PDA

View Full Version : Bless old Posty's adopted homeland......

Buckrub
03-11-2015, 02:30 PM
First, OU frat gets in a mess.

And Posty says he gets his humor from reading bills his state legislature proposes......(don't we all!!!). But now this!

I gots me a feelin' that Posty won't believe me..........but I think this is THE ANSWER to the 'marriage question'. Get government out of it entirely, and simply file a document with them (over which they have little control) that says X and Y are married.

Voila.

http://reason.com/blog/2015/03/11/oklahoma-bill-would-legalize-gay-marriag

Thumper
03-11-2015, 03:08 PM
Well, I got 3/4 of the way through it and lost interest. I just figure if Bob wants to marry Tom ... or Sally wants to marry Betty, who cares? Fine with me.

Buckrub
03-11-2015, 03:38 PM
Wasn't about your opinion of marriage, dingbat. :)

Was about a state legislature taking government out of the marriage business.

Big Muddy
03-11-2015, 03:42 PM
Me, too, Thump....nobody is gonna change their minds....they can marry their pet spider monkey, as far as I'm concerned. ;)

Thumper
03-11-2015, 04:10 PM
Wasn't about your opinion of marriage, dingbat. :)

Was about a state legislature taking government out of the marriage business.

And all the better ...

Buckrub
03-11-2015, 04:20 PM
Then you shoulda said "Hey, that's a good idea" instead of what you did.

Right?

(left, right, left, right........)

:)

BarryBobPosthole
03-11-2015, 05:18 PM
My feeling on this is that if the state wants to get out of the marriage bidness then fine and dandy. But if they do that, then they got no bidness in the divorce bidness either. (the purported reason for this is that court clerks the legislator knew were uncomfortable issue married licenses to gays becauseit offended their religious beliefs)

I'm proud of the liberty in my state but its basically ran by a bunch of dumb fucks right now. This and the bill to eliminate AP history are real cake toppers.

BKB

Thumper
03-11-2015, 05:44 PM
Hey Bucky! That's a GREAT idea!

Happy now? Sheesh!

I would think most of those clerks are "offended" due to their supposed religious beliefs. P-hole brings up a good point. Shouldn't divorce be just as offensive?

BarryBobPosthole
03-11-2015, 05:49 PM
Hell yeah. Its the state law that says I had to give my ex half of my shit! They can't have it both ways.

BKB

Buckrub
03-11-2015, 05:56 PM
Of course. You're both right.

Thumper
03-11-2015, 06:05 PM
Hell yeah. Its the state law that says I had to give my ex half of my shit! They can't have it both ways.

BKB

You got off lucky! Only half? Heck, mine cost me about 99%! I felt guilty (the divorce was MY fault as I just never could keep my pecker in my pants) and I gave my ex just about everything from the get-go. Then when we went in for the legal divorce, the judge told me everything I'd already given up was a GIFT ... now he would split what was left! Heck, about the only thing I had left after that was my clothes!

BarryBobPosthole
03-11-2015, 07:09 PM
I'd love to see lawyers here that specialize in divorce (mine didn't hers did) have to go live under the fucking bridge down by the river. And yeah, there's hate there.

BKb

Niner
03-12-2015, 07:45 AM
Me not see blank to fill in?????