PDA

View Full Version : Lets watch spring grow

jb
03-10-2015, 03:14 PM
I've always posted pictures of the different stages of fall looking at my back yard.
I thought I'd show you what springs looks like as it grows into summer.
Yesterday was the first time it reached above freezing since last Nov., we just recorded our coldest Feb. on record.
So yesterday it got up to 50, today about 48. Rest of the week is forecast to be about the same.
Snow disappears really fast with these temps and a little wind.
So here is what it looks like today, March 10.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v460/jbmich/001_zpsj8gmqjgl.jpg
March 16.
We've had some warmer temps last week, Lost maybe half the snow cover, what we need is a warm spring rain to get rid of the rest.
Mid 40s today, but high 30's for the rest of the week
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v460/jbmich/001_zpssz7lhopn.jpg

Thumper
03-10-2015, 03:56 PM
Starting to look a little shabby there Bubba ... you need to cut that grass! No wait! I'm thinkin' of MY yard! :D

LJ3
03-10-2015, 04:28 PM
Bring it on Bubba! Got any daffodils or crocus up that way?

Sunshine
03-10-2015, 06:53 PM
Where's your fence?
Everything blooming here.
Been sunny blue skies and 60's for a week.
Forecast rain tomorrow.

BarryBobPosthole
03-10-2015, 07:10 PM
My elms budded about two weeks ago and there had to have been some kind of record this year from the amount of seeds. Been cleaning them out of my pool skimmers daily. I don't know how they do it. They seemingly get bit by hard freezes every year but elms pop up everywhere. The only thing worse than volunteer elms in my yard is volunteer pecans andthat's because of the damn squacks.

Ah spring! Bring it on Bubba! Gonna be 70s here tomorrow and Birddog and I are going fishing.

BKB

Niner
03-10-2015, 08:14 PM
Well, be sure to post something up in the Fishing Forum.
YES....we have a Fighing Forum now, and it needs some new pics and stories.

BaseballCoach (Rev A)
03-10-2015, 09:13 PM
The ground is still about 20% covered with snow here in VA. Had our first HS baseball scrimmage last night and it was too cold to be playing ball but it sure was nice to be outside. Practice has been going on for over two weeks, last night was the first time the boys got to play on anything but a gym floor. My oldest was happy catching, at least he was warm.

jb
03-16-2015, 09:53 AM
up to top