PDA

View Full Version : They grow them big in Arkansas!

johnboy
03-13-2015, 11:39 AM
No, not those. Trouts! Not sure where the White River is or how close you are Bucky but it might be fun to try a cast or two there.

http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/outposts/post/arkansas-angler-lands-enormous-brown-trout/

Buckrub
03-13-2015, 11:49 AM
Been there a lot. World record brown and rainbow has been from there several times. Friend of mine lives on the river.

Pretty place........very busy place, lots of folks fish it.

johnboy
03-13-2015, 11:59 AM
That is a real pretty fish. Sometimes big browns look, well, ugly but that is a beaut!

Thumper
03-13-2015, 12:04 PM
I'm suprised nobody is hollering photoshop. Wow! What a monster!

Buckrub
03-13-2015, 12:28 PM
I'm suprised nobody is hollering photoshop. Wow! What a monster!

No way it's photoshop. Heck, that's not even the biggest:

Remarkably, it’s only the third-largest brown trout caught in Arkansas, the largest being a 40.4-pounder caught from the Little Red River in 1992.

BarryBobPosthole
03-13-2015, 12:36 PM
When you fish that river, its hard to imagine where those big girls could live. But browns go up the feeder creeks to spawn so they're not susceptible to the rise and fall of the river like the rainbows are. I imagine that's how wild born fish like that can exist. And once the minimum flows get established on the Norfork, you'll see rainbows like that size in less time than you'd imagine.
Love those rivers, love those fish! I missed our annual trek over there to fish them. Trav and the boys caught some biggins though.

BKB

Buckrub
03-13-2015, 12:37 PM
Now that you are retired, you should try and cultivate more friends in such places...........

Trav
03-13-2015, 08:49 PM
We like to stay at the Y Cabins, it's on the confluence of the White and Norfolk rivers. That way we can spend a couple days fishing each river. I caught my largest rainbow this year it was about 5 lbs, Jeans buddy Jason went two weeks after us and caught a 15 lbs brown. It's really a great trip and I am always up to going again Barry if you want or anybody for that matter.