PDA

View Full Version : Blue Angles, they come here about every other year, Thunderbirds are scheduled this s

jb
03-23-2015, 08:20 AM
summer. It sure looks like they have fun doing this.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/u4D0yx4DvBk?rel=0

Thumper
03-23-2015, 09:05 AM
That's odd ... the Blue Angels are down here about every year (they missed 2013 due to the "sequester"), but I noticed this year, it will be the Thunderbirds instead. We have the second largest airshow in the country (after Oshkosh) and Lynn and I go every year. It (Sun 'n Fun) lasts all week and I can actually sit out by the pool in my backyard and get quite a show as they seem to use the lake as a visual turn-around point where the different performers organize for the fly-overs. The show will be here the end of next month (April 21-26 ... I think Oshkosh is in July?).

Anyway, this year, they'll also have the first-ever U.S. performance of the Breitling Jet Team. Should be a good show as a couple of days overlap with both Breitling and the Thunderbirds performing.

DeputyDog
03-23-2015, 11:51 AM
I've never seen the Thunderbirds, but have seen the Blue Angels a couple of times, the first time I was pretty young and I think they were still flying the F-4's, then again about 3 years ago in Chicago.

I still kick myself for not going to see them back in 2003 in Dayton. They were celebrating the 100th anniversary of the Wright Brothers, and they were having the Blue Angels, Thunderbirds, and the Canadian Snowbirds all at the same airshow. I believe that was the first and maybe only time that the three have performed at the same airshow.

DeputyDog
03-23-2015, 11:52 AM
I've never seen the Thunderbirds, but have seen the Blue Angels a couple of times, the first time I was pretty young and I think they were still flying the F-4's, then again about 3 years ago in Chicago.

I still kick myself for not going to see them back in 2003 in Dayton. They were celebrating the 100th anniversary of the Wright Brothers, and they were having the Blue Angels, Thunderbirds, and the Canadian Snowbirds all at the same airshow. I believe that was the first and maybe only time that the three have performed at the same airshow.

Sunshine
03-23-2015, 11:54 AM
Deputy is stuttering again!!!! :)

The Blue Angels and the Thunderbirds show up for Sea Fair each year in Seattle. :D