PDA

View Full Version : Public Relations 101

BarryBobPosthole
03-14-2015, 05:12 PM
If you're a frat at an Oklahoma college and you get caught hollering shit you shouldn't holler, at least in public, it proudly not a good idea to hire the attorney that represented Timothy McVeigh. Not a smooth move, Exlax.
BKB

Thumper
03-14-2015, 05:21 PM
My brother was SAE at the University of Southern Mississippi. I've been texting him all week and giving him all sorts of grief ... just because I can! It's easy for me to get under his skin since he's now a Northern California Liberal. :D

Heck, SAE was founded at the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa and they've been around since the mid-1800's. Maybe they still have those "old school" southern roots. ;)

Buckrub
03-14-2015, 05:49 PM
They're idiots.

But how was it in public?

BarryBobPosthole
03-14-2015, 06:46 PM
Everyone on that bus wasn't SAE. There were dates and others that were invited along.

Just wondering but what dofference does that make?

BKB

Buckrub
03-14-2015, 06:58 PM
I don't know. You thought it did, it seemed. You mentioned it. I was wondering. I still wouldn't call it 'in public' though. Other than that, you are right.

They need to be taken off campus, revoked, whatever. You can't act that way.

But.........I do wonder what it takes to rise to the level of "Outrage" in this country. If you burn down your town and local businesses, and riot in the streets over what turns out to be a legal act, and shoot at police........and there's nowhere near the "outrage" at all levels across the US that this event has created, I have to wonder.

Me? I think BOTH are despicable. But no one at OU was actually physically hurt on that bus, or anywhere else. Offended, yes. Rightfully so!!! Muy Rightfully so. But you can't say anyone was actually hurt.

BarryBobPosthole
03-14-2015, 07:09 PM
Well, don't blame me because the sensitivity knobs are jacked up so high on this and most other racial issues. There's real substantial stuff that OU has been working on in this area already and its been done in a positive and proactive way which is how stuff ought to be done vs the other way.

Folks are worked up about race these days but I don't claim to understand it. What I do know is it ain't the media's fault, and it ain't Al Sharpton's fault and personally I don't think there's any understanding of what a society without racial bias even is. That seems to be the root of it. People of color shout 'Racism' and people not of color shout back 'No it ain't!' and we go round and round the bush until we all turn into butter. No wait, that was Little....i'm so confused.

BKB

Buckrub
03-14-2015, 07:42 PM
I wasn't pointing that at you in any way. It was just something that hit me about outrage in this country.

I know what I think about race, and race relations, and such. That's all I know. Well, that, and that no one who claims that it is an issue that needs to be discussed is willing to discuss it.

but by the way, what IS Al Sharpton's fault if he's not at fault for failing to further meaningful race relations? Anything?

And "people not of color"???? I had to laugh, man. I'm sorry, nothing personal at all.......but I did. I still am. That was funny.

LJ3
03-14-2015, 09:02 PM
The media may not be responsible for racism but they sure as hell make the situation much worse. Same goes for Sharpton and his ilk.

No idea what can be done about it except wait for racists to die.

BarryBobPosthole
03-14-2015, 09:17 PM
Well, you can blame those people if you want to. I pretty much thought it was a bunch of frat rats who were singing those songs. Guess I was wrong.

BKB

LJ3
03-14-2015, 09:29 PM
Them too... But they have foot soldiers of the message.

Buckrub
03-14-2015, 09:29 PM
You're too smart to not be able to do two things at once.

I blamed the Frat Boys, above, multiple times. You either didn't read it or .....something.

THEN, we discussed Race Relations in general. I didn't blame anyone other than the Frat Boys for what happened, and you are dreaming if you think I did. "We" moved on from that discussion to one of what is required to rise to the level of Outrage in this country. And THEN I responded to YOUR bringing up Al Sharpton and asking why he isn't to blame for Race Relations Problems in this country.........and somehow you leaped to accusing me of blaming him and others for the OU deal.

??????

BarryBobPosthole
03-14-2015, 09:48 PM
I was smarting off to Len. Try to keep up.

Its frustrating when the truth about things are twisted by the media, or by politicians trying to stake a claim, or by the parasites of our society like Al Sharpton. That twisting, by the way, when I recently pointed out something that was publish but not true you replied with 'well it could have been true' as if that'sthe acid test for facts. So yeah, that frustration goes around the whole block.

The facts as I see them is we have people claiming they are pretty routinely subjected to racism. Ironically, we have other people that say that can't possibly be true. And we wonder why the chasm these days! Both sides can't be right! Which one is depends more on a version of the truth rather than the truth itself. And that's all I'm gonna say about that.

BKB

Buckrub
03-14-2015, 09:55 PM
I was smarting off to Len. Try to keep up.

Its frustrating when the truth about things are twisted by the media, or by politicians trying to stake a claim, or by the parasites of our society like Al Sharpton. That twisting, by the way, when I recently pointed out something that was publish but not true you replied with 'well it could have been true' as if that'sthe acid test for facts. So yeah, that frustration goes around the whole block.

The facts as I see them is we have people claiming they are pretty routinely subjected to racism. Ironically, we have other people that that can't possibly be true. And we wonder why the chasm these days! Both sides can't be right! Which one is depends more one a version of the truth rather than the truth itself. And that's all I'm gonna say about that.

BKB

No.

I did not say "Well, it could have been true". I refuted that at the time. I did NOT say that. Period.

I published an article that showed that no definitive PROOF existed, empirical proof, of something involving Hillary. It was you that accepted common thought as truth, not me. I simply challenged that there was evidentiary facts missing to prove your point was right. And then I said all that in contention to you, and you never responded, apparently assuming you'd made your point and had no need to respond further. I'm guessing.

Here are some 'facts' for you. It's not all generalizations, no matter how much most of America tries to make it so.

-Many people of all possible human skin color schemes are subject to racism at some points.

-Many of those people are not subject to racism all the time.

-Many people who complain that racism still exists in their life have NO racism in their life at all.

-Many people who never complain about racism in their lives experience racism in their lives.

-Every human is racial. There are some that are racists.

-This subject cannot be discussed validly, and I happen to think that this very post is a microcosm of that problem.

Buckrub
03-14-2015, 09:57 PM
And if you are responding to a post where two posters are posting, and you say "you", then YOU need to say which YOU YOU mean.

Don'tcha?

Buckrub
03-14-2015, 09:59 PM
And here is the post I made that said you didn't have PROOF that the Hillary firing was a lie, and I posted a newspaper article on the subject, which I can only assume you did not read.

How do you PROVE it's not true???? It can't be 100% corroborated, but it has a lot of evidentially acceptable facts in it..........

Read this:

http://jacksonville.com/reason/fact-...-investigation

Buckrub
03-14-2015, 10:00 PM
All this to show that the old adage is true......Arguing with a Liberal is like trying to nail jello to the wall.

Red Jello in this case. :waving

BarryBobPosthole
03-14-2015, 11:44 PM
I guess that makes you the brown jello.

BKB

Niner
03-15-2015, 05:07 AM
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????

Our History
SAE USA

SAE was established in Australia as the School of Audio Engineering in 1976, making it the world’s first audio engineering institute. The early success of SAE and the demand for our practical, theory-based and industry relevant training quickly led to the establishment of other campuses across the world. SAE Institute has vastly expanded its curriculum and global network, now offering a diverse array of creative media instruction at more than 50 campuses around the world, to industry and academic acclaim.

SAE Institute first came to the U.S. in 1998, with the opening of a campus in Midtown New York City. Soon after, campuses were opened in six other U.S. locations. Today, our seven USA campuses continue to uphold the proud tradition of SAE Institute, furthering our mission to provide relevant theory and practice in arts and sciences within the creative media industry for talented, creative young minds who are seeking to gain a deeper knowledge and appreciation for their craft.
SAE International

Following on from the success of SAE in Australia, the first foreign SAE campus was opened in London in 1985. As in Australia, in the international arena SAE proved to be highly successful in providing a quality, practical and theoretical curriculum to aspiring professionals in the music industry.

Not long after the London campus was opened, SAE established its first European institute in Munich. Munich was to be the first of many foreign language SAE Institutes worldwide.

SAE was well established in Europe, Asia and New Zealand by the mid-90s. The first of our 7 campuses opened in the USA in 1998.

From humble Sydney studio beginnings, SAE today spans the globe with 53 campuses in 27 countries. Beginning with Audio, SAE International has evolved over the years, and now also offers qualifications in other creative media disciplines – Animation, Design, Film, Games, and Web & Mobile.

All SAE courses follow the founding principles of SAE – high quality, industry-focused, practical and theoretical education options for creative and talented individuals.

Thumper
03-15-2015, 09:25 AM
Ha! Well Niner, I don't know if you're joking around or just confused. Since there's no smiley face at the end of your post, I'm assuming you got lost somewhere along the line. (??) We're talking about college fraternities here. In THIS thread, SAE = Sigma Alpha Epsilon NOT School of Audio Engineering.

Here's THEIR history ...

http://www.sae.net/page.aspx?pid=756

Or did I simply miss the whole point of your post and fall for some good old-fashioned Georgia S/D'ing? :D

What I can't believe is while this country is going to Hell in a hand-basket ... the National News is concentrating on a chant by a group of teenaged frat boys. Sheeesh!

Buckrub
03-15-2015, 09:57 AM
Thump, your last sentence is the basis for my posts above. I agree.

HideHunter
03-15-2015, 10:04 AM
What I can't believe is while this country is going to Hell in a hand-basket ... the National News is concentrating on a chant by a group of teenaged frat boys. Sheeesh!

and this is a lot of what I'm having problems with.. Choose your battles for cripes sake. As I understand it most of these kids were freshmen.. You ain't going to believe this - but I did some pretty dumb shit when I was 18 -19 years old. Thank God movie cameras were as big as your head and Al hadn't invented the internet. I've said it before.. I have tried *very* hard all my adult life not so to be racist. I'm having more problems with it now after experiencing a black president than I was before. The freaking "stereotypes" keep creeping in. Not the way that's supposed to work, right?

and along that line, if I have to stand in line at the grocery store behind one more fat Mexican woman (and there seems to be a proliferation - they don't all look the same), who professes not to speak English - with a cart full of groceries, beer and cigarettes - three cards to pay for the groceries and a roll of bill for the beer and smokes.. I'm changing my name and going to quit paying taxes.

LJ3
03-15-2015, 11:50 AM
New baby name Brownjello!

BarryBobPosthole
03-15-2015, 12:20 PM

Here's the real irony: the King of Yammering dissin’ somebody for yammering.

BKB

Thumper
03-15-2015, 01:04 PM
I got'cher yammer hangin' right here Okieboy!

Niner
03-15-2015, 01:38 PM
Well.....since I've stopped watching (and listening) to ALL news, I could just as easily have said Society of American Engineers.....

:biggrin :biggrin :biggrin