PDA

View Full Version : Techie Help......

Buckrub
03-02-2015, 01:38 PM
Crazy.

I can not go to www.walmart.com without locking up my computer. I've done it before, even have an account there, have ordered from there. Now, all of a sudden, anytime I go to that site, it begins to load, and then just hangs up. I've even left it overnight to see if it's just a matter of so much graphics that it takes a long time to load.........no dice.

I've tried it with IE, Firefox, and Chrome. Same thing.

NO other site does this.

?????????????????????????

BarryBobPosthole
03-02-2015, 01:46 PM
Dump your cookies and try it. I have no idea if it'll fix it but I just wanted to write 'dump your cookies'.

BKB

LJ3
03-02-2015, 01:48 PM
use IE, hit F12 and clear all your cache. Try again. That's how you dump your cookies the right way :)

BarryBobPosthole
03-02-2015, 02:16 PM
Or.......bust out the Sea Foam!

BKB

Buckrub
03-02-2015, 03:32 PM
Firefox is default. Hate IE. Not sure what this phone uses. But works fine on phone.

LJ3
03-02-2015, 03:44 PM
Safari if it's an iPhone.

Captain
03-02-2015, 03:50 PM
Safari if it's an iPhone.
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAA!!!!!
Bucky with an iPhone. Len wins non-noticer of the year!
His phone prolly is running Netscape.😜

LJ3
03-02-2015, 03:58 PM
Bite me!

Buckrub
03-02-2015, 07:11 PM
Didn't work. Caused major issues.

Cleared Firefox cache and cookies. Firefox then would not restart. No matter what!

Went to IE11 and walmart.com loaded. But when I try to just give up and make IE11 my default, and import bookmarks/favorites from Firefox into IE11, it won't list Firefox as an option. Only Chrome, which I rarely use.

Walmart.com will now work on IE11..........but, it still locks up my entire browser if I try to open it with Firefox.

I HATE IE11, but......... don't know what to do other than either A) use Firefox without it being default browser (not good), or B) Try to rebuild every single 10,000 of my favorites in IE11, which sucks.

All this because something in Walmart.com is hosing up Firefox.

Sunshine
03-02-2015, 07:20 PM
Might be something else on net Bucky!!
Our whole medical facilities, including the hospitals computers, are all down.
Doctors can't see patients. Can't get their medical records.
Hope it hasn't been hacked. :(

Buckrub
03-02-2015, 07:26 PM
No. This issue has been going on for weeks. Only one site, using only one browser. Probably not going to get a remote answer online..........

Thumper
03-02-2015, 08:31 PM
I don't have a clue about these sorts of things, but if it helps any, the link you posted above loads instantaneously on my iPhone as well as my computer (Chrome).

Buckrub
03-02-2015, 08:44 PM
Yeah, I'm convinced it's some setting on my computer, or on MY Firefox. I just can't find it.

Only wild thought I have is Shockwave........walmart.com uses it. But.........well, I dunno. It's frustrating!

BarryBobPosthole
03-02-2015, 09:07 PM
When you go to the walmart site om Firefox, can you tell if there's any change to the url before it blows up? I'm wondering if malware has somehow infected your browser or something got corrupted. Butthat's be a cookie issue amd you tried that. Strange. I think I might make sure i had the latest version of firefox too.

BKB

Buckrub
03-02-2015, 10:27 PM
Have latest version...36.0.

It loads, mostly........but in about 3 seconds it sits and spins and nothing can be done in that browser again, period. I can bring up Email, or Excel, but any clicking in that browser does nothing. If I start Task Manager (the only way to kill it), it says Firefox is 'not responding'.

Thumper
03-03-2015, 12:01 AM
OH!!!! Why didn't you say so in the first place and save a lot of time? NOW I know what's wrong!

Firefox is not responding! Sheeeesh, I should'a known.

You're welcome. ;)