PDA

View Full Version : College Basketball

BarryBobPosthole
03-12-2015, 09:02 PM
Tournament season is here! Bedlam basketball tonight!

Some observations.....

I'm looking forward to seeing Kentucky stumble in the first or second round. I will laugh and laugh and laugh.

West Virginia is an enigma. They're world beaters, then they suck. That press is fun to watch.

Robert Morris will make it to the Sweet Sixteen.

BKB

Buckrub
03-12-2015, 09:21 PM
Kentucky lose?

Why, are the Lakers in the NCAA?

I seem to have as much interest in 'my team' as ever. And finally we are somewhat relevant again. Fun to watch. I'm tickled to death. BUT, this is the 2-3 week period when in the past I've stayed up all night to watch every game in the first round, and knew a lot about many other teams. Somehow, for some reason, this year I'm not. I'll watch, I'm a fan, but..........I'm sick of KY and Calipari (when do you reckon he'll be discovered THIS time?) and Boheim and his attitude, and a lot of other stuff........and of the NBA forcing schools to sign a kid for one year, and fans suffering........and.........a lot of stuff. I am interested! Just not like I was.

quercus alba
03-12-2015, 10:55 PM
40 minutes of "excuse me" defense featuring a layup and dunk exhibition by our opponents followed closely a 38% shooting night by my hogs> I love em but I have ZERO faith in Mike Andersons coaching ability. THE PRESS IS DEAD long live the 3-2 zone

Buckrub
03-12-2015, 11:17 PM
Well, there is that possibility. The double team trap in the corner on a throw-in after a made basket is killing us. Everyone breaks it, then it's 5 on 3.

Still, so much better than Heath and Pelphrey, no?

Buckrub
03-12-2015, 11:39 PM
And even Eddie has to be happy........Ole Misery lost on the weirdest ending I've seen in some time. One four point play and one 3 free throw play in the last 2 seconds. BUT, now SEC won't get but 3 teams in NCAA...... SEC still has to get much better overall, and play more high caliber teams.

Buckrub
03-14-2015, 09:44 AM
Easy to dislike certain people and programs.......here's a Squid Man quote from yesterday:

when someone asked Calipari on Thursday which teams he most feared facing in the NCAA tournament, and he said what he said, people will inevitably point to his answer as hubris, or as an example of a head coach looking past the next game, when all it really was ... was a joke.

"They called the Lakers and they can't pull out of the NBA, so they won't be in there," Calipari said. "If we have to see Oklahoma City or Cleveland, those would be tough."

BarryBobPosthole
03-14-2015, 10:07 AM
My complaint this year is officiating, at least in the Big 12. Its the inconsistency that is frustrating to watch. They're too damn susceptible to the crowd getting on them and some coaches (Lon Kruger included) can work them like puppets. They'll call ticky tacky shit and then when some team gets hot they get away with mugging without a foul being called. Its gotta be frustraring for the players. Officiating is at an all time low both in basketball and football.

BKB

Buckrub
03-14-2015, 10:11 AM
My complaint this year is officiating, at least in the Big 12. Its the inconsistency that is frustrating to watch. They're too damn susceptible to the crowd getting on them and some coaches (Lon Kruger included) can work them like puppets. They'll call ticky tacky shit and then when some team gets hot they get away with mugging without a foul being called. Its gotta be frustraring for the players. Officiating is at an all time low both in basketball and football.

BKB

Now see? When you offer well thought out, intelligent comments here on important subjects, like this one.......you and I can agree!!

Ref's stunk the whole NCAA last year, and I didn't even have a dog in the hunt. They are too slow, they anticipate, they can't believe that kids can do X or Y, so they blow the whistle on what they think SHOULD have happened. The game need four refs, bad.

So get used to it. It'll cost somebody a game sometime.

Oh, and all this huddling around a camera for five minutes to check something, is insane. Stop it already. Play ball!!!

Thumper
03-14-2015, 10:17 AM
Now see? When you offer well thought out, intelligent comments here on important subjects, like this one.......you and I can agree!!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! So, let me get this straight .... P-hole's comments are only "well thought out and intelligent" if YOU agree with them? :laughing

Buckrub
03-14-2015, 10:24 AM
Well, yeah.

Duh.

Thumper
03-14-2015, 10:30 AM
:biggrin