PDA

View Full Version : Is biased news still news?

Buckrub
03-06-2015, 12:26 AM
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/conncarroll/2015/03/02/obama-very-interested-in-raising-taxes-through-executive-action-n1964629#%21

http://cnsnews.com/commentary/phil-kerpen/america-brink-losing-constitutional-form-government-forever

Here's a couple of obvious editorials...........and I didn't search for them (neither did they come via email), but I stumbled onto them. I read a lot of everything.

But they both contain obvious 'news', or facts, that I had no idea about before reading these. So, are they news? Can I ignore the bias? More, should I? If bias is towards something truthful, is it still bias? Is there good bias and bad bias?

The world is significantly changing. I'm thinking it's best to know what's going on.

But maybe not! :)

Niner
03-06-2015, 06:42 AM
Funny thing. I had pretty much quit watcing the news and was mostly just getting news updates by listening to the local radio station. Since we got "the news" last week, I haven't had the desire to watch/listen to ANY "newscast" at all. Heck, someone had to tell me via text that this big winter snowstorm was coming!!!!

Contrary to popular belief, there ain't squat that I can do to effect the outcome of whatever the Political Class is doing. I have the option of voting, and do so at every opportunity....but that with that option pretty much gone now, I'm agonnna live my life OUT of the 24/7 news cycle. Sortof like we all did back before CNN/FOXNEWS/etc came along.

I guess you could say my giveadamn is pretty much busted.
:angry1 :swordfight :headbang :sleeping :usa :waving

BarryBobPosthole
03-06-2015, 10:04 AM
Me too, Niner! My state legislature provides enough entertainment value that all I need any more is the local paper it seems!

BKB

LJ3
03-06-2015, 10:32 AM
I do grow weary of constantly having to evaluate and discern the bias of the source of what I'm reading or hearing. But no, I don't think there's such a thing as unbiased news any longer. Though I'm not sure there ever has been. It's just that it's way easier to see these days.

Buckrub
03-06-2015, 11:11 AM
Good points.

I don't go out of my way to find 'news'. But I stumble across stuff sometimes.........or am looking for one story and find another, or such. Seems there are kernels of truth in all of it, but mostly b/s. So, if I'm wanting the truth on the issue, I have to dig and discern. Ticks me off.

Then I find out later that the guys I thought I trusted about giving me news, were not good......been a lot of them in last 10 years. Makes me wanna give up. There is SOME news about today's stuff that I'm thinking we need to know. Where to find it........I dunno anymore.

johnboy
03-06-2015, 11:15 AM
I find myself careing less and less about more and more. Looking forward to the day when I care nothing about everything. Ignorant bliss!

LJ3
03-06-2015, 11:31 AM
apathy is exactly what Mussolini wants! Wake up people!