PDA

View Full Version : Booked

Buckrub
03-18-2015, 04:44 PM
Just booked a guide for 2 days last of April on Toledo Bend, for four of us.

Maybe it'll stop snowing by then!!

BarryBobPosthole
03-18-2015, 04:46 PM
That's been on my bucket list for a lng time. Hopeyou kill 'em!

BKB

jb
03-18-2015, 04:53 PM
I remember years ago when I just got into Great Lakes Salmon fishing I'd just bought a new boat and wanted to take a few fellow teachers out for the first time.
It was the weekend of April 20, we hauled the boat to a port on Southern Lake Michigan, boat slept 5 adults. We woke up to a frost covered boat, but a bright clear sunny morning.
Headed out on Lake Michigan early in the AM and fished up and down the shore for early Brown Trout. Ended up catching 5 and losing a few more.
Near late afternoon the wind shifted from off shore to on shore and we kept seeing this silver sheen on the horizon. Being new to boating we thought it was the sun on the water. When we decided to pack up and head back to port the silver sheen had just about made it to the channel entrance, it was ice, fairly thick ice. If we had waited about half an hour longer my new boat would have been ice bound and who knows what would have happened.
Even in late spring that chit is out there, hope your trip is warm, sunny and full of fish.

Buckrub
03-18-2015, 05:04 PM
If there's ice on Toledo Bend in April, I'm gonna bet heavily that Global Warming is a myth. Only ice will be in glasses at that point!

Buckrub
03-19-2015, 12:56 PM
Massive conflicts..............I hate coordinating!

Finally got it all done, but had to move it to week of May 10-17, rebooked guide for May 11-12.

Big Skyz
03-19-2015, 01:08 PM
Buckrub for those of us not familiar with Toledo Bend fishing, (meaning me), what are you fishing for?

BarryBobPosthole
03-19-2015, 01:22 PM
It'll all be over by May. You'll be in the cHicken Coop after the chickens have all gone somewheres else.

BKB

Buckrub
03-19-2015, 01:41 PM
BS, crappie.

Posthole, Guide says that's the best time, better than April. I know Chicken Coop is traditional Feb/Mar but not when Global Frosting affects us all! Besides, the lake, for first time in years, is too high, and should be back down by then.

BarryBobPosthole
03-19-2015, 01:45 PM
I can almost smell it. You'd best take some pics.

BKb

Buckrub
03-19-2015, 01:52 PM
Sincerely hope I don't have time to!

Big Skyz
03-19-2015, 03:18 PM
I hope you have lots of reasons to!!!