrub
02-27-2015, 12:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=a3IWq3CXHyc#t=16

Yes, this is a Youtube. First one I've posted in about a year. FWIW.

But this guy..........can anyone imagine if "W" was doing all this, what the outcry would be?? How does this guy get away with it all????

BarryBobPosthole
02-27-2015, 12:56 PM
Like somebody else I know........your hypocrisy knows no bounds.

BKB

Buckrub
02-27-2015, 12:57 PM
Sorta like my waist.

But thanks!

Hard to understand why you say what you do, though. But oh well. It's my opinion. Hard to imagine watching that, and then telling ME that I have hypocrisy! I did have to laugh, sorry.

BarryBobPosthole
02-27-2015, 01:06 PM
It was a quote from a movie dillweed. And it was about the fact you're a fickle as a schoolgirl when it comes to innerwebs stuff like Youtube, not about the content of your video. By the way, you can imbed them you know, so they don't look like a nekkid link.

BKB

Captain
02-27-2015, 01:11 PM
He's ya huckleberry, Posty

Buckrub
02-27-2015, 01:14 PM
I don't know how. Honest.

and.......I don't care for the ones that have an ad first..........which is what I've said. But I did used to hate all of them. Sort of like Democrats. But I've grown, some at least. Now I just hate the ones with ads first. I do use it for examples of how to do stuff. And I saw this one, and it hit me that this guy is just getting away with murder, and no one challenges him on this stuff, and that none of his predecessors could have done that. And if this had been a print version, I'd have posted that.

But I'll try and not post any more Youtubes. I know you hate bitching, and I don't want to give you more fodder to bitch about.

:toothy

Buckrub
02-27-2015, 01:15 PM
He's ya huckleberry, Posty

What is a huckleberry? Is that a compliment or a put down?

Chicken Dinner
02-27-2015, 01:38 PM
It's a famous line from the same movie. Doc Holiday (Val Kilmer) tells Johnny Ringo, "I'll be your huckleberry." In response to his challenge.

BaseballCoach (Rev A)
02-27-2015, 06:35 PM
Good movie. Bucky, you really don't know what a huckleberry is?

Buckrub
02-27-2015, 06:37 PM
I do now. Not sure how Cappy meant it........but maybe I deserved it, who knows. I probably did/do.

Captain
02-27-2015, 06:46 PM
Shaking my head...
I was only following up on Posthole's reference to Tombstone. My favorite movie of all time.
But JUST to clarify huckleberry....

The "Historical Dictionary of American Slang" which is a multivolume work, has about a third of a column of citations documenting this meaning all through the latter 19th century.

So "I'm your huckleberry" means "I'm just the man you're looking for!"

Now ain't that a daisy!

The "Daisy" comment is easier. In the late 19th century "daisy" was a common slang term for "the best in it's class." So for "daisy" just substitute "the best" and you'll have it. It was a short-lived idiom and doesn't seem to be popular much after 1890.

Buckrub
02-27-2015, 06:48 PM
Well, I'll swan.

It's on here that I find out just how dumb I really am.

Seriously.

BarryBobPosthole
02-27-2015, 08:17 PM
Huckleberries are mountain blueberries where I come from. Dang good eating too. Makes excellent jelly.

BKB

Captain
02-27-2015, 09:25 PM
Thumper must be out of town.... He would have spun that huckleberry to a dingleberry comment in a minute.