PDA

View Full Version : A definite income descrepancy!

Thumper
03-19-2015, 09:46 AM
Well, we're excited about our upcoming cruise and have all our paperwork and passports ready etc. We'll start the preliminary packing this weekend just so next weekend won't be a mad rush with possible surprises. I just looked at pics of our cabin compared to my sis and BIL's cabin. Bummer. :(

Their's ...

http://www.hollandamerica.com/images/cruise-vacation-onboard/ships/NO/520XDlxVerSuite.jpg

Ours ... :(

http://www.hollandamerica.com/images/cruise-vacation-onboard/ships/NO/520XInside.jpg

Oh well, we plan on partying in THEIR cabin ... all we need is a place to shower and sleep. ;)

Chicken Dinner
03-19-2015, 09:55 AM
Somebody has to go in steerage...

Thumper
03-19-2015, 10:01 AM
When I called for the booking ... I asked the agent to give us the cheapest cabin available ... told her I didn't care if it was a bottom deck, inside cabin butted up against the engine room! ;)

Our cabin is about $3000 less the my sis/BIL's cabin ... but I'll bet we have just as much fun. :D

(note: So far, we've already been given four free cabin upgrades ... partly since we've cruised with this line previously)

DeputyDog
03-19-2015, 11:02 AM
Not much time is spent in the cabins anyway, so why not go cheap if you can.

Buckrub
03-19-2015, 11:41 AM
From destitute to cruises! Congrats Man. Ebay On!

Thumper
03-19-2015, 03:40 PM
That's exactly it Bucky. I told Lynn a few years back that we'd simply suck it up, tighten our belts and figure a way to make it on our income. We cut corners where I didn't even know corners existed and we've learned to do without an awful lot. When I started dabbling with eBay, the first priority was to contribute to her IRA, kick in a bit for good "insurance" (AFLAC over and above her company insurance) ... and the balance would be "play money" ... but strictly BUDGETED fun. Her comped hotel rooms through Hyatt helps a lot ... so weekend trips are a minimal expense ... and we do many of them. This cruise is something we've wanted to do for a while as we really enjoy cruises but just haven't had the funds. We're looking forward to it.

Buckrub
03-19-2015, 03:49 PM
GOOD FOR YOU, DIPWAD! GO FOR IT.

Hope it's a nekkid cruise, and YOU take pictures and NONE are of you and you have a blast and don't drown or get pirated or eat bad sushi and get sunburned.

Thumper
03-19-2015, 04:11 PM
Ha! Well, one of the stops does have a nude beach .... but I've "been there, done that" ... it twernt like the movies ... just a bunch of old fart men with saggy balls and old women with saggy tits. I think I'll pass this time around. :(

Buckrub
03-19-2015, 04:15 PM
Why? You alone would fit in with both!!!

Thumper
03-19-2015, 04:18 PM
Bite me! (problem is, there's a lot of truth to that these days) Getting old sucks!

Big Muddy
03-19-2015, 04:19 PM
Yep, watch out for the strange food....it'll give you the sheeits....'course, you'll prolly eat like these Chinese folks:

Big Muddy
03-19-2015, 04:24 PM
Bucky, maybe Thump doesn't like nude beaches for other reasons ;)

LW
03-19-2015, 04:57 PM
That cabin looks great to me.

Buckrub
03-19-2015, 05:08 PM
Here you go, Buddy!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/11-reasons-you-should-never-ever-take-a-cruise/ss-AA2gs73

Thumper
03-19-2015, 05:21 PM
Sheeesh! Talk about Chicken Little syndrome! I'd better lock my doors and never leave the house! ;)

Buckrub
03-19-2015, 05:27 PM
HAHAHA

Saw that today and it was so apropos.

Good luck!

BarryBobPosthole
03-19-2015, 06:01 PM
Ha! Well, one of the stops does have a nude beach .... but I've "been there, done that" ... it twernt like the movies ... just a bunch of old fart men with saggy balls and old women with saggy tits. I think I'll pass this time around. :(

Then you ain't been to Orient Beach!

BKB

Thumper
03-19-2015, 06:11 PM
Then you ain't been to Orient Beach! BKB

Ha ha! Actually P-hole ... that's PERSACTLY where it was ... St. Maarten (unless you're talkin' about another Orient Beach). It must have been an off day. Maybe I should give it a second look-see. :D

Or, then again, maybe Thailand spoiled me. (I could post a few pics, but I'm tryin' real hard to be a good boy these days) ;)

BarryBobPosthole
03-19-2015, 06:18 PM
I'd say the ratio was at least 60/40 good uns to bad uns and probably a good 20% were REAL gooduns.

Waves I mean. Of course.

BKB

Thumper
03-19-2015, 06:19 PM
Well, I'll be there in a couple'o weeks (April 2nd). Maybe I should give it a second glance if the waves are good.

I mean ... uhhh, I DO love to body surf and all. ;)

They shut down Lido Beach in the mid-80's ... so the surfing is a bit off here locally. :D